Kyle Pitts | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Pitts

Pitts and Gesicki would be our version of Gronk/Hernandez

they fit so well, can line up all over the field, and Tua is the kind of guy with RPO and roll outs that could thrive with 2 elite tight ends

imagine something like this

trade down from 3 to 8

8. Smith/Waddle/Chase

trade up to 12-13 - Pitts

trade up to end of R1 1 - Harris or ET

I think it’s important to take the RB in the 1st so we get an extra year on that contract
If i may ask....which one will turn out to be a murderer?

Lighten up Francis...just a joke during the off season..

silly me for thinking I could talk football for a second

Durham Smythe sounds like a serial killer
All jokes aside I like where your head is at. We keep hearing about the NE model and that two headed monster they had was lethal. I guess we see who our next OC will be and what his philosophies are.

Gesicki, Shaheen, Smythe and cutting Cox sounds primed to add an HB to me. I like the Miami and SMU kids.

The difference is that Gronk was and outstanding blocker at TE.

Neither Gesicki or Pitts would give you that.

Pitts is going to be like Waller with the Raiders. A big WR that we all call a TE.

I say Pitts and Najee are the best two players in the draft and it’s not close. Does the position value line up? I don’t care.
What would you give for Travis Kelce and Derek Henry?

The difference is that Gronk was and outstanding blocker at TE.

Neither Gesicki or Pitts would give you that.

Pitts is going to be like Waller with the Raiders. A big WR that we all call a TE.
Interesting remarks from Daniel Jeremiah, who has SF taking Pitts in his first mock, despite the fact that they already have an elite tight end.

The 49ers have embraced the position-less player movement.

Pitts is an ultimate mismatch.

Last edited:
Considering Tua's call it style, call it limitations, call it whatever, it would seem that an awesome double TE combination would make the most of what he does bring to the table.

I love the idea of Pitts.....

I expect Pitts to be able to make plays all over the field, much like Waller in Vegas who I keep comparing him to.

I don't think you just use him in the middle of the field like a typical TE.

If i have him I would spend all my time hunting mismatches for him, but he is going to be able to beat CB's like we see Waller doing and Kelce and Kittle as well.

And he may well improve as a blocker with some coaching.

Our biggest need is play makers on offense. I do whatever is needed to trade up from 18 to grab Pitts! Adding Smith and Pitts is an incredible start to making our offense scary.

I think Pitts is the most underrated best pick we could have in the first round . TE as a positions translates pretty well to the Pro’s . I also believe many of the reasons good TE’s do fail is related to offensive scheming, QB preference and ability to add a usable amount of blocking to their game.

I think there are 3 huge factors in this realization

1. Given Tua’s strengths in the RPO/bootleg, underneath routes to someone with Pitts abilities to create separation would be a god send for progression and production for Tua .

2. Kyle Pitts has the most freakish athletic ability potentially ever seen by a TE, his body control, ability to make catches with his hands and win one on one matchups with anyone is unmatched by any TE prospect that I can think of. This may allow Tua to open up the deep throws , we all know he is capable.

3. If we nab our star WR, Kyle Pitts would completely stretch the field , occupy safeties and open up one on one match ups for a guy like chase/smith to be able to work or vice versa ( pick your poison) . Also think more deep throws here

I think it is very reasonable to use a 2022 2nd round pick to move up to grab Pitts after selecting chase/smith or potentially trading back and using that ammo to grab say a smith/chase, Pitts, Humphries .

As for RB , i think you take Williams in the 2nd and never look back .

I think Pitts is the most underrated best pick we could have in the first round . TE as a positions translates pretty well to the Pro’s . I also believe many of the reasons good TE’s do fail is related to offensive scheming, QB preference and ability to add a usable amount of blocking to their game.

I think there are 3 huge factors in this realization

1. Given Tua’s strengths in the RPO/bootleg, underneath routes to someone with Pitts abilities to create separation would be a god send for progression and production for Tua .

2. Kyle Pitts has the most freakish athletic ability potentially ever seen by a TE, his body control, ability to make catches with his hands and win one on one matchups with anyone is unmatched by any TE prospect that I can think of. This may allow Tua to open up the deep throws , we all know he is capable.

3. If we nab our star WR, Kyle Pitts would completely stretch the field , occupy safeties and open up one on one match ups for a guy like chase/smith to be able to work or vice versa ( pick your poison) . Also think more deep throws here

I think it is very reasonable to use a 2022 2nd round pick to move up to grab Pitts after selecting chase/smith or potentially trading back and using that ammo to grab say a smith/chase, Pitts, Humphries .

As for RB , i think you take Williams in the 2nd and never look back .
A great te is definitely a offense’s best friend

Back
Top Bottom