Kiper thinks Smith is best bet for Miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper thinks Smith is best bet for Miami

NJFINSFAN1 said:
That's funny, he said Ronnie Brown on the radio this morning!
I was high on brown until someone brought my attention to his age, (24) AGE is a huge factor with runningbacks, even one who hasn't been the feature back such as Ronnie. I would take a 21 year old way before I would a 24 year old, the 30 year old mark with runningbacks is something you can't ignore.

dolphingator said:
OK fishypete, just WHO, pray tell, is your "can't miss" sixth-round Brady clone diamond-in-the-rough that is gonna fall to us and somehow escape the notice of 31 other teams?

WHO?

NAME, please?

*silence*

That's what I thought. There ISN'T one.

Let's get Smith NOW, while we can.

Its that midget from Louisville "Lefors". He's 4' 8" tall. I'm rooting for the guy but i think he's too short to be a franchise qb. :tongue:

HVACservice said:
With all due respect..........

The only difference between McPherson and Smith is 30 draft picks.

Finally, someone with some sense. Why do we need to get a QB in the 1st rd, when we can get a much better one in the later rounds. The two best future QB's in the draft are Adrian McPherson and David Greene.

these "experts" are so funny

Mel Kiper..... :roflmao:

The only thing different about these "experts" like Kiper, and us fans... is, that they have a microphone or keyboard in front of them and we dont... fans know as much about the sport and are as informed as they are but we dont do it for a living

GO PHINS FOREVER!!!!!

atta boy Nick!

-- Victoria

That guy must change his mind more often than anybody else...either that or he is helping us fuel the trade-with-Tampa fire.

Sage Rosenfels

I WOULD TAKE SAGE ROSENFELS OVER SMITH OR RODGERS.OR ARE STARTER A.J FEELEY AND GUS FREROTTE .OR ANY QB IN THIS DRAFT.HE HAS A BETTER ARM THEN ALL OF THEM .HE HAS NOT BEEN GIVING A CHANCE .DO NOT WASTE A PICK ON A QB ...RB ALL THE WAY. :tongue:

NorthFloridaFin said:
Finally, someone with some sense. Why do we need to get a QB in the 1st rd, when we can get a much better one in the later rounds. The two best future QB's in the draft are Adrian McPherson and David Greene.

Why? Because McPherson was Arena league MVP, and David Greene has shown that he can be a good college Qb, but I don't believe he has the ability to do anything more in the NFL than hold a clipboard. Alot of people on the boards have compared McPherson to Vick, but why? I think McPherson compares alot more to Akili Smith than Vick, and would rather have Campbell, Frye, Smith, Rodgers, and Orton over him. I think of it this way, if a Qb isn't taken with the 2nd pick, why would they take one on the 1st day? If Feeley flops and the season is a disaster again, than if a QB is taken say the 3rd rd than I still believe Qb would be the top pick next season making the pick in this year's draft basically a waste when there are more holes on the roster. My main arguement to take a Qb is that the Rb class is much deeper than the Qb IMO, and that the 2nd tier RB's are much better than the 2nd tier Qb's in the draft IMO. If Edgerrin James and Shaun Alexander two franchise Rb's are available for 2nd rd pick and a Qb who started I believe 5 games for Philly cost a 2nd rd pick, than I believe a QB definately has more value at the #2 pick.

bwallen said:
I WOULD TAKE SAGE ROSENFELS OVER SMITH OR RODGERS.OR ARE STARTER A.J FEELEY AND GUS FREROTTE .OR ANY QB IN THIS DRAFT.HE HAS A BETTER ARM THEN ALL OF THEM .HE HAS NOT BEEN GIVING A CHANCE .DO NOT WASTE A PICK ON A QB ...RB ALL THE WAY. :tongue:
Welcome to the Forum, now, please stop using ALL-CAPS. (As a general rule doing that implies that you are yelling, and many find that to be offensive, plus it is unsightly to most everyone.)

Thanks man!!:wink:

:cooldude: I agree with Mel. Take one of the two QBs and I think Linehan wants Smith. He is a winner. Brian Griese's physical skills were lacking; however it had it where it counted most...brains and leadership.

Smith is the pick if he's there I think. I agree with Mel that a Brady type pick is once in a lifetime, you dont find great Qbs on the second draft day.

HelloMotto said:
Its that midget from Louisville "Lefors". He's 4' 8" tall. I'm rooting for the guy but i think he's too short to be a franchise qb. :tongue:

Actually he's bigger than Brees....by a quarter of an inch...and one day soon...when Rodgers and Smith are afterthoughts....you'll remember the name Lefors.

Smith doesn't know how to play under center....and Rodgers is nothing more than a typical west coast QB....think of a waltz...1.2.3. throw...1.2.3. throw...he'll be great for the 49ers....but not for us. I just watched and recorded the CAL VS USC game of last season...you know the one where Rodgers threw for 23 reps in a row....tying Tee Martin's record....Tee Martin...WOW! Not very hard to do when your throwing 5-6 yd passes to mostly TE's and backs....doesn't speak well of a QB that throws to a set place and to a set receiver....and doesn't look over the field....you can't look over the field if you only have 3 seconds to throw....again...1.2.3. throw.
If thats what some of you think is a good QB....Lots of luck.

dolphingirl_vic said:
Mel Kiper..... :roflmao:

The only thing different about these "experts" like Kiper, and us fans... is, that they have a microphone or keyboard in front of them and we dont... fans know as much about the sport and are as informed as they are but we dont do it for a living

GO PHINS FOREVER!!!!!

atta boy Nick!

-- Victoria

I agree. Mel Kiper's credibility in recent years has slipped in my opinion and I don't take his word as the gospel anymore when it comes to draft stuff. If you're looking for a good draft site I suggest www.nfldraftcountdown.com Their mock last year was tops in the country, better than draft "guru" Mel Kiper Jr.

4U2NV said:
I agree. Mel Kiper's credibility in recent years has slipped in my opinion and I don't take his word as the gospel anymore when it comes to draft stuff. If you're looking for a good draft site I suggest www.nfldraftcountdown.com Their mock last year was tops in the country, better than draft "guru" Mel Kiper Jr.

i dont agree with all their picks...i think Mike Willaims will fall all the way down to the Vikes...i think the Bearswill take him

Back
Top Bottom