Kuechenberg Passed... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kuechenberg Passed...

You are not a Dolphin fan if you don't know the word 'kooch'. Up there with Shula, Marino, Csonka.... He played before I became a Dolphin fan but he was on my 'need to know' list. Rightfully so after I read up and watched videos.

R.I.P. to an All-Time Phin great.

Its never good when someone passes away ... but one good thing about "Kooch's" passing:
Watch the NFL HOF committee select Kuechenberg as a "senior nominee" for the HOF next year for the class of 2020. The HOF committee did this when Kenny Stabler passed away in 2015 ... the very next year, he was selected as a senior nominee, and was eventually selected to the HOF. Thats one thing that disgusts me about the HOF committee ... with certain players, sometimes they wait for them to pass, before electing them to the HOF.

Hopefully ... this happens with Kooch. A damn shame he wont be alive for his "eventual" induction ... hopefully, the senior's committee nominates him as a senior finalist for next years HOF class of 2020. Kooch is way overdue. His performance alone in SB VIII against Alan Page should be enough for him to get in the HOF.

**** the HOF.

Putting Bob in now is bullshit. Yes, he deserves to be in there, and I hope he gets in, but it should have been done years ago.

You know, when he was alive and could be properly honored.

His family and teammates will appreciate it, as will us fans.

But putting it off for decades is horseshit.

**** the HOF.

Putting Bob in now is bullshit. Yes, he deserves to be in there, and I hope he gets in, but it should have been done years ago.

You know, when he was alive and could be properly honored.

His family and teammates will appreciate it, as will us fans.

But putting it off for decades is horseshit.
I agree. I think he was a victim of the “we can’t have too many guys from that same 0-line in there at the same time” syndrome. Which of course is utter BS.

RIP. I remember him as a player. Very good. Tough and nasty player. I hope we get inside linemen that would have made him proud. It’s been like 15 years since we had guards that were legit (Mark Dixon, Jamie Nails). I’m sick of it.

Back
Top Bottom