Koa Misi - Not Dependable AT ALL | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Koa Misi - Not Dependable AT ALL

Denzel Perryman would have been, though. But the smart guys up stairs chose a backup 1 tech, with a questionable motor instead lol.

Jordan Phillips has already shown a lot of promise, he's going to play a lot this year and has a chance to be a dominant player going forward that eats up a lot of space for Suh.

Perryman is nothing special, a less injury prone version of Misi.

I daresay, Jordan phillips will learn more from suh than Perryman would've learned from misi. further making Jordan the more intuitive pick.
Jordan Phillips has already shown a lot of promise, he's going to play a lot this year and has a chance to be a dominant player going forward that eats up a lot of space for Suh.

Perryman is nothing special, a less injury prone version of Misi.

Misi pisses me off, but we don't have many options at this point. Hopefully one of the young bucks step up and take his spot. Tired of seeing him on the sidelines playing patty cake with his teammates.

hes always hurt he either needs to take a pay cut or they need to cut him in the off-season and put that money towards OV & Miller.

Vigil seems decent and could learn in his rookie season or maybe we could pick up a cheap replacement or draft one.

Denzel Perryman would have been, though. But the smart guys up stairs chose a backup 1 tech, with a questionable motor instead lol.

It's all about the []_[].

With that said you can now see my bias for Perryman and I can comfortably say that he would not have been a good fit in our defensive scheme. The guys up stairs are smarter than you.

Lol. You guys are funny. Misi is not great but, he hasn't exactly been "injury prone". He's missed some games but, he plays and does so, very solid. Is he a playmaker, no. I'm thinking Jelani Jenkins is and what LB core has ALL playmakers on it? Misi is solid, doesn't miss tackles, is exactly what we need. Now, if we can upgrade, fine. Do it. But, no one on our team now has proven better than Misi. He is what he is and has been....solid. He wasn't the problem when Ellerbe and Wheeler were on the field.

Lol. You guys are funny. Misi is not great but, he hasn't exactly been "injury prone". He's missed some games but, he plays and does so, very solid. Is he a playmaker, no. I'm thinking Jelani Jenkins is and what LB core has ALL playmakers on it? Misi is solid, doesn't miss tackles, is exactly what we need. Now, if we can upgrade, fine. Do it. But, no one on our team now has proven better than Misi. He is what he is and has been....solid. He wasn't the problem when Ellerbe and Wheeler were on the field.

Does the team need to keep an extra LB'er for when Misi goes down? Last time he played 16 games was 2010.

http://www.nfl.com/player/koamisi/496820/careerstats

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno, this is the kind of stuff I expect. Everyone here in the offseason is touting literally the most optimistic view on every possible situation, expecting zero injuries. We have several notable starters who are consistent injury concerns - Misi, Albert, Delmas - and you should expect them to miss time. People get surprised with injuries every year, or call it bad luck - nah, it's normal luck. Every year injury prone players get injured.

I truly feel for guys that are always getting dinged up. It's frustrating for us fans, but if we put our rabid fandom aside step back for a moment, there are really only a handful of freakish athletes in any year / career that just seem to be immune to injury. Mick Tingelhoff just got into the HOF for the Vikings - I read he never missed a game at Center in like 17 seasons. That stuff is rare - and even more so today where players are protected from taking unnecessary health risks as I'm sure a lot of them would go play through injury if they could. I remember always being frustrated w Offerdahl (referenced earlier in the thread) because he was a great player and our D was very different with him on the field. Unfortunately, it seemed like every year he went down at some point and the wheels came off an already suspect defense. Misi is NOT a great player - he's solid and it is better for us when he is on the field. Unfortunately, he's not dependable as the OP points out but I think this is just becoming the norm in the NFL and you somehow have to have good depth waiting to step up/in. It's not a guy's fault when he gets hurt - **** happens to the best of the them. So much luck involved today in terms of how healthy you are late in the season will dictate to a large extent how deep into the playoffs you will go. Stupid goal-line pass aside, I'm pretty sure Seattle thumps NE last year if Chancleor didn't play the game on torn MCL, Sherman on ripped off elbow, Thomas on torn labrum and Jeremy Lane breaking arm on an INT return. The whole secondary was crippled. Just bad luck at the worst time. I for one opt to give these guys a break. All we can do is hope our players stay healthy through the season. Someone gets hurt I'm not going to call them "soft". Just hope for the best for Misi and everyone else, keep our QB upright and compete w the best players on the roster is all you can ask at this point in the season.

Back
Top Bottom