Kyler Murray Declares For Nfl | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyler Murray Declares For Nfl

Damn shame. One dropped Charles Clay pass & the Miami Miracle prevented us from picking #5 overall. Hooray for meaningless victories.

Well, at least we'll have a legit shot at Tua, Fromm or Herbert next year, either by sucking or by trade. They can't afford to go beyond 2020 without a QB, especially with a very good draft class coming up.

I wasn't really for drafting a QB in round one of this year because none of the prospects really intrigued me. I feel Murray changes that and his the only one I would consider. I really do hope these teams are enamored with Lock and Haskins as being reported so maybe Murray slides on down to 13.

Hell, we've tried the stand in the pocket and do exactly what the coach tells you to do type QB, maybe try something different this time around.

If I'm Miami, I get Murray - hopefully without trading up, but I get Murray - and devote the rest of the draft to IOL with the exception of looking for a falling WR early Day 3. Never thought I'd say it, but D can wait.

Of course, the right players have to be there. Don't draft shitty OL for the sake of it, but that'd be my general plan.

Posed question earlier to CK - to gauge degree of interest- do you move up for Murray?
I think from 13, my strategy would be see if he gets beyond 5.
I’m certainly willing to give up a RD3 pick to move up. I’m not sure there will be takers. Given the number of holes on DL and OL and fact that we will likely be mediocre next season, I can’t give up future RD1.

If I'm Miami, I get Murray - hopefully without trading up, but I get Murray - and devote the rest of the draft to IOL with the exception of looking for a falling WR early Day 3. Never thought I'd say it, but D can wait.

Of course, the right players have to be there. Don't draft ****ty OL for the sake of it, but that'd be my general plan.

Gotta agree. You take the risk.

If he is great, we win!

If he sucks, we draft Lawrence in 2 years.

If he is gone, I hope we dont touch QB till round 4.

Let the draft drama begin! There will be so much talk about Murray going to Arizona, to Kingsbury, up until the draft night.

You can't make this stuff up -- that Kingsbury said that in Oct about Murray, that he would take him #1, and now he has the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft as the HC of Arizona.

This happens with QBs all the time. Around this time, they're projected to be in the first round. Then when the combine starts, maybe he lasts until 13 but likely top 10. On draft day when reality hits? He'll likely go top 5. Gotta trade up to get him, and I'm fine with it. No way he drops to 13 with so many QB hungry teams in front of us. Not to mention teams behind us who will probably try to trade up as well.

Back
Top Bottom