Kyle Van Noy: We are our own team, not the New England Patriots | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Van Noy: We are our own team, not the New England Patriots

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Linebacker Kyle Van Noy became one of four ex-Patriots to join the Dolphins this offseason. He makes it clear, though, that the Dolphins plan to establish their own identity.

“I don’t now how many New England guys there are, but we’re going to get away from that,” Van Noy told Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald. “We’re our own team; this is not the New England Patriots. This is the Miami Dolphins. It’s totally different, and I’m excited for that. New beginnings.

Van Noy certainly has every right to try and create some separation between the cultures and identities of the Patriots and Dolphins. He’s saying all the right things, and there’s a good chance that he speaks for what most Miami players, coaches, and fans are thinking as well.

The problem, however, is that facts are facts: the Dolphins are heavily influenced by the Patriots in 2020. There’s way no way around that truth.

That’s not to say that Flores is trying to create a carbon copy of Belichick’s “Patriot Way” down in South Beach.

I think Brian brought in these coaches and players that he knew what there qualities were and they could get Miami to a better place quicker together. The players will help accelerate the process and learning curve on the field.

Last edited:
Defense is going to be tight - I can sense it….

Van Noy is nasty, great pick up.
I think so too. Ogbah, Lawson, Jones, and the rookies look promising as far as what we added. I hope Wilkins steps up some more this season, we know what Godchaux brings.

Strowbridge is an intersting prospect to me, tested an elite RAS score, perfect size as far as what Flo seems to like in a DE. Curious if Weaver can do what he did in college at the NFL level.

Kyle Van Noy: We are our own team, not the New England Patriots

Nice to hear. To all you "The Patriots Way" fans you can save it or Join the Pats forum :up:

Last edited:

Van Noy certainly has every right to try and create some separation between the cultures and identities of the Patriots and Dolphins. He’s saying all the right things, and there’s a good chance that he speaks for what most Miami players, coaches, and fans are thinking as well.

The problem, however, is that facts are facts: the Dolphins are heavily influenced by the Patriots in 2020. There’s way no way around that truth.

That’s not to say that Flores is trying to create a carbon copy of Belichick’s “Patriot Way” down in South Beach.

I think Brian brought in these coaches and players that he knew what there qualities were and they could get Miami to a better place quicker together. The players will help accelerate the process and learning curve on the field.

If part of the Pat Way is position discipline, copy the Pat Way

You should go to Yahoo where this story popped up and go to the comments section. It's like their fans came from all around to slam Van Noy. Stuff like:
- Glad we got rid of him when we did
- Guy's overrated and Bill knew it
- Bill made steak out of hamburger with KVN, glad he's gone now

And left the usual comments about us:
- Yeah, you're definitely Miami and not us. Not by a long shot
- Let's see how you do on a five win team over a 12 win team
- He'll complain his way out of there once he gets played out of position

Just wish I hadn't gone all the way down to the comments. Don't know why I can't control that better as I should know what I'm in for every time.

You should go to Yahoo where this story popped up and go to the comments section. It's like their fans came from all around to slam Van Noy. Stuff like:
- Glad we got rid of him when we did
- Guy's overrated and Bill knew it
- Bill made steak out of hamburger with KVN, glad he's gone now

And left the usual comments about us:
- Yeah, you're definitely Miami and not us. Not by a long shot
- Let's see how you do on a five win team over a 12 win team
- He'll complain his way out of there once he gets played out of position

Just wish I hadn't gone all the way down to the comments. Don't know why I can't control that better as I should know what I'm in for every time.
Brother, haters are going to hate. Have a great day.

Let's get through Preseason healthy first.

Then we will understand better what this 2020 Dolphins Defense may have the ability to become.

August cant get here soon enough.

I don’t expect him having a all-pro career in here but if he can bring some energy and positive influence to young players as an experienced player, I couldn’t be happier than that.
This organization need to change the entire culture from top to bottom and has to adapt winner mentality. I really hope this guy can bring some of it.

Back
Top Bottom