Kiper Suggest Dolphins trade Back Up | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper Suggest Dolphins trade Back Up

Well, let's reverse that. We gave UP OUR R1 next year (not 2 years down the line)
+ additional mid round capital to move from 12 to 6! So I'm assuming EVERYONE
on this board realizes we have TWO NUMBER ONES invested in that #6 pick!

You think that's "good value? You think that's good yield off the the #3 pick???

Seriously. I'm not making this **** up. The yo-yo was a loser. Period.
Technically , you're right , but at some point the salary cap becomes a consideration. We got 3 #1's last year that eventually will have to be re-signed. One of them might be a franchise QB. if you skip a year after 2 years of double/ triple first rounders you may be able to keep the core talent together for a little while longer while still extending the string of extra #1's to play with. Just saying...

Technically , you're right , but at some point the salary cap becomes a consideration. We got 3 #1's last year that eventually will have to be re-signed. One of them might be a franchise QB. if you skip a year after 2 years of double/ triple first rounders you may be able to keep the core talent together for a little while longer while still extending the string of extra #1's to play with. Just saying...
I've heard that kind of justification / explanation before. However I'm not sure how much savings in 5 years (rookie deals) moving form 3 to 6 will deliver -- let alone IF it will matter whatsoever. So that's more speculation IMO and insufficient reason to do what we did. So for me the salary cap thing is essentially nonsense.

Another VERY SIMPLE point ----- if indeed distant finances where a factor -- we could have traded down into the 20s or wherever and picked up excellent value in the 2nd and 3rd and even 4th rounds. And this draft (talent wise) is ideal for that kind of move.

Beyond that, the trade with Philly is just weird because it seems the move only BURNED draft assets for us in '21 and our R1 in '22. I just don't see how that adds any value or long term strategic advantage. Unless all of a sudden we're so overloaded with talent we no longer need first round picks...

After reading the post here yesterday explaining how not to expect Pitts to be productive for a year or two plus taking into consideration his concussion issue throw in that Tua has probably a 2 year window to prove himself then I am going to say Pitts is definitly not our target or should be. We need to see what Tua can produce this year meaning we are targeting Chase, Smith or Waddle IF we are targeting a pass catcher with our first pick in this year's draft.

Is there a chance they thought they could get Pitts at 6 when it happened? Hasn't his stock risen even more since the trade? It seems to me it has

You know we are closing in on the draft, when this is a headline. Mel Kiper suggests that the Dolphins aren't finished trading and has Miami trading up with Atlanta to #4 to take Pitts.

I don't know what it would cost, but I think Grier stays at #3 if Pitts was the target. My best guess is Chase or Smith, probably in that order as the Dolphins are more sized based than a lot of teams.
The only argument I can make against your thinking is that at the time of trade, Pitts hadn’t had his pro day yet and was not quite as popular on draft boards as he was after the trade....

Which is why I suggested that it may have been a big mistake trading down in the thread so many hated!.......

After reading the post here yesterday explaining how not to expect Pitts to be productive for a year or two plus taking into consideration his concussion issue throw in that Tua has probably a 2 year window to prove himself then I am going to say Pitts is definitly not our target or should be. We need to see what Tua can produce this year meaning we are targeting Chase, Smith or Waddle IF we are targeting a pass catcher with our first pick in this year's draft.
Pitts had one concussion from an illegal violent hit in the Georgia game...which broke his nose that required surgery....he came back from that and helped nearly beat a far Superior Bama team in the SEC championship including beating Surtain Jr in the game.

I feel they have nothing else to talk about so they make up stories. this would be one of the dumbest trades we can do

Is there a chance they thought they could get Pitts at 6 when it happened? Hasn't his stock risen even more since the trade? It seems to me it has
I'd say his stock has risen. Many evaluators have him as the #2 talent in the draft.

If we miss on Pitts and HAD received excellent value (or at least good value) for the yo-yo trade

then I'd be OK it. That kind of stuff can happen. It's also possible Chase is gone as well, tho IMO

he's nowhere near the prospect Pitts is. So all I know is we received poor vale for the 3 to 6 move

and now we have to deal with the outcome. Maybe we get lucky and maybe we get burned.

But like I said -------- you have to realize we have 2 R1s invested in that #6 pick so it better be a HR!

Fair enough thanks for the update, still believe the other wudeouts are the targets for just the other reason I posted. Not implying Pitts may or may not end up being the better player we are looking for instant impact this year. Take into consideration the size that I think Florres prefers I would throw my dart at Chase for our first pick and if we do not go this direction at 1A perhaps Bateman at 18. He is big, was very productive last year on a team that does not feature wudeouts as much as LSU.

based on how Grier played poker with the 5th pick last year, got his guy, and how he moved back to #6
so early this year, no way they go back up to 4. If they know Atl really wants QB 4, why move? force them to
draft him at 4. Seems like Chase or Sewell is the pick for Cincy. Also if they were in total love with Pitts, they never would
have moved from 3. My guess 4 QB and Chase go 1-5, Dolphins take Pitts.
Watch them take Parsons and pass on Pitts, lol

Well, let's reverse that. We gave UP OUR R1 next year (not 2 years down the line)
+ additional mid round capital to move from 12 to 6! So I'm assuming EVERYONE
on this board realizes we have TWO NUMBER ONES invested in that #6 pick!

You think that's "good value? You think that's good yield off the the #3 pick???

Seriously. I'm not making this **** up. The yo-yo was a loser. Period.
Using that logic we had 3 #1's and a 3rd invested in the 3rd overall pick.....

Using that logic we had 3 #1's and a 3rd invested in the 3rd overall pick.....
Zero clue what you're remotely trying to infer.

Fact is we traded 2 R1s for THAT PICK!

#12 in '21 and our #1 in 22.

Pretty simple dude.

Zero clue what you're remotely trying to infer.

Fact is we traded 2 R1s for THAT PICK!

#12 in '21 and our #1 in 22.

Pretty simple dude.
He made the two deals minutes apart.

Do you really believe the first wasn't contingent on the 2nd?

He traded back from 3 to 6 and picked up a 1st and a 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom