Kyle Van Noy: We are our own team, not the New England Patriots | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Van Noy: We are our own team, not the New England Patriots

You should go to Yahoo where this story popped up and go to the comments section. It's like their fans came from all around to slam Van Noy. Stuff like:
- Glad we got rid of him when we did
- Guy's overrated and Bill knew it
- Bill made steak out of hamburger with KVN, glad he's gone now

And left the usual comments about us:
- Yeah, you're definitely Miami and not us. Not by a long shot
- Let's see how you do on a five win team over a 12 win team
- He'll complain his way out of there once he gets played out of position

Just wish I hadn't gone all the way down to the comments. Don't know why I can't control that better as I should know what I'm in for every time.

From the Pats forum 2019
"
We have the best secondary AND the best linebacker core in the league."
" KVN's acquisition ranks right up there with BB's best deals. "
"It's a real pleasure to see KVN step (up) and be so successful. "
"I hope we don’t lose him after this year "
"I hope as well that he sticks around. Great dude "

Great player . . . until he's not

From the Pats forum 2019
"
We have the best secondary AND the best linebacker core in the league."
" KVN's acquisition ranks right up there with BB's best deals. "
"It's a real pleasure to see KVN step (up) and be so successful. "
"I hope we don’t lose him after this year "
"I hope as well that he sticks around. Great dude "

Great player . . . until he's not
Patriots fans always downplay someone when they sign else where. Some of that is warranted because they’re a better fit in the pats defensive scheme, than others. The key thing here is KVN is coming to a defense that operates just like the one he left. Thanks for digging those comments up though, typical pats fans.

Belichick makes players better because he knows how to use them. Van Noy struggled as a typical edge rusher because he is not great once he's engaged with a blocker.

The Patriots used him by having him wait for the play to develop and finding a hole to rush through. His IQ allows him to read the play very well. Flores knows this about him. He is also good all around as a run stopper and pass defender.

You hear Byron Jones name a lot more, but I think Van Noy is going to be a fan favorite.

Last edited:
Despite the record last year, this team has "it" ...and I have been watching them since 70.
I wasnt sure about Flores, but he has impressed me thus far.
Coaches and organizations set the players up to win championships.
Ross needs to pay the man soon and keep him in Miami for 10+ years.

Despite the record last year, this team has "it" ...and I have been watching them since 70.

:ffic:

You should go to Yahoo where this story popped up and go to the comments section. It's like their fans came from all around to slam Van Noy. Stuff like:
- Glad we got rid of him when we did
- Guy's overrated and Bill knew it
- Bill made steak out of hamburger with KVN, glad he's gone now

And left the usual comments about us:
- Yeah, you're definitely Miami and not us. Not by a long shot
- Let's see how you do on a five win team over a 12 win team
- He'll complain his way out of there once he gets played out of position

Just wish I hadn't gone all the way down to the comments. Don't know why I can't control that better as I should know what I'm in for every time.

sounds like dolphins fans talking about Ryan Tannehill last off season.

Not sure about "this team has "it"". we did get our asses handed to us by the Giants and we lucked into a win vs Cincinnati.

I think Flores made a shinny turd last year but we need to see him turn a 8-10 win team into a 12-14 win team that can win a championship. what he did was good but not impressive yet.

Not sure about "this team has "it"". we did get our asses handed to us by the Giants and we lucked into a win vs Cincinnati.

I think Flores made a shinny turd last year but we need to see him turn a 8-10 win team into a 12-14 win team that can win a championship. what he did was good but not impressive yet.

Who gets credit for building that 8-10 win team?

I am firmly of the belief that Miami's D is going to cause problems for Josh Allen this year, and Van Noy moving to different positions will be a big part of that.

We did not luck into a win vs. Cincinnati.

The Giants statement, however, is completely correct.

I think so too. Ogbah, Lawson, Jones, and the rookies look promising as far as what we added. I hope Wilkins steps up some more this season, we know what Godchaux brings.

Strowbridge is an intersting prospect to me, tested an elite RAS score, perfect size as far as what Flo seems to like in a DE. Curious if Weaver can do what he did in college at the NFL level.
Weaver's film was stunning. Watching it was exhilarating. If he can be that guy at the next level then he's the steal of the draft. While his metrics dont seem that impressive in some ways (short arms, for instance) he seems to possess a 'knack' for getting past blockers. Some guys just have that 'it factor' about them and this guy has something beyond his 'numbers'.

I don’t expect him having a all-pro career in here but if he can bring some energy and positive influence to young players as an experienced player, I couldn’t be happier than that.
This organization need to change the entire culture from top to bottom and has to adapt winner mentality. I really hope this guy can bring some of it.
I felt like the last 5 weeks of the year were drenched in 'winner mentality'. We fought so hard every game in the 2nd half of the season. Yeah, Fitzpatrick was a big part of that, but you saw a fire and a grit from our guys to overcome adversity.

I felt like the last 5 weeks of the year were drenched in 'winner mentality'. We fought so hard every game in the 2nd half of the season. Yeah, Fitzpatrick was a big part of that, but you saw a fire and a grit from our guys to overcome adversity.

A little OT, but in every loss NE suffered last year, they trailed at H. Almost like the D didn't know how (couldn't?) play from behind. If that were a QB instead of a D, people would be saying 'can't step up in big moments.' That D lost some good talent, KVN being one. I hope he, Jones, and others can add the right talent to that "winner's mentality/"

Weaver's film was stunning. Watching it was exhilarating. If he can be that guy at the next level then he's the steal of the draft. While his metrics dont seem that impressive in some ways (short arms, for instance) he seems to possess a 'knack' for getting past blockers. Some guys just have that 'it factor' about them and this guy has something beyond his 'numbers'.
I agree. Measurables are important, but they aren't everything.

A couple tenths in shorts, or an inch in vertical doesn't mean anything if a guy is a split second slow diagnosing and reacting.

I hope you're right about the guy. We could use a break now and then.

Back
Top Bottom