Knowshon Moreno | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knowshon Moreno

jimlerario

Active Roster
Reaction score
He must be the starter week 1. If Miller Time starts, Joe Philbin will make yet another mistake.
SEE FOR YOURSELF!
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12516/knowshon-moreno

I know manning made him better last year, but he did have 10 rushing TDS, 4.3 YPC avg., and over 1000 yards.
Not to mention his first full year of being healthy since his rookie year, where he had 937 yards and 7 TDS as a rookie!
he was a first round pick, believed to be the best RB in his draft. he didnt bust, he got hurt, and still has major potential. In 5 seasons. he averaged 4.1 YPC. He is by far our most experienced, fundamentally sound back, by far! Miller time is a great complement to moreno, and miller is not a starter, look where it got us last year, 28th in rushing. Likely oline, but a new oline cant imprive miller that much, imo. MORENO IS A LEADER, LET HIM LEAD THE RBS PHILBIN!!!!

"Another 1,000-yard, 60-catch season will go a long way toward accomplishing the latter. Moreno, who reached the Super Bowl with the Broncos this past season, churned out 1,586 yards from scrimmage in 2013 – fifth-most in the NFL."

Well from reading the beat writer's tweets (so take it for what it's worth) his blitz pickup drills have been far superior to the other guys which probably means he gets plenty of playing time.

Knowsho was almost out of Denver last year he was nothing special until Peyton came there ! That and other opportunities gave him a chance to play! Also noticed Denver still threw him out in favor of other backs! If he was all that good then Denver would have kept him! So until he proves he can beat Miller and isn't hampered by his knees! Then i might be ok with it but until he proves he is the better guy then no!

Why the **** should I care who starts? They'll probably split carries regardless.

Knowsho was almost out of Denver last year he was nothing special until Peyton came there ! That and other opportunities gave him a chance to play! Also noticed Denver still threw him out in favor of other backs! If he was all that good then Denver would have kept him! So until he proves he can beat Miller and isn't hampered by his knees! Then i might be ok with it but until he proves he is the better guy then no!

Yeah opportunities like he was more reliable than the other 2 backs even though Denver really wanted one of them to beat him out. He will split carries here and is not the most talented back but he's the best blocker, pas catcher and scheme fit on our roster. We should all be rooting for the guy, but I know we love Lamar Miller and his 1.6 YPC average.

One decent year in a prolific passing offense when he was on the verge of almost being released that year.

if09px-1.gif

Guess I don't think he is all that special.

Why the **** should I care who starts? They'll probably split carries regardless.
Exactly! I hope they both do well. But the OP's post makes it sound like KM was an explosive runner, which he isn't. I do hope Miller learns to pass protect better and that seems to be KM's advantage now.

denver was tired of morenos injuries, and before last year moreno came off an injury plagued 2012 season, so they drafted highly regarded monte ball to take over after his rookie year at running back, when moreno became a free agent. then moreno stayed healthy and did good last year, but the deal had been done. they wanted ball to be the starter since 2012, no matter how well moreno did

Yeah opportunities like he was more reliable than the other 2 backs even though Denver really wanted one of them to beat him out. He will split carries here and is not the most talented back but he's the best blocker, pas catcher and scheme fit on our roster. We should all be rooting for the guy, but I know we love Lamar Miller and his 1.6 YPC average.

Knowsho was pretty much pushed to 3rd string doesnt sound like a guy who was beating out the competition! And we got him for nothing literally! I hope he does good but he wouldn't have been my first choice! I just hope he is good enough to beat DT !

[Q UOTE=marinotoclayton;1065121196]Knowsho was pretty much pushed to 3rd string doesnt sound like a guy who was beating out the competition! And we got him for nothing literally! I hope he does good but he wouldn't have been my first choice! I just hope he is good enough to beat DT ![/QUOTE]

Not really! You're right in that he was 3rd string but he ended up starting and it wasn't due to injury. Ball and Hillman fumbled too much, he didn't,

[Q UOTE=marinotoclayton;1065121196]Knowsho was pretty much pushed to 3rd string doesnt sound like a guy who was beating out the competition! And we got him for nothing literally! I hope he does good but he wouldn't have been my first choice! I just hope he is good enough to beat DT !

Not really! You're right in that he was 3rd string but he ended up starting and it wasn't due to injury. Ball and Hillman fumbled too much, he didn't,[/QUOTE]
That maybe but look who they got rid of! Why get rid of a guy that just got over 1000 yards for your team! That tells me that they must not have thought all that highly of him! Or he would have gotten a new contract!

Not really! You're right in that he was 3rd string but he ended up starting and it wasn't due to injury. Ball and Hillman fumbled too much, he didn't,
That maybe but look who they got rid of! Why get rid of a guy that just got over 1000 yards for your team! That tells me that they must not have thought all that highly of him! Or he would have gotten a new contract![/QUOTE]

Because they also invested a high Draft pick in Monte Ball, who they think will be better than Knowshon. They brought him along slowly last season, but he was looking good when given more opportunities.
That doesn't mean that Knowshon is chopped liver. He delivered really well for the Broncos last season and did a great job of protecting Peyton Manning. Our other RBs are not in his league when it comes to blitz pickup.

BTW - Have you noticed that John Elway doesn't seem to miss on many high Draft picks?

Back
Top Bottom