L. Searcy Out For Season!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

L. Searcy Out For Season!!!

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
Back-up OG L. Searcy is done for the season according to ESPN. He torn his right tricepts last night before the game, and will need surgery....

Another blow to this already banged-up OL!!!!....

DAMN!!!:yell:

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
Back-up OG L. Searcy is done for the season according to ESPN. He torn his right tricepts last night before the game, and will need surgery....

Another blow to this already banged-up OL!!!!....

DAMN!!!:yell:

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

I suppose we should have seen it coming... his "comeback" would have been too good to be true...
Hopefully it works out that we can take a little time to replace him now, rather than it happened whil he was filling in for an already injured OLman, and we have to get desparate to fill the spot... ie. Spencer Folau...

ESPN says he's LIKELY done for the season. But it still doesn't look good. :(

This is bad! At the beginning of the preseason we deffinitly didn't have a very good o-line, but we weren't as shallow at the postion as last year. In 2 weeks that went the window. Now if someone goes down our top guys to bring in are Troy "dont call me Falou" Andrews and Marcus Spriggs who's knee has stopped him from being a viable replacement. We are now one injury away from being as bad as we were last year.

Man. I heard Ben Coleman is still available. He can play guard and tackle, and I actually think he's still pretty darn good. We definitely need to be giving that man a call if he's still available...

This one is going to hurt. He was the backup but I personally think he should have been the starter here.

Ok boys and girls, here's the news from
KFFL.COM

Dolphins | Searcy Update - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
11:42 PT: Miami Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt said G Leon Searcy (triceps) will have an MRI done to determine the full extent of his injury. He could be lost for an extended period of time, possibly the whole season.

Sucks doesn't it?
:cry:

Not good, we should go after Jon Fina. But I heard he is almost ready to sign with another team, i cjust can't remember off the top of my head who it is.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
This one is going to hurt. He was the backup but I personally think he should have been the starter here.

Really? i wasnt really impressed at all that much with Searcy compared to when he played for the Steelers. I think people naturally get caught up in the name status therefore he is good. i dont believe that. i didnt see much of Searcy like i thought i would as far as quality of play. i dont think we will miss him much at all. i like the young guys we have that i think get way outlooked cus they are a no name. I like Troy Andrew and i dont care what anyone says. we would never get any recognition with a guy like that playing but i tell ya what, the kid knows his job. his chances just got a lot better! i say get ben colemen over a Fina or anyone else cus colemen is versatile and thats what we like.

can we release him or do we take a cap hit or what happens?

What about Richmond Webb...

Did the Bengals release him? Would rather have him back than signing Fina...

No the Bengals released John Jackson instead of Webb. We can release Searcy if we reach an injury settlement. Instead we probably put him on IR. Wires say only likey until he is officially put on IR because anyone can heal and possibly play late in the season ala Jerry Rice a few years back.

Ben Coleman is definitely a possibility. I like Andrew as well though. He is young and improving. Cesario was cut so who are we gonna keep at OL? Man we need to spend some picks on OL next year for sure...this happens every year it seems!

Back
Top Bottom