Kiwanuka injured | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiwanuka injured

biggtyme13

Upstate NY's #1 Finfan!
Reaction score
Saratoga Springs, NY The Home of Bill Parcels
This is from espn insider's Senior Bowl Evaluations. It looks like Kiwanuka is having a horrible 2006 so far. After getting handled all week by D'Brick he may have ligament damage in his shoulder can you say his draft stock is plummiting.

Mathias Kiwanuka was injured on Wednesday and will be getting X-rays on his left shoulder to check for ligament damage. But even before his injury, Kiwanuka's stock plummeted during this week's practices, as he continually struggled getting to the quarterback against the top offensive tackles, Virginia's D'Brickashaw Ferguson in particular. Will his performance keep him out of the first round? Probably not, as he still has some special gifts that can't be taught. A lot of NFL coaches would like to get their hands on Kiwanuka. His outstanding length and impressive pure speed are enough for an established team to bring him in with their first round pick.

biggtyme13 said:
This is from espn insider's Senior Bowl Evaluations. It looks like Kiwanuka is having a horrible 2006 so far. After getting handled all week by D'Brick he may have ligament damage in his shoulder can you say his draft stock is plummiting.

Mathias Kiwanuka was injured on Wednesday and will be getting X-rays on his left shoulder to check for ligament damage. But even before his injury, Kiwanuka's stock plummeted during this week's practices, as he continually struggled getting to the quarterback against the top offensive tackles, Virginia's D'Brickashaw Ferguson in particular. Will his performance keep him out of the first round? Probably not, as he still has some special gifts that can't be taught. A lot of NFL coaches would like to get their hands on Kiwanuka. His outstanding length and impressive pure speed are enough for an established team to bring him in with their first round pick.

This is kinda bad news for the Dolphins since he was projected to go before #16. Gives us less of a chance that a good player will reach #16.

phinfan_1 said:
This is kinda bad news for the Dolphins since he was projected to go before #16. Gives us less of a chance that a good player will reach #16.

Channing fell to us in the third last year because of injury concearns. This may be a blessing in disguise.;)

dolphinzen said:
Channing fell to us in the third last year because of injury concearns. This may be a blessing in disguise.;)

Very true..although I'd rather miami pass on him. :)

He looked pretty good this season until the OT (from FSU?) cheapshotted him and bent his knee like an accordion. I am not a big fan of Kiwi, but that shot changed his season.

Im not a big fan at all and dont think he would of went 1-15 if he didnt get injured. He has no technique *** a pass rusher cant stop the run. Out of hyis 9.5 sacks he had 3 in a game 3 times and was shut out of 6 games. i believe he can develop into a mathis like situational rusher in a 4-3 but hope the phins stay as far away from as they can.

IMO still no way Kiwanuka slips out of the first. I have him rated as the best defensive lineman on my board, better than Mario Williams, better than Haloti Ngata I don't care what anyone says. He is an INCREDIBLE prospect, but he must be regretting not coming out last season where he was projected top-10.

Back
Top Bottom