Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies

I'm not stuck on "the" QB. Grier does not have to draft a certain guy. To that end, sucking for a certain QB is stupid. We don't need "that" guy.
What they must do is fill the QB room with good quarterbacks. They need to "know" who the good QBs are. Good quarterbacks give you a chance to compete, for the championship, and that's what it's all about. That's what we need and that is all we need, and it's not just Murray who offers that. All we need is "a" QB, or a group of quarterbacks who are good, and not necessarily "the" QB.

The problem is they are winging it, and wandering through maze of quarterbacks and do not know who the good quarterbacks are. Jared Stidham is just as good as that guy, and that guy is just as good as this guy, and this guy just needs to develop, and it's about development, to them. It's a disaster. And that's how the league ends up with bad teams, and we are one of those. And this sucking business falls into that category of business, of not knowing who is good, and not knowing what they are doing.

When you don't know, like Chris Grier, then you need to move up to the top of the draft and get the surest thing you can get, because you don't know anything else. That's the only way you can compete.

Last edited:
No but that’s realistically what you’ll get at 13 because Murray isn’t going to be there.

No, he's not going to be there and likely he won't be anywhere close to there. Fear and conventional wisdom can't overcome points. That 11.6 YPA is so freakish it had to correlate to huge numbers in other passing categories.

I love defense but that elite defender only impacts a handful of plays per game. I think of that every time someone like T.J. Watt bats down a pass. That's great, and the announcers rave. But I'm thinking T.J, on the next play you'll likely be nullified into normal semi-irrelevancy. And that's what happens if you watch a player like that time and again.

But that elite quarterback has the ball in his hands the next play, and it is hardly favoritism that he'll have the pass batted down again, or that anything will unfold in which his physical makeup will be a disqualifier. The fans who tout defense above Kyler Murray mean well, but they simply have a messed up perspective in terms of scoreboard impact.

I've had nine QB1's in the last 15 drafts that I'd have comfortably taken at a #1 overall pick if I needed a quarterback. Kyler Murray will be my tenth.

I've had nine QB1's in the last 15 drafts that I'd have comfortably taken at a #1 overall pick if I needed a quarterback. Kyler Murray will be my tenth.

I’m actually going to worry about your mental well being on draft night. But yeah I agree and why not not give up whatever it takes to get the #1 pick? Although I’d love to keep that first rounder in 2020.

I’m actually going to worry about your mental well being on draft night. But yeah I agree and why not not give up whatever it takes to get the #1 pick? Although I’d love to keep that first rounder in 2020.

I'd do my damnedest to protect that pick only because the team intends to be bad in 2019 and so you'd have to head into it thinking this will be a very high, very valuable pick.

I'd do my damnedest to protect that pick only because the team intends to be bad in 2019 and so you'd have to head into it thinking this will be a very high, very valuable pick.

Important point as it relates to our FA period strategy. I think we all are anticipating a relatively quiet FA. Maybe couple low risk potential signings but I don’t expect signing - for ex. the KC or Denver Center.
Will come down to cost ultimately.
Best case for MIAMI - MURRAY:
Top 3 picks are happy with their QBs and fall in love with the Def Studs (Bosa Williams Allen)and hold.
Jags and Giants - more traditional teams- go with big bodied QBs - Lock & Haskins.
We make a move to Lions spot at #8.
13 to 8 is a reasonable jump.

Supposedly the Giants think that Murray is too small and they are a team that has a GM that has an... outdated way of thinking.

Jags? I think they're all in on Foles. Denver seems all in on Lock

ive been watching tv and if hes 5' 10, J Grant is 6'3. the guy is super small.

giphy.gif

So...Grant...now a #1 WR deep threat with size and speed?

Height: 5101
Weight: 207 lbs
Hand: 9.5 inches
Arm: 28.5 inches
Wingspan: 5 foot, 9.5 inches

He's half an inch shorter than Russell Wilson and 3 lbs heavier than Russell was at the Combine.

I'm still taking bets on Tua measuring under 6'0". There is a minimum bet however....

That's going to be tough for me to take because Murray just measured half an inch more than many people said he would. The entire reason I proposed that bet was because, based on pictures of them together, I will be damned if Tua is 2.5 inches taller than Kyler Murray.

Now 2.5 inches taller than Kyler Murray would mean 6005!

I do still think there's a chance Tua is 5117 though. But it can't be my chalk favorite anymore. Not with Kyler Murray turning out to be 5101 instead of 5096, which is what the Sports Xchange database had, which is what I was going off at the time.

That's going to be tough for me to take because Murray just measured half an inch more than many people said he would. The entire reason I proposed that bet was because, based on pictures of them together, I will be damned if Tua is 2.5 inches taller than Kyler Murray.

Now 2.5 inches taller than Kyler Murray would mean 6005!

I do still think there's a chance Tua is 5117 though. But it can't be my chalk favorite anymore. Not with Kyler Murray turning out to be 5101 instead of 5096, which is what the Sports Xchange database had, which is what I was going off at the time.

Tua's 6'3", 240 in that picture

Height: 5101
Weight: 207 lbs
Hand: 9.5 inches
Arm: 28.5 inches
Wingspan: 5 foot, 9.5 inches

He's half an inch shorter than Russell Wilson and 3 lbs heavier than Russell was at the Combine.

Where are all the 5'8 and 5'9 people at when crow is ready to be eaten? The hate clouded some judgement...

Back
Top Bottom