Kirk Merrit | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kirk Merrit

6’2”. 215 lbs.
4.3 40 time and 43” vertical jump.
Should be fun to watch him be coached.

Because he's fast and can jump? sounds fun

Did you know he plays the receiver position? Your post didn't mention it so I googled the name to find out.

Maybe you should say more about why you think this way ... what position he plays ... what impact do you think he may have etc. ... just food for thought

At Arkansas State’s pro-day Merritt was able to participate, where he destroyed expectations. These were his results:

• 4.33 in the 40-yard dash (2nd among combine WRs)
  • 4.02 in the 20-yard shuttle (1st among combine WRs)
  • 45.5-inch vertical jump (1st among combine WRs)
  • 23 bench press reps (1st among combine WRs)
  • 11’3” broad jump (3rd among combine WRs)
All of that at 6’0” 215-pounds, and all results were verified by former NFL scout, Josh Cox. The athleticism is nothing new as he won the Nike SPARQ National Championship in high school (2014) and was a track and field star in Louisiana. In his Senior year of high school, he ran a 10.45 100m.

Those are not combine numbers though. I would highly question that 40 time at that size.
He’s actually only 6’ tall but i guarantee he is still a burner.

I want to see a combination of him, cole, and Perry this pre season and hopefully they can steal the spots from Hurns and Grant.

At Arkansas State’s pro-day Merritt was able to participate, where he destroyed expectations. These were his results:

• 4.33 in the 40-yard dash (2nd among combine WRs)
  • 4.02 in the 20-yard shuttle (1st among combine WRs)
  • 45.5-inch vertical jump (1st among combine WRs)
  • 23 bench press reps (1st among combine WRs)
  • 11’3” broad jump (3rd among combine WRs)
All of that at 6’0” 215-pounds, and all results were verified by former NFL scout, Josh Cox. The athleticism is nothing new as he won the Nike SPARQ National Championship in high school (2014) and was a track and field star in Louisiana. In his Senior year of high school, he ran a 10.45 100m.
Pro day numbers are notoriously questionable. Hard to fathom wth that kind of athleticism and on field production he went undrafted, notwithstanding his off-field issues from five years ago.

I like the workout numbers and I was impressed with that the day we signed him. I would like to see some good film of him playing but have been unable to find good quality videos.

Back
Top Bottom