Kyler Murray 1” = 12 Spots | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyler Murray 1” = 12 Spots

TrinidadDolfan

1st Team All-Pro
Reaction score
Dolphin fans turn on a dime, again.

Last year the forum debate was Mayfield. So many here saying “no” and “short”, “too many red flags”, a “jerk”, etc. And when it’s clear he’s going near the top, out of reach, everyone suddenly loves him.

This year it’s Kyler Murray. So many here not wanting to take him at a projected 13, calling it a “huge risk”, a “flyer” etc.

Now that it’s clear he’s going in the top 3, high chance #1, the tide on the forum has changed in sentiment. Most of those naysayers now loving him as a prospect. Why? Because someone else loves him. And please don’t tell me that “one inch” caused a movement up of 12 spots.

Moral of the story, don’t fixate on the opinion of others. Watch the tape, do your own research. And don’t watch a gift horse in the mouth.

Kyler is a stud, and he didn’t become one only after standing alongside a measuring tape

I mean lets be realistic, 95% of the posters are not gonna watch more than a glorified highlight reel of most of these draft picks.

It is very natural for them to mark their territory based on what experts have stated and universal strengths and weaknesses.

And yea his lack of size is still definitely a concern . . . .as well as his passion for the game.

In the case of Miami, the concern needs to be the inability to identifiy a QB since Tannehill went down in 2016. Doing it again for a third draft is borderline wreckless although the new staff/FO makes it not completely wreckless.

Seems very similar to last year and Mayfield.... closer to the draft the warmer the pot got and then draft day it boiled over. Think the same here. People see the talent and just doing the usual 2 months before the Draft Dance as we are starting to see also with the Cards....

Last year the forum debate was Mayfield. So many here saying “no” and “short”, “too many red flags”, a “jerk”, etc. And when it’s clear he’s going near the top, out of reach, everyone suddenly loves him.

This year it’s Kyler Murray. So many here not wanting to take him at a projected 13, calling it a “huge risk”, a “flyer” etc.

Now that it’s clear he’s going in the top 3, high chance #1, the tide on the forum has changed in sentiment. Most of those naysayers now loving him as a prospect. Why? Because someone else loves him. And please don’t tell me that “one inch” caused a movement up of 12 spots.

Moral of the story, don’t fixate on the opinion of others. Watch the tape, do your own research. And don’t watch a gift horse in the mouth.

Kyler is a stud, and he didn’t become one only after standing alongside a measuring tape

Reality is the people speaking out against Mayfield last year just went silent once it became obvious he was going high. And the people speaking out against Kyler Murray will go silent as well. Just as the ones speaking out against Cam Newton did once it became obvious he was no longer a concern for the Dolphins at 15 overall. And just like the people speaking out against Phil Rivers went silent once it became obvious Miami at #20 overall were way too low to have a shot at him.

It's not that these people change their minds. Sadly, they don't even seem to change it when/if a guy goes on to have Hall of Fame level production.

It's over with. don't waste your energy thinking Kyler Murray is in the mix. He never was.

Kliff Kingsbury telling people it’s a “done deal” the Cardinals will select Kyler Murray with the first pick of the draft.

http://draftanalyst.com/combine-notes-sunday …

He won't be available at 13. If Miami wants him they will have to trade up

When you look at what these QB's can do, Murray stands out like a sore thumb. He has his drawbacks, but if a team builds a system around him, he is by far the best QB in this draft. Whatever team takes him needs to be committed to that system though, and that means getting a backup QB who is also ideally suited to that system. Think of Murray less as a string puller and more as a live grenade--he can go wherever the defense has holes. He can throw well, is accurate, and is a terror in the open field as a runner. This means coverage-heavy schemes will be open to gash run plays and gash QB scramble run plays. LB heavy schemes will be vulnerable to the passing game. Murray can be a real mismatch if given the platform to do so. This is why I never doubted he was going top 10, and always saw him as a fit for Kliff Kingsbury's system in Arizona.

Murray is going #1 overall. So now we’re tank mode, IMO.

I think the knock on Murray wasn’t that he was projected at thirteen, it was that he was projected to be 5’9. His height was a very real concern. He’s somebody you have to extensively construct, draft and fill positions on offense for. You have to be all in. Won’t even be easy to find a backup that came come in and drive the bus with the same skill set. Maybe Tyrod or somebody like that? But he both gives you so much potential for success and failure it is tempting to go with the excitement and ticket selling he brings. I personally pass. I am not buying that he’s a big deal at the next level. Give me prototypical height, accuracy, quick release and some cajones.

It's going to be fun watching Murray in the NFL, I hope he holds up.

My nickname watching Kyler Murray in his highlight video's is mighty mouse.

I mean any QB under 6’0” deserves to have concern. One Russell Wilson really making something out of himself should not change that.

Problem is people wanted to make it the primary concern and overlook what a blurrrr playmaker he is. Most of those people never took the time to really watch him play outside of highlight reels or maybe the Bama game.

Kid is absolutely worth the gamble. Yea the floor will be lower than guys like Trubisky, Marriota, Rosen and Winston . . . .but the ceiling outclimbs all of them by a good amount.

If we are talking evaluations that actually matter, we should be talking about Josh Rosen at this point.

Quite a few teams with aging franchise QBs, would love to have their next guy on the roster.

If we are talking evaluations that actually matter, we should be talking about Josh Rosen at this point.

Quite a few teams with aging franchise QBs, would love to have their next guy on the roster.

I agree and I believe Miami should be interested.

Best option on the table that likely will be available.

The whole premise of this post is hilarious. You're basically calling people out for liking a prospect because people who are paid to make that decision are now saying he's a good bet.

You realize how foolish that sounds, right? In every aspect of your life, you listen to "professional" opinions to make decisions - you even probably live a life based off how you're told to live - everyone aspires to buy a house, have kids, get a dog, etc...

But all of the sudden, people shouldn't listen to other opinions? And you were banging the table for this kid to go top 3 before it became apparent?

I'm not even sure what you're trying to accomplish other than patting yourself on the back a little bit. Congratulations.

Back
Top Bottom