Laird SEASON | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Laird SEASON

Happens every season. Random jag player makes a couple plays and he's the next potential superstar. See Ballage last season.

I see little wrong with "potential." Williams, Needham, Beigel, and, yes, Laird, have shown potential. As long as posters don't make the unrealistic leap to 'WILL be stars,' I can live with optimism.

Happens every season. Random jag player makes a couple plays and he's the next potential superstar. See Ballage last season.

yeah and I like gaskin but he plays skinny.

they need to hit the reset button at rb this offseason. Bring back gaskin and laird to camp sure but bring in a couple pieces to compete/play on Sundays too.

yeah and I like gaskin but he plays skinny.

they need to hit the reset button at rb this offseason. Bring back gaskin and laird to camp sure but bring in a couple pieces to compete/play on Sundays too.

Yup. Get a heavy back with some talent. Doubt Flo will go RB in R1.

In all fairness I'm not sure a poster with 32 posts is a great reflection of finheaven "Finheaven: The only place where Patrick Laird will ever be compared to the most productive running back in the league."

Now lets get back to discussing why Patrick Laird is a better version of Christian McCaffrey :=).

Bruh I have been posting on here for over decade with literally thousands of posts. Now I know why you think Laird and McCaffrey are comparable, because you have reading comprehension problems. Patrick Laird has 36 rushing yards on 16 attempts, you people are having delusions of grandeur.

Last edited:
Bruh I have been posting on here for over decade with literally thousands of posts. Now I know why you think Laird and McCaffrey are comparable, because you have reading comprehension problems. Patrick Laird has 36 rushing yards on 16 attempts, you people are having delusions of grandeur.

So what you got from my post is that I think Laird and McCaffrey are comparable? On top of that I’m the one with reading comprehension issues?

So what you got from my post is that I think Laird and McCaffrey are comparable? On top of that I’m the one with reading comprehension issues?

Apologies, the sarcasm went over my head and I am used to vehemently defending myself for having rational thoughts on here. I do have good news however, I am reading at a 5th grade level as of this year.

Last edited:
Yep, he’s not averaging much per carry. 16 attempts all year.. we saw way too much of Ballage. Most I have said is he has potential, he shows more overall than Ballage.

So why do I think he has potential? He can make tacklers miss in space, which he clearly demonstrated in last game on some plays. One of those plays was crucial for us to move the chains.

His pass pro has been decent, but I have seen limited reps here due to Ballage taking most snaps. He took out the LB that was blitzing Fitz, which kept the play alive and we were able to convert another big 3rd down.

His running sucked last game, mostly due to our Oline not opening a single lane. He was caught in the backfield most the plays, if not he hit a brick wall. Ballage has done the same, except when there has actually been a hole, he runs into lineman instead. Which was clearly pointed out in some film someone posted here.

Some people here are so negative. No ones crowning him all pro, hof type etc. Just happy someone is making something happen from the RB position after weeks of Ballage.

SZN=season, DFS=Daily Fantasy Sports, CMC=Christian McCaffrey

I like Laird, but I only see one true comparison to CMC, and it's got nothing to do with football.

My preference is to draft a RB in the second (Swift, Dobbins) or third (Harris, Zack Moss), and then grab another in the 4th/5th round to compete with Laird and Gaskins to be the primary backup.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom