Kudos To Front Office, Grier For Being Flexible | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kudos To Front Office, Grier For Being Flexible

This is where I get nervous. Josh Rosen could give the F/O false securities, in that he's the Franchise QB, they've hopefully traded for. The affect of that could be passing on a QB's in 2020, who theoretically are all better than Rosen. But I understand the value of the trade although I'm still not a fan of passing on McCoy @ #48. You can make an argument that Rosen would be 4th behind Tua, Fromm and Herbert. Hell Jordan Love could turn out to be better as well. If Miami passes it could set back the Franchise, once again. But to the point of the thread, this F/O albeit in only 4 months has done more with less and the season hasn't even started yet. They've compiled enough draft capital in 2020, to be major players in the 2020 draft, a draft that is apparently rich at QB, WR, RB, OT, DE and CB, all still needs. Grier still has some players on the roster, he may be able to trade away in Stills, Alonzo, Jones and Kilgore. Then there is the huge amount of cap space in an unheard of amount of, $120M. Yes I'm loving what been done so far, especially the financial restraint that they've displayed. Good times are ahead, just be patient and let it all unfold.

This is where I get nervous. Josh Rosen could give the F/O false securities, in that he's the Franchise QB, they've hopefully traded for. The affect of that could be passing on a QB's in 2020, who theoretically are all better than Rosen. But I understand the value of the trade although I'm still not a fan of passing on McCoy @ #48. You can make an argument that Rosen would be 4th behind Tua, Fromm and Herbert. Hell Jordan Love could turn out to be better as well. If Miami passes it could set back the Franchise, once again. But to the point of the thread, this F/O albeit in only 4 months has done more with less and the season hasn't even started yet. They've compiled enough draft capital in 2020, to be major players in the 2020 draft, a draft that is apparently rich at QB, WR, RB, OT, DE and CB, all still needs. Grier still has some players on the roster, he may be able to trade away in Stills, Alonzo, Jones and Kilgore. Then there is the huge amount of cap space in an unheard of amount of, $120M. Yes I'm loving what been done so far, especially the financial restraint that they've displayed. Good times are ahead, just be patient and let it all unfold.

The first misconception is that the 2020 class are “all” better than Josh Rosen. Talent wise, I just don’t believe that at all.

Tua is a better prospect . . . .I will give you that. He is as good as I have seen in some time . . . but there are definitely question marks as far as durability and honestly that Bama team they field next year might be the best one they have fielded in this stretch run. They are absolutely loaded. Whatever team drafts him, he won’t have the world beaters all over that he does at Bama. You better have the top pick and hope he comes out as well.

Fromm and Herbert . . .I mean there should not be a definitive that they are better, and I would honestly argue that Rosen is the better QB prospect. But those two have another college season to make gains or take losses . . . .so we’ll see.

There should be no false securities when you pick up a just turned 22 year old, who is more talented than anybody you have rostered at QB since 13 retired . . . .especially when you have no idea what the 2019 college season does to the outlook of the position.

Yes they need to build the roster and they need to protect the QB . . . .but the hardest part of the equation is getting a guy talented enough to be great . . . They have that in Rosen and it didn’t cost them a bunch of picks to do it.

Lets see how it plays out.

Kdawg, I just wanted to put it on the record that you were right and I was wrong about Arizona getting a 2nd round pick for Rosen. You kept telling me they'd get a 2nd and I kept saying they'd only get a 3rd cause they were going to have no leverage. But I like to man up when I'm wrong and give you credit that you were right. As you know I normally agree with you most of the time but on that trade we just couldn't agree so props to you for being right.

Excellent manning up, but dude, it was pick 62 :D

If you were any closer to the third round it would have tickled your fanny!

Yeah, that's really the worst case scenario. What if you are unsure what you have in Rosen heading into the 2020 draft? In a sense, if Rosen plays terrible at least the organization knows they need a quarterback. If he has some great moments here and there, but is uneven overall how do you evaluate him? With the importance of the position, I think you delve back in and take another quarterback. Look how long the team held onto hope with Tannehill.

Kdawg, I just wanted to put it on the record that you were right and I was wrong about Arizona getting a 2nd round pick for Rosen. You kept telling me they'd get a 2nd and I kept saying they'd only get a 3rd cause they were going to have no leverage. But I like to man up when I'm wrong and give you credit that you were right. As you know I normally agree with you most of the time but on that trade we just couldn't agree so props to you for being right.

I mean it was close dude. And honestly I really thought Arizona was gonna get somebody to give up a late 1 in the end. They were too stubborn in wanting a top 15ish pick.

The 3rd round stuff was always media driven. I honestly think Zona wouldn’t of traded him for a 3 in the end, even if it meant holding on to him for the sake of holding on to him. They needed to save face as this has never happened to a top 10 QB pick.

I'm ok with giving Grier credit for making the trade for Rosen but I'm not sure HE is the one that wanted Rosen. Flores and Oshea liked Rosen coming out of college last year and they told Grier about it. Also, it helps that Caldwell is a very good QB's coach which should help Rosen a lot. At first I was upset we traded a 2nd for him, only because I thought we could get him for our 3rd round pick but there's no doubt he has some talent and if this thing works out then we got a total steal and cheap too as Arizona already paid him most of his contract.
Interesting point. I don't know how it all went down, but apparently Miami wasn't interested in drafting Rosen a year ago. At least that's what was said publicly. Maybe that was an Adam Gase thing. Maybe it was the organization saving face since Arizona traded up ahead of them, or maybe that was a true statement.

When Rosen was first rumored to be traded, there was speculation that New England was interested. I immediately thought that offense would be a great fit for him. So, in a sense if Miami is running the same offense I could see Flores and O'Shea being interested.

Interesting point. I don't know how it all went down, but apparently Miami wasn't interested in drafting Rosen a year ago. At least that's what was said publicly. Maybe that was an Adam Gase thing. Maybe it was the organization saving face since Arizona traded up ahead of them, or maybe that was a true statement.

When Rosen was first rumored to be traded, there was speculation that New England was interested. I immediately thought that offense would be a great fit for him. So, in a sense if Miami is running the same offense I could see Flores and O'Shea being interested.
If I remember correctly, Adam Gase said that if Rosen had been there at Miami's pick back in 2018, things would have gotten interesting. I think he was asked about Rosen, after the draft, last year. The guys on NFLN were saying, on Friday, both Miami and New England had done their homework on Rosen and were apparently satisfied.

Miami basically got Rosen and a 2019 6th (202) for a 2019 mid 4th (116) and a unknown 2020 5th.

The 2019 2nd (62) we gave to Zona and the unknown 2020 2nd we get from the Saints should be close to a wash (but if the Saints unexpectedly have a bad year the value gain will be even that more impressive).
Pulling against New Orleans every week!

Sorry Breesy, but it's time you get hurt most of season, not career ending whatsoever, but Teddy needs to play and then Aints fans will know hes not their future. 4-12 would be appreciated Saints, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom