Kyler Murray Declares For Nfl | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyler Murray Declares For Nfl

Not at all.
RT17 is gone.
Haskins will be too expensive to move for.
I’m building lines and QB 2020.
I’m not sure what his 1st love is. It does seem there is chance that money will be greatest motivation.

So how are you going to get your QB in 2020 ? The only QB that is close to Murray in 2020 is Tua and to get him you have to absolutely be in full mode tank, because the Raiders for example already have 2 firsts on top of the 3 already in 2019 (they may well flip for another 2020 1st). But you've just upgraded your lines in your scenario, we are a 7 win team right now with an upgraded lines and a new head coach eager not be another 1st season causality like the coach of this year's #1 pick is. People seem to think it's this simple, just fix the line first, it's completely pointless if you do because you've given whatever average QB you have a much easier task to get you out of the #1 pick and therefore not be able to draft the elite QB you need, Fromm and Herbert are by no means can't misses and I fear both will be lucky if they end up with Tannehill type careers. No pro coach or player will intentionally tank, even under this plan of Ross to build long term.

We will have a top 3 pick in 2020.
Tua. Fromm. Herbert. We see.

No we won't if we've upgraded our lines, we've had average at best QB play this year and still finished with 7 wins with obviously "poor" lines in your view (I'm not sure how that works). Fact is the lines are not the main priority, the main priority is finding an elite QB or at least a QB who is capable of getting us to a position of relevance. Murray is capable of doing that, crazy not to make a play for it in order to improve your 7 win team with the view to get a top 3 pick in 2020, You will be very disappointed with Fromm if he ends up here, Herbert has more of a chance but is a million miles from Murray right now, perhaps he develops, if he does he'll probably be out of our range.

I’m not totally against Murray at 13.
My concerns are his durability and this baseball option as a backup plan.
They aren’t unfounded. They are real.

I do believe we can manipulate our season to get to 4-12. I’m not sure that’s the direction but- very simple. Don’t resign Wake. Cut Quinn. Start Fales.
As far as Fromm etc. We are a long ways away. There might be another QB that develops between now and then. Hard to say.

I’m sorry but if they actually tear it down and rebuild I don’t see them winning more than a few games next year. They’re not close and haven’t been close to a Super Bowl contender in almost 25 years. Don’t think they can get to Haskins. Don’t care for Lock or Jones and I love Murray but am afraid his frame won’t withstand the physicality of NFL defenses.

I’m sorry but if they actually tear it down and rebuild I don’t see them winning more than a few games next year. They’re not close and haven’t been close to a Super Bowl contender in almost 25 years. Don’t think they can get to Haskins. Don’t care for Lock or Jones and I love Murray but am afraid his frame won’t withstand the physicality of NFL defenses.

You can be afraid, but if you don't take a chance you won't win anything. If you've not watched a lot of him, you can focus way too much on his frame without understanding how he plays to minimize the size issue. He's a game changer, as exciting a player in the college game as you could have seen, he's a big play guy who can kill you with his arm and his legs. If you sit back and say oh yes but he's not this or that, then you end up with a guy like Ryan Tannehill and you pass on the likes of Brees, Wilson, Mahomes and Watson. No pick is 100% certain but if you don't make it you are never gonna strike gold.

Because of his 2 sport skills, and how good of a quick twitch athlete he is, if he really measures in just under 5'10 we need to do whatever we can to get in front of the Giants.

The Jets are obviously not an option. I think our best bet would be San Fran at 2.

i think a team like the Cardinals or Raiders would be interested in trading for a combo of picks and players.

I'd give the Cardinals something like

13, our 3rd, next years 1st, next years 3rd, Parker

To me he doesn't fit Coughlin's style so the only team I am worried about is the Giants. Hopefully they favor Haskins.

Do what it takes. Remember even if we have to give up next years 1st, if it blows up in our face and Murray is not the answer then we will be in perfect position to grab Lawrence in 2021 or 2022.

Because of his 2 sport skills, and how good of a quick twitch athlete he is, if he really measures in just under 5'10 we need to do whatever we can to get in front of the Giants.

The Jets are obviously not an option. I think our best bet would be San Fran at 2.

i think a team like the Cardinals or Raiders would be interested in trading for a combo of picks and players.

I'd give the Cardinals something like

13, our 3rd, next years 1st, next years 3rd, Parker

To me he doesn't fit Coughlin's style so the only team I am worried about is the Giants. Hopefully they favor Haskins.

Do what it takes. Remember even if we have to give up next years 1st, if it blows up in our face and Murray is not the answer then we will be in perfect position to grab Lawrence in 2021 or 2022.

No way they would trade those picks to move up to #1 to take Murray then pay him that much only to turn around and pay Lawrence #1 pick money two years later. Even if Murray fell flat on his face, they couldn't afford to tie up that much cap on two QBs taken with the first pick in the draft two years apart.

I like Murray but give me the best available DT or edge guy this year and take their chances with the QBs in 2020. If they want to trade up, that's a far better time to do it, in my opinion, and maybe they won't even have to.

Right now no need to move up for Murray. Many draft pundits have him slipping into the second round because of his non committal to play football. Until he turns off baseball permanently he is hurting his stock.

Back
Top Bottom