Koa Misi - No pressure v.s. 2nd and 3rd strings OL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Koa Misi - No pressure v.s. 2nd and 3rd strings OL

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Misi gets a lot of love around here.. But watching his pathetic pass rush against 2nd and 3rd string OL made me sick. The game is on at 8pm on NFL Network - Watch him with your own eyes.. At one point against Dallas, he couldn't beat a RB and he is our starter on defense...

Not sure why this guy gets so much love here!!!

JT is our starter I think when its all said and done on passing downs. Misi has always been better vs the run. I also think he could do very well in as a OLB in a 4-3. Im sure hell get some chances there since we rund a hybrid 3-4/4-3 sometimes.

Burnet, Dansby, Misi/Edds, JT, Odrick/McDaniels, Starks/Langford, Wake, Vontae, Smith, Bell, Jones/Clemons in a 4-3 sounds NASSSTTYYYYYYY.

Misi certainly looked better last year. Not sure if the lockout had an effect on him or what. He seems to have digressed a bit instead of progressing like I expected. Not giving up on him by a long shot though yet. Hopefully, he can learn some better rush skills and add some strength, cause he is alright against the run.

Man I could of sworn I saw Koa beating his man a few times last night, maybe I'll get around to watching the game again but I thought he played well. His job is not all about getting pressure, he does alot of things well and you need that from your strongside OLB. We know he isn't this elite pass rusher and hopefully he makes strides in that area. I remember hearing camp reports about Bryan Cox working with JT and Cam Wake, I believe in some pass rush drills, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why Misi wasn't working with them.

He's not a speed rusher so you won't see him turning the edge like Wake. What he does do is push his man back into the quarterback which can lead to a sack by someone else, or at least push the qb out of the pocket and out of rhythm.

He'll be fine.

waste of a top 40 pick...i still can't stop laughing when i think about ck and slimm arguing with me after he was drafted how he reminded them of clay matthews when i watch matthews play...lmao...this kid can't hold clay matthews jock

a 2 down drop into a soft zone and cover in the flats outside lb is not worth a top 40 pick and thats exactly what this kid is...drafted at least a round too high...

waste of a top 40 pick...i still can't stop laughing when i think about ck and slimm arguing with me after he was drafted how he reminded them of clay matthews when i watch matthews play...lmao...this kid can't hold clay matthews jock

a 2 down drop into a soft zone and cover in the flats outside lb is not worth a top 40 pick and thats exactly what this kid is...drafted at least a round too high...

I remember looking at his college numbers and being puzzled. I know college stats are far from the be all end all for prospects, but it always struck me as odd that people proclaimed him to be a good pass rusher when he had 10.5 sacks in 3 years at Utah. He was probably a reach, but as others have pointed out, he at least does other things well.

I remember looking at his college numbers and being puzzled. I know college stats are far from the be all end all for prospects, but it always struck me as odd that people proclaimed him to be a good pass rusher when he had 10.5 sacks in 3 years at Utah. He was probably a reach, but as others have pointed out, he at least does other things well.

at utah they moved him all over the place and let him rush up the a gap etc here we just keep sending him at the qb by going thru quality nfl tackles and i'm sorry but this kids not got enough tools in his shed as a pass rusher to make that work...let him roam a little bit like we seem to love letting jason taylor do and rush from a variety of areas...take advantage of his versatility...we are not getting as much bang for our buck as we should with misi but we never will if we keep sending him off the edge to 2 step with nfl tackles...his bullrush guys are just sitting on...one trick pony...average get off of the ball at the snap...

He was a reach in a sense that with a top 40 pick, you want the guy to be a hell of a pass rusher or atleast have that as part of his game. Nolan handpicked him, he feels like he needed a guy who can do alot of the "other" things, so I'll ride with him.

no...he doesn't have to be a hell of a pass rusher with a top 40 pick...but he's got to have high end pass rush tools...you need to see high end tools...i'm not taking any 3-4 olb convert prospect in the top 2 rounds who doesn't flash explosive high end tools

Misi didn't remind me of Clay Matthews from a pass rush perspective, but moreso his ability to stack-and-shed, along with his versatility. Misi is just fine with his first step and initial get off, he just hasn't developed anything else after that. He doesn't have anything to set up an offensive tackle to beat him.... but he's a good all around football player...

He didn't have a lot of sacks in college mainly due to the fact that Utah lined him up at defensive tackle a lot.. Again, he's not a speed rusher, but he would've had more sacks had he been able to rush off the edge all the time instead of having to play defensive tackle..

Definitely wouldn't say he's a waste of a top 40 pick... he tested out athletically pretty close to what Clay Matthews did.

Besides, it obviously goes without saying that Misi isn't Clay Matthews... that's not exactly a revelation. Hell hoops, you didn't even like Clay Matthews as a prospect that much to begin with. I tried to tell you that he was the best of the three USC linebacker prospects including Maualuga and Cushing. You thought Maualuga was Dick Butkus, remember? He's a bum... just like I said he was.

Matthews was the guy I had targeted at #25 for Miami, and they passed him up for Vonte Davis. I wouldn't have done it...

you and me both targeted hakeem nicks at #25 slimm...i remember...

but whether you agree or not misi was a waste of a top 40 pick...hell we let washed up jason taylor go so this kid could get every down run and he dissappointed so much as a pass rusher they brought back jason taylor...that says it all...

2 down olb who doesn't cover man to man down the field in our scheme but drops into a soft zone and coverage in the flats is not ever worth a top 40 pick....

Back
Top Bottom