Kirk Merrit | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kirk Merrit

Already familiar with the RPO scheme. He's tough. I see why they were interested in him as an UDFA. He's an aggressive run blocker.

It's hard to learn anything about him from that video playing in that offense with that god awful QB.

I’m excited to see what happens with this coaching staff in general. If they can continue to coach up players like they did last season, we’ve got an exciting decade of football coming our way. A lot of the staff left, but with Flores at the top I think we will be okay.

One might say I trust the man.

Because he's fast and can jump? sounds fun

Did you know he plays the receiver position? Your post didn't mention it so I googled the name to find out.

Maybe you should say more about why you think this way ... what position he plays ... what impact do you think he may have etc. ... just food for thought
Great points. I think I just thought the numbers could be used somewhere

Are pro days not good?
They're good and bad IMHO. The good is, a player that really messed up their 40 time - say a corner, where speed really matters - could show that he really did have a bad foot or hamstring that day and make up for. The bad with Pro days is they're put on by the player's school. The quality control is simply not as strict as it is at the combine. Another poster mentioned the stopwatch 40 times. That's one issue. But even other "events" like the vertical where it is so strict at the combine on how you do a two-legged take off and the bench press making sure you actually do them correctly. The general feeling is those are more lax at a pro-day.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to knock this kid down at all - far from it. I want to see him succeed and overcome whatever caused him to be undrafted. But I'm a realist too. A guy with those kind of measurables (if anywhere near true) and his physique and on-field production just went undrafted. Hmmmm I say to myself. Did every team just capitalize on the other great receivers in the draft and the game of musical chairs ended with nowhere for Mallett to sit? Maybe.

Another theory with guys who fall really far in the draft (i.e. Curtis Weaver) is that at a certain point, teams just pass on the guy because they notice everyone else is and figure there must be a reason they're not privy to so they pass on him too. It makes sense in terms of the "psychology" of it but I tend to think with Mallett it's a combination of filling up on WRs early in the draft and serious concerns about what's going on between the ears.

All really good points.
I am going to enjoy watching him.
Practice squad?
Roster surprise?
Early cut?
Train hard now kid. Everyone else is.

Finding two Preston Williams 2 years in a row is amazing and good scouting.
It’s lucky and unlikely. As far as scouting goes, not really. Everyone that follows draft prospects closely knew well of both players. They were undrafted due to serious character concerns.

Cool ... glad you're on top of it ... I guess naming a player and then saying something like wow he's fast and will be fun to watch or watch being coached is a pretty cool thread ... my bad ... no offense taken ... I just need more info than you and my memory may not be as strong as yours ...

don't like the advice that tells you when you start a new thread to include a tad more pertinent information for those of us that sometimes "grab and go"? ok ... no big deal my friend

assuming that "even a casual visitor of this site" is familiar with all of the UDFA's seems a tad unrealistic IMO

My apologies for not knowing WTF Merritt is without a peek
Wow ... this is incredibly hostile lol

Cool ... glad you're on top of it ... I guess naming a player and then saying something like wow he's fast and will be fun to watch or watch being coached is a pretty cool thread ... my bad ... no offense taken ... I just need more info than you and my memory may not be as strong as yours ...

don't like the advice that tells you when you start a new thread to include a tad more pertinent information for those of us that sometimes "grab and go"? ok ... no big deal my friend

assuming that "even a casual visitor of this site" is familiar with all of the UDFA's seems a tad unrealistic IMO

My apologies for not knowing WTF Merritt is without a peek

...you got spanked! Now do your homework
next time and research the thread subject
BEFORE jumping in the pool!

Geez!

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom