Kory Sperry | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kory Sperry

#1dolphinsfan

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I know some of you are woundering why we didnt pick up a pass catching TE in the draft but it hinkt he coachs feel like Kory Sperry can be that pass catching TE our offense was missing last year now that he knows our offense better and will have a full year of OTA/Minicamps and Training camp under his belt i think he could have a big impact on our offense next season as a pass catching TE. He is only a pass catching TE he is also a good blocker and once Fasano becomes a UFA after this season i think Kory Sperry could become our full time TE. He was thrown to 3 times last season and had 3 catchs for 31 yards and 1 TD.
clear.gif

I agree, except i think Fasano would be the full time TE because of his blocking skills. And Sperry could come in on passing situations. I believe he has potential and i would much rather see him running a post route than Haynos.

I'm not sure how we can evaluate him because we've only seen him in action in literally one game.

I am not sure on my feeling towards him however: I can tell u that the addition of BM will make both of their lives a lot easier. I expect Fasano to have his best year in a dolphin uniform.

Thats not hard, how can you top what Fasano cost us last year? Man he sucked!!!

Fasano did have a bad year but i dont think hes a bad TE hopefully he steps his game up and him and korry sperry can compliment each other

we definately need a consistent TE and I dont think he is on the roster yet

why cant we use Fasano and Kory Sperry at the same time and use Hartline as a decoy and use Polite right next to the right tackle or beside Fasano to block on that side of the line

Fasano, Sperry , and Hartline on one side and Marshall and Bess on the other and then mix the passing plays between these guys.

yea we haven't gotten much of a chance to assess the kid as a full time NFL tight end but I know he's got some talent. For the game or two he filled in last year I don't remember missing Fasano one bit. He was 3 for 3 and a TD in the one game he played. It took Fasano all year to catch 2 TD. His role will be a lot larger this year and next year we'll be saying..Anthony who? I think Sparano and Parcells know that. That's why they didnt go after anyone in the draft.

I know some of you are woundering why we didnt pick up a pass catching TE in the draft but it hinkt he coachs feel like Kory Sperry can be that pass catching TE our offense was missing last year now that he knows our offense better and will have a full year of OTA/Minicamps and Training camp under his belt i think he could have a big impact on our offense next season as a pass catching TE. He is only a pass catching TE he is also a good blocker and once Fasano becomes a UFA after this season i think Kory Sperry could become our full time TE. He was thrown to 3 times last season and had 3 catchs for 31 yards and 1 TD.
clear.gif

I thought it was because our defense sucked last season and we needed to draft alot of defense to help fix the pot holes!

We have Fasano, Haynos and Sperry at TE so adding another makes less sense then having Crowder, Anderson, Torbor at LB......Clemons, Culver at S.......Thomas, Garner at G......and add the fact that BM just joined us and makes that TE group even better.

In your opinion, why did he see the field just one game last year?

I ask because in his only game he was very good for us

Sperry has good hands but can he get open or split the seam is what we need in a TE right now. That is why they Naborne last year he has the ability but that means nothing unless he can translate that ability into production. No doubt Sperry is more polished but if I remember he was a 7th round draft pick so there was a reason for that too.

Back
Top Bottom