La Canfora artice on CBS: curious read | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

La Canfora artice on CBS: curious read

I can remember Brett Favre actually being asked how to pronounce his name.

Thanks for posting OP.

That Steelers as #1 best position among the bad teams choice is curious given their lack of a first rounder and the fact their QB situation is a complete mess. They do have talent, but that talent isn't taking them anywhere important anytime soon.

Dolphins are set up perfectly, but that's only half the battle. I have this sickening feeling in my gut that Dan Snyder will go full on tank to get Tua.

let him. if he is talking more picks for us I'm in. Send more first rounders to us. Just my 2 cents

If for another team that would suck

I honestly couldn't believe the Steelers gave up a 1st for Minkah. Especially at the same mo.ent Big Ben went down.

Forget their unknown in Rudolph. With B s age and evidence of injury, they were posed to guarantee future options at QB keeping their #1 and drafting a QB next year.

Without a QB, I see them on the cusp of mediocrity with many years of building around Rudolph until they know if he is the answer. That could out them in a predicament of mediocrity

When they were practically gifted a Top 5 when Big Ben went down and be in a prime spot to double down and protect themselves against Big Ben's inevitable departure

Trading for Minkah was a knee jerk response that may haunt them
Maybe the Steelers just weren’t going to target a QB in the first regardless. Maybe they have a different plan at QB altogether.

Not just reporters. If a coach or FO guy makes a statement a poster agrees with, they speak the truth. If the poster DISAGREES, it's coach speck or 'they have to hide their cards.' Confirmation bias.

The literal definition of it.

I find it funny how as the season goes on, Miami will get more spotlight. Not because we are winning games, but because we are a sexy story heading into the 2020 off-season.
The problem is that this year's sexy story (Cleveland) is already becoming a nightmare scenario. I've seen rumors about the Browns looking to trade Beckham.

Not just reporters. If a coach or FO guy makes a statement a poster agrees with, they speak the truth. If the poster DISAGREES, it's coach speck or 'they have to hide their cards.' Confirmation bias.

Personally, I think there will be competition for the #1 pick
Truth. I see us winning a few games and ultimately not getting the #1 pick. Bengals, Jets twice, Steelers, Redskins..... we could lose them all or win them all.

Yes, what I found curious too was Pitt's placement at number one. Ben I believe has 1 year left after this one, he's not young, and they traded their number 1 pick away. There are already stories about Tomlin to Washington(I'll believe that when I see it); really, what we have done has been unique to the NFL. Can anyone remember this type of scenario playing out before? I remember Parcells having 4 number ones in NY when he was with the Jets one year(I think...maybe it was three), but to totally unload contracts and trade everything of value, I can't remember it ever happening. Dallas in '89 with Jimmy? Maybe not quite the same; anyway, if for nothing else, we bear watching because how we fair will to some degree dictate whether or not other teams try this same path in their futures, I believe. If it works for us, you will start to see perennially mediocre teams(Vikings? Chargers?)unload and go full rebuild. If we botch it, or it just doesn't work, it'll probably go back to the original model of team construction.

If JLC likes what we're doing, then we're even more ****ed than I thought. :bobdole:

The problem is that this year's sexy story (Cleveland) is already becoming a nightmare scenario. I've seen rumors about the Browns looking to trade Beckham.
I never thought getting him was a good idea. He’s not a team guy. Put him and Landry together and you have two hot heads w a 1st time coach etc. Too many big personalities on that team and Mayfield was anointed king too soon IMO. Hopefully we select mostly good, intelligent players vs the bunch of ****tards on the Browns.

Aside from Rosen shocking everyone, and from this point playing like a franchise QB, Miami is taking a QB with their highest pick in 2020.

Though Tua to this point is undoubtly the QB to take, that does not mean if Miami were not to get Tua, that all is a failure.

Though Tua is the best option coming out of college, there will be a handful of college QBs that each could be successful in the NFL.

In 84, Marino was coming out from not as good season in College, and with a drug rumor, but he turned out pretty well I think.

Tom Brady was thought of at best a quality backup, but nobody expected much from him...mistake.

Drew Brees looked like a nice QB, could help a team, but not expected to be special...so much for that.

Brett Farve was a nice QB that could develop into a quality QB, but he was more the just a quality QB.

Aaron Rogers though at the time considered the top QB coming out, because of his size, nobody other the Greenbay thought enough of him to pick him...fail.

In 2012 the class of the QBs was Robert Griffin III, and Andrew Luck, but nobody other then Seattle thought much of Russell Wilson... All teams that year now wish they had taken Wilson.

Many people are in love with Tua potential in the NFL (Heck, I am in love with the idea of Tua in Miami Colors), but that that does not mean in 2020, Tua is the be all, end all of the QB class...there is more then one option out there.

Finally some sanity and a historical, rather then hysterical, review when considering our draft pick for a QB options.

Back
Top Bottom