Kyler Murray Vs. Tall Offensive Line

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by TrinidadDolfan, Jan 15, 2019.

1. EJay

EJay Scout Team

I was gonna mention Flutie as another outlier, but since his success was marginal and not all that long -- I didn't feel it really fit.

That said, you make a lot of good points. I can't in any way say that you're wrong. I just remain skeptical -- despite really liking Kyler Murray. Always have. I guess that's why these GM's have the job that they do making these type of high pressure, franchise changing decisions. It's not easy.

I've frequented this site for many years now and I've always respected your analysis and opinion, CK. If you are a believer in the risk-reward of selecting Murray in the 1st round, that says something to me.

ckparrothead likes this.
  2. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

He may be magic, but is he prototypical magic?

ckparrothead likes this.
  3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

Haha. I love it.

As I've said many times though, there's no prototype for the magic that is an elite level NFL quarterback.

If you set a table full of elite-performing NFL quarterbacks, you'd have tall guys sitting next to shorter guys, sitting next to tiny guys. You'd have flame throwers sitting next to touch throwers. You'd have scramblers sitting next to guys who couldn't out-run tree sap. You'd have mechanical savants sitting next to Uncle Rico.

There's no one prototype to get to that level of performance. As Pat Riley likes to say about elite NBA players, they're all "lightning bolts from God".

j-off-her-doll likes this.