Laird SEASON | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Laird SEASON

People tend to take it personal when truth is spoken.

Also, I am not Jesus.

I dont think there is any truth to it!

He's the best receiving back we have and he actually blocks very well for his size.

His color has nothing to do with why he's outperforming the scrub in Ballage!!

Is he Christian McCaffrey, HECK NO but hes wayyyyy better then what we have.

I could see laird playing a Austin Eckeler type role next year behind a #1 back.

Laird to me is a good receiver out of the backfield/short yardage guy. Could use more muscle. I want to see what Gaskin has to offer!

He at least seems to run to right holes, but I think our RB standards have diminished and some new blood is in order as far as a #1 guy.

Let's not pretend we haven't been blessed when some nice running backs over the years.
Hell, We had one that could of garnered some consideration for the HOF if he didn't decide to smoke it all away.

Let's not pretend we haven't been blessed when some nice running backs over the years.
Hell, We had one that could of garnered some consideration for the HOF if he didn't decide to smoke it all away.

Oh yeah im talking very recently, agreed we've had some good ones since Marino. Still have my Ricky jersey.

I don't get all the love for Laird... nor the Christian McCaffrey comparisons... they are both white... the similarities end there.

I need to see him produce more before even saying I want him to be our back up next season.

Finheaven: The only place where Patrick Laird will ever be compared to the most productive running back in the league.

Come on guys.
Agree with this.

For now, let’s just call him Rex Burkhead jr

Laird runs a screen better than anyone else on the team right now, and he might run it better than any RB we have had in years.

it has been one of our great shortcomings for a generation.

can Laird solve that? Probably not. But I think he can rotationally be part of the solution past this year.

To be fair this oline has been real bad at run blocking. One on one outside he's making people miss. We need to get help up front this coming off season.

That touchdown he had proves he can a great 3rd down back, we already know he is as good as another receiver, but he also has some toughness to him if you give him a little room to go through.

Ricki Williams is a future Hall of Famer. He had one of the greatest seasons a running back has ever had.

Ricki in his prime could dominate in any era and would absolutely rip the league a new ashhole in 2019.

That touchdown he had proves he can a great 3rd down back, we already know he is as good as another receiver, but he also has some toughness to him if you give him a little room to go through.

He ran up FB Cox's back, which is what he was supposed to do. Even Ballage could have done that. No vision required. :wink FB Cox mauled the LB in the hole, and the OL maintained their blocks just long enough. They were the real heroes on that play.

Not saying Laird can't be a good back. But what he did on that play is pretty routine for a RB, IMO.

He ran up FB Cox's back, which is what he was supposed to do. Even Ballage could have done that. No vision required. :wink FB Cox mauled the LB in the hole, and the OL maintained their blocks just long enough. They were the real heroes on that play.

Not saying Laird can't be a good back. But what he did on that play is pretty routine for a RB, IMO.
Have to agree. On that particular play, Cox put the hammer on the LB. The play goes for no gain otherwise.

It’s one gap. Follow the lead fullback. That plays because of cox blowing out the lb in the hole.

Back
Top Bottom