Kwity Paye Pro Day Edge Rusher | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kwity Paye Pro Day Edge Rusher

I really like Paye from a physical stand point just wish he had the production to back up the measurables.
Any idea what his advanced stats looked like in terms of pressures and hurries?

sometimes the college production is a reflection of facing a lot of run heavy offences but I cannot speak to whether that’s the case here.

I'd heard somewhere (NFL Network ?) that the NFL players that compares too is E. Ogbah

I'd heard somewhere (NFL Network ?) that the NFL players that compares too is E. Ogbah
Ogbah wasn’t that effective during his first 4 years in the league. The Dolphins are his third team in 5 years in the NFL. While Ogbah played extremely well in the first half of last season, his play tailed off of the second part of the season.

While he is a good player, I certainly wouldn‘t consider him a pro bowl caliber player. If Paye is viewed as a player similar to Ogbah, I wouldn’t consider that a player I would take in the first round. Perhaps he would be worth the risk with pick 50 but not at 18. I think Phillips is a much better DE and he is the only DE I think is worth being selected in the top 20 in the draft.

Ogbah wasn’t that effective during his first 4 years in the league. The Dolphins are his third team in 5 years in the NFL. While Ogbah played extremely well in the first half of last season, his play tailed off of the second part of the season.

While he is a good player, I certainly wouldn‘t consider him a pro bowl caliber player. If Paye is viewed as a player similar to Ogbah, I wouldn’t consider that a player I would take in the first round. Perhaps he would be worth the risk with pick 50 but not at 18. I think Phillips is a much better DE and he is the only DE I think is worth being selected in the top 20 in the draft.
Maybe it's a comparison in style/body type and not just overall projected projection?

Maybe it's a comparison in style/body type and not just overall projected projection?
I have no doubt it is about style and body type. Yet I still don’t view him as a top 20 pick. Obviously NFL teams might view him higher than I do and they have a lot more information than I do regarding Paye and every other player in the draft.

If they are going to take a DE at 18, I would rather it be Phillips or Rousseau but that is just my opinion and I am sure I will be happy with just about any player they take at 18, including Paye.

I have no doubt it is about style and body type. Yet I still don’t view him as a top 20 pick. Obviously NFL teams might view him higher than I do and they have a lot more information than I do regarding Paye and every other player in the draft.

If they are going to take a DE at 18, I would rather it be Phillips or Rousseau but that is just my opinion and I am sure I will be happy with just about any player they take at 18, including Paye.
Gotcha. I'd rather take whoever falls @ #36, but that's me!

Back
Top Bottom