Kyle Pitts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Pitts

I’m more impressed with Kyle Trask.

I root for the guy and he drops some dimes but he's gonna get crucified in the NFL with the way he floats passes in double and triple coverage on the regular.
Yeah he could easily have 2 pick6 today. He doesn’t look nearly as good with Pitts out.

Yeah he could easily have 2 pick6 today. He doesn’t look nearly as good with Pitts out.
Even with Pitts he made some ill advised ones. Its only gonna get harder in the NFL where defenders will execute those chances better and defenses are more confusing.

I think his throwing ability makes him a mid round pick, but in era where mid round qbs are drafted in the first and dumped after a short duration, what do I know.

That hit he took was vicious
It was. He did try to hit him legally in the midsection but Pitts lowered his head. To me that is just good football.

It was. He did try to hit him legally in the midsection but Pitts lowered his head. To me that is just good football.
Neither of those guys wanted the hit to go like that. I felt for the both of them. The loss of the helmet made it look just so devastating.

Awfully impressive so far today.

I would be very tempted to take him with the Fins pick over WR.

How's his blocking? I've heard a few people say he's basically a receiver (a very good one).

How's his blocking? I've heard a few people say he's basically a receiver (a very good one).

Not sure how much they ask him to block but he is a huge dude who I am sure can be coached up in that area.

The kid from Miami Brevin Jordan is much more of a beefed up WR than a true TE but he is a weapon who would help the Fins as well.

It will be interesting to see where Pitts is drafted in relation to the top 4-5 WR's.

I'm not letting him get past us, don't care if we have Gesicki, Pitts is going to be a true superstar in the NFL. That was an extremely cowardly intentional helmet to helmet on him by the Georgia guy, that had it's intended effect of taking Pitts out of the game. Thankfully the good guys still won, it probably would have been even easier had Pitts been on the field for the 2nd half. Could you imagine Tua throwing to this guy,, he's just not coverable at the College level even on double teams. That's why I would not let another team take him, I would use Houston's pick if I had to and then circle back to a WR like Waddle, Smith or Chase with our 2nd pick, got to believe at least one will be there, maybe not but I would prioritise Pitts because he is truly special.

On Trask, it's a weird one, everyone knows the story that he was a back up in High to the Miami QB (King ?), he was a back up in his first three years at the Gators who were the only team to offer him a scholarship. When he took over from Franks after he went down, and won the game, I think against Kentucky. Got the starting job for the rest of the season as Franks was out, I thought, he's ok but the team's weak link and never in a month of Sundays going to play at the NFL level, I fully expected Emory Jones to take over pretty quickly. But then he seemed to grow into it and Mullen worked his magic, by the end of last season, I thought the Kid was actually draftable maybe in the 6th or 7th round. This year though he's progressed again, you are looking at Heisman numbers with him and he's playing like someone who will get drafted in the early to mid rounds. It's incredible the progress he's made. I still think he's a little too unathletic for the modern game, but you can't deny his ability to stand in the pocket and deliver over and over again. I think he would be a good fit for a lot of teams, especially those with aging QBs who have a couple of years left and need someone to develop.

He's not asked to do a lot and nor should he, it's hard to judge him on it. He's basically a large slot with an unbelievable catch radius and extreme athletic ability. He's not too dissimilar to Gesicki, which will have a lot of fin fans saying we don't need him but honestly I think they will be talking about this kid on every highlight reel once he gets comfortable in the NFL, that's why I wouldn't let him go elsewhere.

With the way we play with Tua, imagine Pitts in Gesickis role and Gesicki in Shaheen's role?

With the way we play with Tua, imagine Pitts in Gesickis role and Gesicki in Shaheen's role?
When I imagine that I can't get past the fact that neither are good blockers. You might as well just run a 4 or 5 wr set. I think before I ran a set with Pitts and Gesicki on the field together I would just run Tua, a rb, Parker, Williams, Grant and Callaway together.

Back
Top Bottom