Kirk Merritt | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kirk Merritt

I don't always trust pro day numbers v combine numbers, but this kids measurables are damn good. A bigger version og Grant maybe?
Thing is you could downgrade each number by a reasonable amount, and it would still leave you with the best overall combine numbers of any WR in this class.

There are twitter videos of him displaying his strength and leaping ability, and they back up what we see on that list.

And he won the 2014 Nike Sparq competition 6 years ago, where he ran an electronic timed 4.43 in HS. His overall score was the record at the time. So we are dealing with a one of a kind athlete.

But we aren't in the "athlete" business. This is football, and his college football career was extremely underwhelming for somone with those gifts.

He's actually 6 months younger than Robert Hunt, so I don't see his age as being an issue. And I don't mind character concerns from an undrafted player who has not had an incident in 4 years. His on field production is the concern. And it's a very big one.

TBH, I don't know what to make of the kid. He's the type of guy that I feel the lack of preseason is really robbing us of seeing what we might have.

Looks like trying to replicate a Preston Williams UDFA shot. His off the field problems may cost him. They are pretty serious. He would need to play just as good as Preston Williams to make the roster. Looks like PS for now.
He was appreciative of his female tutors - he wanted to show them what he was made of.

Older guy with a lot to prove huge chip on his shoulder, knows that his lifespan for football is quickly closing. You will likely see a ton of effort and drive and desire from him.

Hope he gets a chance if not here then somewhere; got to appreciate the guy’s persistence to follow his dream to do what he loves.

He is a guy who worked out better than he played.

That is why he was not Drafted and Miami got him where they did.

His athleticism and tools make him worth taking a flyer on and stashing him on the practice squad, but his actual performance makes it unlikely anything comes of it.

I am fine with them taking shots on guys like this.

Panning for gold usually gives you a pile of mud but every once in a while....................:hclap:

Back
Top Bottom