Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies

I love Kyler Murray, he’s a gamer I don’t care about his height or frame like a brunt of people, the kid can play football damn well. I just hope he’s not using the NFL and teasing teams just to get a bigger payday from the Oakland As. I’d be more comfortable if he flat out said I want to play football, period. No ifs ands or buts. I understand this is his future and he only wants what’s in his best interest careerwise, but this stringing along not letting anyone know what he’s going to choose scares the hell out of me.

Also looks like Grier aand Haskins both have a higher EPA then Mahomes did. I love Haskins too but Grier? Meh

Also looks like Grier aand Haskins both have a higher EPA then Mahomes did. I love Haskins too but Grier? Meh

EPA isn't just a QB stat, and it's just one stat. Stats, of course, can be misleading. Goff had a higher EPA in 2018 than many QB's who are much better than him (for example). Grier has one of the top offensive minds in the game calling plays for him.

“Kyler is the best player I’ve ever played against hands down,” Omenihu said. “He can run it, but people don’t realize that he’s just as good at throwing the thing. Baker [Mayfield] was great, but I think Kyler is better.''

''He's the best qb I've ever faced, the fastest, I was winded out there''

Quinnen Williams

I would like to say I fully understand the concerns about this prospects height and reach issues, and the fact that he is an outlier, I feel that his feel for the game, his arm talent, his supreme playmaking ability is enough to overcome the height and reach issues, the instances where he may get greedy with his legs and take off to gain copious amounts of free yardage I'm ok with because thats how he beats you, its all part of him as a threat.

I feel like once good NFL coaches get a hold of this type of skillset they can evolve where the game is going and create a scheme that will allow this player not to change at all, but to have him implement the discipline component to it..Kind of lIke what Reid did with Mahomes.

I think we have to be kidding ourselves if we don’t think the game and the athletes playing it are changing, they are becoming multiple threats pretty much across the board, so unless you are identifying the next Tom Brady, Marino, Brees, Manning, who can beat you with superior pocket play and intellect, I don't see why you can't build around a multiple threat skill set. (Pocket arm talent, Swift movement to reset platform and throw, Scrambling and throwing on the run, Running off script, running on script)

I think that if some folks just don’t think he processes info fast enough, or the height/reach and stature issues are going to inhibit this player, or even make him unsuccessful, I’m just not convinced that’s an accurate depiction of his overall game and how this skillset wins. Based strictly on the film, you simply just don’t see the concerns I’m hearing come into play when it comes to playing the position at a high level, and most importantly those concerns are not keeping him from being highly productive on offense and into the end zone on a consistent basis..

There is definitely a fine line when its comes to evaluating a player, you must be able to project the progression of a player even though you may see the weakness of a player..

For example, a lot of folks were not Saquon Barkley fans, and that wasn't necessarily because they didn't think he was talented, they just got wrapped up into some habits that he did on the field, they couldn't see past that, couldn't see how he was gonna shake those things, and how he had it in him the whole time to evolve from those very things, so they lept from placing the proper stock value on the player.

When it comes to Kyler, you will see early in each game he's a little off the mark accuracy wise, until he makes a couple runs and feels the tempo and speed of the game.You will notice as the game progresses and for that matter the season progresses, this first year starter gets better and better.

There is no denying that his height affects some of his throws, I repeat, some, as in, not the majority, but like Barkley, who was labeled 'he couldn't run up the middle', ''couldn't drive the pile'' are you willing to NOT see past the overall talent and how that overall talent will evolve into the right projection to the pros and the impact that overall talent will have against defenses.?

If were just talking about playing ball, a 100 percent committed, young first year player, are you willing to bet against him?

Im not, because just when I watch his games, and watch how he improved as the season goes on, he figures you out and exposes your defense in the process..I can deal with a few high throws..

Last edited:
Man there’s going to be some heartbroken Dolphin fans come draft day. I’m going to just enjoy the fact that a great defender should be on the board at 13.

Unfortunately that's true.

Unless the Dolphins trade up for him, or unless Kyler manipulates the process like Elway did, then Miami are probably picking too low.

Back
Top Bottom