La Canfora artice on CBS: curious read | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

La Canfora artice on CBS: curious read

The Bopkin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
I know there is a lot of scorn for LaCanfora, but this article gives us some props. He ranks positioning for the future for all 0 and 1 win teams.
He actually kind of seems to appreciate what Miami is doing. Love to know ppl's thoughts.

Jason LaCanfora... isnt that the guy who is wrong all the time on a bunch of stuff? Like totally inept. Just wondering... or was that someone else... no that is Omar Kelly... but still... this guy sux too.

Absolutely love what we're doing. This has been a long time coming. Once we use up our cap space and picks, the floor will still be the same as it has been for years, but the ceiling will be so much higher. And it will a couple of exciting off seasons at the least.

Thanks for posting OP.

That Steelers as #1 best position among the bad teams choice is curious given their lack of a first rounder and the fact their QB situation is a complete mess. They do have talent, but that talent isn't taking them anywhere important anytime soon.

Dolphins are set up perfectly, but that's only half the battle. I have this sickening feeling in my gut that Dan Snyder will go full on tank to get Tua.

Love how when it doesn’t fit the narrative of some posters it’s “this reporter sucks”. I don’t give a rats ass what a reporter thinks. They have their opinions just like us as fans do.

Forgive me for just a moment - The reason most people detest national and regional sports media in general is it's propensity to focus on a notion it feels no one else has realized yet, and run it into the ground.

It doesn't take more than just a reasonably astute football watcher to be able to spot a red herring when it swims by.

Carry on...

Love how when it doesn’t fit the narrative of some posters it’s “this reporter sucks”. I don’t give a rats *** what a reporter thinks. They have their opinions just like us as fans do.

Not just reporters. If a coach or FO guy makes a statement a poster agrees with, they speak the truth. If the poster DISAGREES, it's coach speck or 'they have to hide their cards.' Confirmation bias.

Personally, I think there will be competition for the #1 pick

Thanks for posting OP.

That Steelers as #1 best position among the bad teams choice is curious given their lack of a first rounder and the fact their QB situation is a complete mess. They do have talent, but that talent isn't taking them anywhere important anytime soon.

Dolphins are set up perfectly, but that's only half the battle. I have this sickening feeling in my gut that Dan Snyder will go full on tank to get Tua.

I honestly couldn't believe the Steelers gave up a 1st for Minkah. Especially at the same mo.ent Big Ben went down.

Forget their unknown in Rudolph. With B s age and evidence of injury, they were posed to guarantee future options at QB keeping their #1 and drafting a QB next year.

Without a QB, I see them on the cusp of mediocrity with many years of building around Rudolph until they know if he is the answer. That could out them in a predicament of mediocrity

When they were practically gifted a Top 5 when Big Ben went down and be in a prime spot to double down and protect themselves against Big Ben's inevitable departure

Trading for Minkah was a knee jerk response that may haunt them

Aside from Rosen shocking everyone, and from this point playing like a franchise QB, Miami is taking a QB with their highest pick in 2020.

Though Tua to this point is undoubtly the QB to take, that does not mean if Miami were not to get Tua, that all is a failure.

Though Tua is the best option coming out of college, there will be a handful of college QBs that each could be successful in the NFL.

In 84, Marino was coming out from not as good season in College, and with a drug rumor, but he turned out pretty well I think.

Tom Brady was thought of at best a quality backup, but nobody expected much from him...mistake.

Drew Brees looked like a nice QB, could help a team, but not expected to be special...so much for that.

Brett Farve was a nice QB that could develop into a quality QB, but he was more the just a quality QB.

Aaron Rogers though at the time considered the top QB coming out, because of his size, nobody other the Greenbay thought enough of him to pick him...fail.

In 2012 the class of the QBs was Robert Griffin III, and Andrew Luck, but nobody other then Seattle thought much of Russell Wilson... All teams that year now wish they had taken Wilson.

Many people are in love with Tua potential in the NFL (Heck, I am in love with the idea of Tua in Miami Colors), but that that does not mean in 2020, Tua is the be all, end all of the QB class...there is more then one option out there.

Aside from Rosen shocking everyone, and from this point playing like a franchise QB, Miami is taking a QB with their highest pick in 2020.

Though Tua to this point is undoubtly the QB to take, that does not mean if Miami were not to get Tua, that all is a failure.

Though Tua is the best option coming out of college, there will be a handful of college QBs that each could be successful in the NFL.

In 84, Marino was coming out from not as good season in College, and with a drug rumor, but he turned out pretty well I think.

Tom Brady was thought of at best a quality backup, but nobody expected much from him...mistake.

Drew Brees looked like a nice QB, could help a team, but not expected to be special...so much for that.

Brett Farve was a nice QB that could develop into a quality QB, but he was more the just a quality QB.

Aaron Rogers though at the time considered the top QB coming out, because of his size, nobody other the Greenbay thought enough of him to pick him...fail.

In 2012 the class of the QBs was Robert Griffin III, and Andrew Luck, but nobody other then Seattle thought much of Russell Wilson... All teams that year now wish they had taken Wilson.

Many people are in love with Tua potential in the NFL (Heck, I am in love with the idea of Tua in Miami Colors), but that that does not mean in 2020, Tua is the be all, end all of the QB class...there is more then one option out there.
Exactly. That’s why I would be interested in double dipping like the Skins did with RG3 and Cousins. Let’s grab another QB in round four or five

“Sam Darnold looks like he’ll be a winning QB in this league?”

Anyone else besides me not been the slightest bit impressed w him thus far? I just don’t see it.

The only reason he has Pitt no 1 is they still have Big Ben.

Back
Top Bottom