Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies

Brees is 6' and 210lbs
Mayfield is 6'1" 215lbs
Murray is 5'9"/5'10" 195lbs

I can see a lot of passes being blocked on an NFL level.
Womp that's not a good enough excuse bro. Tannehill is 6'4 and I swear I've seen games where his passes have been batted down atleast 3 times a game...dont come back saying it was the o line either. Because same could be said for smaller QBs. I hate these kinds of debates because no one really knows but they talk like they do.

Did Alabama swat his passes down to the point where he didn't dominate the second half?

Russell Wilson is 5'11...either 2 inches taller than Murray, or the same height. How many times has JJ Watt (The Big Baddie) swat his pass down?

I just watched two of Andrew Luck's passes get swatted down...is he too short?

College and the NFL are different. You can't make that comparison. If you could, all players skill sets and sizes would transfer over. But they don't.

And, yes, there's a big difference between 5'11" and 5'9" -- especially when it's already on the far low end of the spectrum. In terms of historical success, there's even a big difference between 5'11 and 6'1 too.

Russell Wilson is an outlier. And he has an over-the-top throwing motion that places his release point (typically) similar to that of a taller QB. There's a reason why there aren't more like him. Even if Murray developed the same motion as Wilson, he's still giving up a few inches on his release (I'm sure Wilson has a larger wingspan too).

Again, I'm not saying this completely excludes Murray. But it does lend support that the odds aren't great. Which is why Russell Wilson wasn't drafted with a 1st round pick either. I'd be ok with taking a chance on Murray, but not with a 1st round selection. The risk is too great IMO. But I say that full well knowing that Murray will likely go in the 1st -- to somebody.

Last edited:
Womp that's not a good enough excuse bro. Tannehill is 6'4 and I swear I've seen games where his passes have been batted down atleast 3 times a game...dont come back saying it was the o line either. Because same could be said for smaller QBs. I hate these kinds of debates because no one really knows but they talk like they do.

thats not really the best argument. if tanny is 6' 4 and his balls are batted down regularly you would want someone taller not shorter.

X isnt getting paid nobody is getting paid until we win a playoff game.
he also got burned quite a few times this season too.

thats not really the best argument. if tanny is 6' 4 and his balls are batted down regularly you would want someone taller not shorter.

X isnt getting paid nobody is getting paid until we win a playoff game.
he also got burned quite a few times this season too.

X isnt getting paid till we make the playoffs? LOL ok

Every corner back gets burned... EVERY SINGLE ONE...

Oddly we seen Osweiler get balls batted down and that dude is like 7 ft tall!

doesnt bode well for Murray.

x is not getting paid 15 million you all should just forget about it.

A run first quarterback will never win in the nfl on a consistent basis. The game is still won in the pocket and in the trenches. These hyper athletic guys are hard to gauge because they’re that much more athletix that a majority of the teams they play.

Y’all banging the table for kyler, did you say the same about Tebow?

A run first quarterback will never win in the nfl on a consistent basis. The game is still won in the pocket and in the trenches. These hyper athletic guys are hard to gauge because they’re that much more athletix that a majority of the teams they play.

Kyler isn't run first. Not even close

One thing that somewhat lessens the blow of his small stature is he has a SUPER quick release.

He seems to have that thing called “pocket presence” as well that we all as Dolphins fans have forgotten about in the last 7-8 years.

exactly. Lock from Mo is the way to go, and if in two years he fails then we go for the kid
from Clemson. we need passing qb. PASSING

Back
Top Bottom