Konrad and Dyer..........What a duo! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Konrad and Dyer..........What a duo!

Capt. Dick

Deep Sea Wanderer
Reaction score
How`s this sound?

In the 1st half of games, we use Konrad to utilize his pass catching skills.

Our balanced Offense will consist of an improved JF throwing to a good, deep WR Corps with Chambers being our #1 WR.

Alonzo Mayes will wake up and be the TE we`ve been longing for.

Jay will have the double threat of both Konrad and RW catching the ball out of the backfield.

And of course, Ricky will run and punish.

With the combination of our "scoring machine" and great Defense we should be up at least 7-14 pts. going into the 2nd half.

We then bring in a FRESH Deon Dyer who will mow over tired LB`s like bowling pins.

Since Ricky gains strength the more carries he has, well..........They just oughta hand us the trophy now. :cool:

The only part I foresee differently is the tight end. I believe Weaver and McMichael will put on a nice show battling for that job, but I don't see Mayes being a factor.

Jeff

Jeff, I agree with you.........

Originally posted by JeffJewell
The only part I foresee differently is the tight end. I believe Weaver and McMichael will put on a nice show battling for that job, but I don't see Mayes being a factor.

Jeff

in that aspect. I believe that in time, once he's accustomed to the NFL game, and has realized his potential talent, Randy McMichael COULD become a pro bowl caliber TE. Other than the TE position, I totally like and agree with you Capt.;)

Well guys, this is a mini-camp report from a mod. at a small Mb I frequent.

Referring the TE position: "The guy who really stood out was Alonzo Mayes. None of the LB`s or SAFETIES could cover him. He ran nice routes, using his whole body, not just his feet, and he made several nice catches. He doesn`t look like 290 to me. He was the most impressive of the tight ends".

Capt.............

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

Referring the TE position: "The guy who really stood out was Alonzo Mayes. None of the LB`s or SAFETIES could cover him. He ran nice routes, using his whole body, not just his feet, and he made several nice catches. He doesn`t look like 290 to me. He was the most impressive of the tight ends".

I'm not saying that Alonzo Mayes doesn't have the physical attributes to be a quality TE. The only gripe I've got about Alonzo is that although he was injured for a large portion of last year(which isn't his fault), he hasn't shown the dedication(his weight,conditioning) that is required in taking that step to the next level. You can't just rely on physical talent. You also have to have a great work ethic in this league.

Re: Capt.............

Originally posted by aqua&orange54

I'm not saying that Alonzo Mayes doesn't have the physical attributes to be a quality TE. The only gripe I've got about Alonzo is that although he was injured for a large portion of last year(which isn't his fault), he hasn't shown the dedication(his weight,conditioning) that is required in taking that step to the next level. You can't just rely on physical talent. You also have to have a great work ethic in this league.

Oh yes Aqua........I`m just hoping the guy wakes up (grows up) and realizes this is probably his last chance. Afterall everything else seems to be going our way now..........

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

This is exactly what happened last year at mini-camps that I attended. Mayes looked like a WR out there, he was so fast. But we never got to see if he could translate it into pads because he got hurt so early in the summer. Fact is, we've never seen him in pads.

let's keep our fingers crossed...

and hope we finally catch a break on this one! The team has gotten screwed enough on injuries latley! I'm really fired up about Norv using the tight end. I grew up in North East Ohio. Two words: Ozzie Newsome

it all seems good but there is no mention of the offensive line in any of that...and that would be the key

When I started this thread, I was interested mostly in how Norv would utilize the FB`s.........I don`t know how it got to the Offensive line. These things just take on a life of their own. LOL

Back
Top Bottom