Konrad a weapon??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Konrad a weapon???

QuebecFinsFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand why Konrad doesn't have the ball thrown his way more often and why he never runs ball:confused:

Since he's been drafted, Wanny & Gailey always said during training camp that Konrad will be a biggest part of our offense and he's not... I know he's been injured recently but still...

Maybe it's because of Chan's playbook???? i dunno???

I like this guy and i'm sure he can be a threat...

I have a feeling he will be available (not protected) for the Texans next year and they'll sign him....and then.... :( be a great player...

what's your opinion on that?

Konrad might touch the ball once or twice a game so it has to be Chan's playbook.

Remember Daryl Johnston at Dallas - that is Chan's idea of a FB: block and catch. But we have never thrown enough to Konrad on 1st down especially. Personally, I would rather see us go 2 TE's and put Weaver in there - he's looked like an excellent receiver.

check this out

from http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...l-marvezqa.htmlstory?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Q: With the struggles of the running game continuing, why don't the Dolphins try any get Rob Konrad involved more ala Mike Alstott? Frank Vusir, Hamilton, Ontario

A: Unfortunately for Konrad, the Dolphins don't run many fullback dive plays or use many one-back sets featuring their fullback. Also, Lamar Smith is a bruising type of runner like Konrad only with better speed and elusiveness. I also don't know how much Konrad's right shoulder is bothering him.

thanks Dolphan39...

i saw that today too... Marvez is right on the Konrad being kind of a similar back like Smith. But like you said, Konrad is not enough part of the offense in the passing game and that's a waste of talent (...and a waste of 2nd round pick since we pick Dyer).

QuebecFinsfan...................

Originally posted by QuebecFinsFan
I'm trying to understand why Konrad doesn't have the ball thrown his way more often and why he never runs ball:confused:

Since he's been drafted, Wanny & Gailey always said during training camp that Konrad will be a biggest part of our offense and he's not... I know he's been injured recently but still...

Maybe it's because of Chan's playbook???? i dunno???

I like this guy and i'm sure he can be a threat...

I have a feeling he will be available (not protected) for the Texans next year and they'll sign him....and then.... :( be a great player...

what's your opinion on that?

I've been saying this all season now about Rob. It's a major waste of talent not to get him more touches on offense!

:monkey: Chan not calling more plays designed to get Rob some touches.

sorry man i didn't know you talked about that subject at some point... i just join the board...

:monkey: Wanny not telling Chan to designed more plays for Konrad...

i don't know either..............

seems like chan gets a picture of somebody in his mind and he won't run anybody else! :confused:

Don't forget

that the run blocking is bad enough w/the FB blocking so handing off the Konrad in the 2 back set makes no sense; but we should be getting Konrad on a LB and throwing to him on 1st and 2nd down. :yell:

i think if the fins .............

mix the passing with a full house backfield, especially since chan doesn't ever use it, it will confuse the defense so bad, anything will work! :D

I would rather see us go 2 TE's and throw the ball to Jed Weaver than Konrad anyway.

of course, the Colts suck up the middle ;)

Hopefully it is Chambers on the deep post. OG on the fly and McKnight on the slant. :D

Back
Top Bottom