Knight fits here better than N.O...right? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knight fits here better than N.O...right?

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
All the worries about Knight's speed should be put to rest when you consider the fact that he will now be surrounded by 3 pro-bowlers in the secondary. I'm not sure what his responsibilities were in N.O., but I know they didn't have anything close to our kind of talent to help him out.

I know that he would probably be an ideal fit for a team that runs the Cover-2, but he won't be required to help Madison & Surtain too often. As long as he provides strong run support and makes WR's nervous about going down the middle of the field, I'm happy. It's a pretty safe bet that he will make more big plays than Freeman. In another year or two, Freeman(hopefully still with us) should be even more comfortable and ready to step up his game, but until that time Knight is what we need to close the deal when games are slipping away in December.

Yeah, we definetely needed a threat for people coming down the middle.

I always thought people could run slants and what not on us all day and be successful..so it seemed..

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
Yeah, we definetely needed a threat for people coming down the middle.

I always thought people could run slants and what not on us all day and be successful..so it seemed..

I agree I was at the loss to Minn last year and it seemed that in the 2nd half every 3rd down they were able to get someone over the middle and move the chains.

We need some one to put the fear of god, jehovah, allah in the buggers who come across the middle and stop the feasting!

That was the #1 need, I thought at the end of last year. We did not have an intimidator on D. We have a bunch of great players but nobody to scare the offense. I was pulling for Rodney Harrison, but I'd rather have Knight at 27!

Hmm,
I like the Sammy Knight signing.

Great pickup.

To those who say he is too slow...let it rest. He is playing SS. Know the position. That position doesn't require a burner.

Now, to those who are projecting a swap of Knight on running plays and Freeman on passing plays...forget about this!! No NFL team will ever do that!

Finally, in response to this thread about Knigh not having to help Madison and Surtain....umm yes he will. Remember, we play zone an awful lot (about 30-40% of our pass coverage is a variation of zone)....due to this, the Strong safety is asked to cover the deepest receiver in some zone coverages...ie.. the reason that Freeman is being replaced now beause he handle those coverages.

I'm more interested in how Sammy reacts to the play action fake...because of his aggressive style, I'm willing to bet that most of the plays he gave up a TD on were of this type.

rgds!

Back
Top Bottom