La Canfora artice on CBS: curious read | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

La Canfora artice on CBS: curious read

Maybe the Steelers just weren’t going to target a QB in the first regardless. Maybe they have a different plan at QB altogether.
Maybe. But in a QB starved league whose single biggest player influencer of success being a QB, I believe we will start seeing more franchises doubling down on QBs when they have a chance in the future.

Franchise QBs going down with injury detail an entire season. Yet teams avoid drafting elite prospects when they have a Franchise QB.

Once i find a QB, I would always have an elite prospect as my #2 to insure against injury and against the next contract.

Fans have become so beaten down with the philosophy that if you have a Franchise QB you are not allowed to draft an elite prospect if you are gifted a chance.

You have to build the rest of your team...is what is said. Yet when the Franchise QB goes does....the other 52 guys and the treams hopes for that season are finished.

Yet, you can endure other losses and still be as competitive.

I'm sorry, I simply don't subscribe.

Any sensible business person will tell you to protect your mission critical assets and have real backups. Not just backups in name.

If you rely on one guy to decide your team's success and chance at winning, it is worth it to have two when the chance presents itself.

If my $100M DT can be rendered ineffective because we lose our QB.... apparently a backup QB is important.

We need to return to the old days of having great players waiting in the wings behind great players.

If This is there and Rosen is showing promise, draft Tua

If Lawrence is there and Tua is showing promise, draft Lawrence

You can always flip a QB for a first round pick. It is an asset that only appreciates. Few positions do. QB does in a seller's market

The problem is that this year's sexy story (Cleveland) is already becoming a nightmare scenario. I've seen rumors about the Browns looking to trade Beckham.

I'm not shocked. The word on John Dorsey from his time at KC is that while a good evaluator of talent, he 1)has a huge ego 2)falls in love with flashy players 3)wants all the credit for success and 4)is awful with the cap.

He picked a lapdog coach so if Cleveland won he would be given credit while if they failed the coach would be the one given blame... hell coaches from the Browns last year have gone on record saying that it was Ken Zampese (QB coach) who got the most out of Baker and not Kitchens.

Can Cleveland still make the playoffs? Yes the AFC North is down this year. And the Browns do have some talent. Is the talent overall very overrated? Yes.

Still a ways to go but to me this is a cautionary tale of not falling in love with flashy style

I think in the end Baltimore gets the north; as long as Pitt keeps losing, we are in business.
Two tops tens would be a god send- the issue will be where they fall and if one of them scores us a killer QB prospect.
We can trade down with the second unless someone irresistible is there for the taking.
Then we trade down with Houston's!!

There are some really bad teams this year, which makes me wonder if other franchises are also trying to position themselves for Tua. Cincy is a mess, Washington is bad. Neither is as bad as Miami, though. The Jets are bad, but that clearly isn't by design. They spent a ton in free agency. Gase might be one and done when this thing is over.

For Miami it's a risky path. Cleveland had top picks for years and years and still, until recently, were among the worst teams for a long duration of time. That could happen to the Dolphins as well. I really believe Miami has to find that quarterback who can be among the top 10 in the NFL. That, and coaching, is where it all starts. It's easy to jump to conclusions that Flores is a short-timer here and that certainly bears watching. I think next year will be a key year to see how much the team improves.

I am curious as to why you think Omar Kelly is wrong about a lot of stuff.
Omar Kelly has been right about the Dolphins over the years far more than he has been wrong. Many Dolphin fans just don’t like the fact he was right about Tannehill when so many of them were wrong.

I guess it is okay for many fans of the Dolphins to be upset about how inept this franchise has been for years but they aren’t okay when Omar writes about how inept the team has been.

Eagles, Jaguars losses would help out overall strength of schedule tie breakers, come draft time.

If someone is looking for ANYTHING to root for.

Aside from Rosen shocking everyone, and from this point playing like a franchise QB, Miami is taking a QB with their highest pick in 2020.

Though Tua to this point is undoubtly the QB to take, that does not mean if Miami were not to get Tua, that all is a failure.

Though Tua is the best option coming out of college, there will be a handful of college QBs that each could be successful in the NFL.

In 84, Marino was coming out from not as good season in College, and with a drug rumor, but he turned out pretty well I think.

Tom Brady was thought of at best a quality backup, but nobody expected much from him...mistake.

Drew Brees looked like a nice QB, could help a team, but not expected to be special...so much for that.

Brett Farve was a nice QB that could develop into a quality QB, but he was more the just a quality QB.

Aaron Rogers though at the time considered the top QB coming out, because of his size, nobody other the Greenbay thought enough of him to pick him...fail.

In 2012 the class of the QBs was Robert Griffin III, and Andrew Luck, but nobody other then Seattle thought much of Russell Wilson... All teams that year now wish they had taken Wilson.

Many people are in love with Tua potential in the NFL (Heck, I am in love with the idea of Tua in Miami Colors), but that that does not mean in 2020, Tua is the be all, end all of the QB class...there is more then one option out there.
Well, Marino is the best, but that year the number 1 pick, Elway was a Hall of Fame QB. We need to get Tua to play for the Dolphins next year, and draft and sign very good offensive linemen and guys to sack the QB. We don't need to go the Browns way, and suck big time for 3 years, i think we can do that for 1 year, and we have a lot of drafts in 2020 and 2021.

Well, Marino is the best, but that year the number 1 pick, Elway was a Hall of Fame QB. We need to get Tua to play for the Dolphins next year, and draft and sign very good offensive linemen and guys to sack the QB. We don't need to go the Browns way, and suck big time for 3 years, i think we can do that for 1 year, and we have a lot of drafts in 2020 and 2021.

Elway also forced the hand of the Colts because he did not want to play in Baltimore.What if Tua wants no part of Miami? Beside, though a HOFer like Marino and Kelly from that year, he was not the class of in my opinion.

Listen, I am not saying If when Miami picks, Tua is still there, that Miami should not take him, just saying if he is not there, that Miami still can't get a QB that could turn out to be special or possibly better then Tua.

Omar Kelly has been right about the Dolphins over the years far more than he has been wrong. Many Dolphin fans just don’t like the fact he was right about Tannehill when so many of them were wrong.

I guess it is okay for many fans of the Dolphins to be upset about how inept this franchise has been for years but they aren’t okay when Omar writes about how inept the team has been.

Omar, is that you??

Back
Top Bottom