Kyle Pitts | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Pitts

The more you watch other guys the better pitts looks but you got to do something with gesicki. We won’t which is why I’d rather find something that counters what gesicki gives you.

friermuth does just that
Frieemuth is nowhere near the weapon Pitts is, nowhere near the mismatch. May as well stick with MG if you are going to take him in the 2nd.

There's literally zero chance the team will be moving Gesicki next year
So what kind of contract are you giving him ? Because it's either that or let him walk at the end of the season. He's shown zero chemistry with our starting QB and I wouldn't be at all shocked if he was one of those that were mouthing off at the end of the season, has he really shown us enough to want to commit to him ?

Look, if you guys are happy with MG and think Pitts doesn't offer the value in an upgrade, then fine, agree to disagree but Pitts is exactly what this league is all about mismatches. This kid has the potential to be a Kelce, Kittle or Waller, that to me is so hard to pass up on and it'll be doubly sickening if he becomes a Pat and we are having to expect the likes of Rowe to cover him.

Friermuth has the frame to play in line and develop there and not be a tell and has the short area quicks to win on flex and iso inside quickly making him a consistent chains mover

give it 2 years that kid will be doing real damage. He’s raw but he’s got the skill set and the body

and he don’t cost me a top 5 or even top 15 pick something I’m sure pitts will. Top 15 at least

Last edited:
The te room ain’t very good either at flex but admittedly it’s worse cause of our wr group

Id take pitts at 18 or in a trade down from 3 even but I’m dumping gesicki to pull that trigger

Gesicki has one more year on his contract, then I say bye.

im with you there that’s another top 50 pick that I’d be letting walk cause it can’t separate or run thru contact

like literally at all

so basically you buy yourself one more year with gesicki. Yep can see it and then you let him walk. Hope like heck we don’t sign him to some stupid contract extension either this offseason or during the season next year.

but I can also if the board breaks that way take his replacement in line and flexed this year not costing me a top 15 pick.

admittedly though the shaheen contract extension makes it unlikely. I don’t care that guy runs three yard hook routes vs zone and outflank in the flats stuff where he can run thru a little contact. He’s solid in line as a blocker yep I know it. It wouldn’t deter me

Not what the Dolphins need right now in top 2 rounds

I consider a flex tight that can’t separate or run thru any contact or block a paper bag in line to absolutely be a problem.

be it now or any other time

Personally, I'm trying to get something for him before he walks. If we can't get at least a 3rd for him, or some leverage to move up in the draft, then I'm letting him walk and taking the comp pick, which may be a third if we are lucky.

That’s why I say trade him now. But I agree with others that we won’t

maybe you get a top 75 pick for him I don’t know. I doubt you get your pick investment back

I consider a flex tight that can’t separate or run thru any contact or block a paper bag in line to absolutely be a problem.

be it now or any other time
I don’t disagree but I would consider 4 receivers that can’t run a single basic route or catch 50% of passes thrown at them more of a problem

You won’t get more than a hot dog and a coke for him.

I still wonder if the Fins have truly used Gesicki to the best of his abilities.

They need to scheme him into mismatches where he can take advantage of his catch radius and "athleticism" more.

Pitts and Gesicki would be our version of Gronk/Hernandez

they fit so well, can line up all over the field, and Tua is the kind of guy with RPO and roll outs that could thrive with 2 elite tight ends

imagine something like this

trade down from 3 to 8

8. Smith/Waddle/Chase

trade up to 12-13 - Pitts

trade up to end of R1 1 - Harris or ET

I think it’s important to take the RB in the 1st so we get an extra year on that contract

Back
Top Bottom