Kiper thinks Smith is best bet for Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper thinks Smith is best bet for Miami

Puffboy(ricky)

MVP sextoy
Reaction score
CG Ludlow Illinois: You would be the best pick overall at #2, in your opinion?

clear.gif
Mel Kiper: (12:41 PM ET ) I'd take Alex Smith if I were Miami. You need that bright young QB prospect in this league. If he is high on their draft board, they should take him. History shows ou can find RBs later in the draft, 2nd-7th round. Don't metnion Tom Brady .. that was a once in a lifetime pick getting him in the sixth round.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
That's funny, he said Ronnie Brown on the radio this morning!

You're right and he said the same thing several days ago. Mel may be good at evaluating college talent but he's all over the place when it comes to who should draft whom.

P.S. I completely agree with Mel this time. ;)

IMO if San Fran takes Rodgers we will take Smith. If San Fran goes with Smith this draft is in for a wild ride. With that said if we stay at #2 and Smith is gone I go Ronnie Brown.

I am convinced that this year Mel really has no clue what he thinks. He changes all of the time and sometimes in the same day. I guess this draft is even tough for the "experts" to figure out.

Celtkin said:
You're right and he said the same thing several days ago. Mel may be good at evaluating college talent but he's all over the place when it comes to who should draft whom.

P.S. I completely agree with Mel this time. ;)
I think Mel thinks Miami will take Ronnie Brown. But this question was asked "who would he take"? and he said Alex Smith. I think they're two different questions. I don't think he flip floppin.

FlyFishingKing I guess looking at your signature Saban is a fan of Spencer Johnson. Great book!!!!

I think if the Fins trade down they should get anyone but a RB. Ryan Moats will be fine in the 2nd round. Kiper currently has him going to Chicago with the 39th pick. Mike Williams or a top corner would be my choices in round one.

phillyphinphan said:
I would only seriously consider smith if we have a 2nd-our offensive skill positions (RB, OT, Slot WR, QB included) needs more proven talent...

Someone tell me when the wide receiver and running back positions became more important than the quarterback position.

im praying the niners take smith so if we take any QB its at least rodgers... smith is fiedler-esqe to me, wouldn't say his arm is weak but its not strong thats for sure... his mechanics are questionable and of course hes gonna have good numbers playing in the mountain west, haha... hes never played a team when they were ranked, came out of a gimmick offense, very skinny frame for an NFL pounding, just a lot more question marks around him that rodgers if you ask me...

KB21 said:
Someone tell me when the wide receiver and running back positions became more important than the quarterback position.

To me, it is not that they are more important, but they are of greater immediate need for us. Well at least RB is. I am not totally blown away with either of the top QBs. I would rather go M. Williams in the first, RB in the second, and QB in the third. I still have hope in AJ, or at least enough to not want to draft a QB that I am not totally blown away by.

arsenal said:
im praying the niners take smith so if we take any QB its at least rodgers... smith is fiedler-esqe to me, wouldn't say his arm is weak but its not strong thats for sure... his mechanics are questionable and of course hes gonna have good numbers playing in the mountain west, haha... hes never played a team when they were ranked, came out of a gimmick offense, very skinny frame for an NFL pounding, just a lot more question marks around him that rodgers if you ask me...

Well if we take Smith or Rodgers, my money is on Gus starting and AJ as backup. And then next year AJ is a cap cut.

Back
Top Bottom