lakers celtics nba finals thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

lakers celtics nba finals thread

i've torn my medial and posterior cruciate ligaments before playing hoops...its not a career ender by any means...but it's a good 6 months recovery time...i can't remember which of the 2 ligaments it is but one of them will heal on its own...

perk should be fine long term...unless they go in there and see something unexpected shredded...

i still think the celtics have the veteran moxie to win game 7 in los angeles but the loss of perk for post defense and another available 6 fouls is a big one...

and i think given this celtics teams age they decided to save their legs for game 7 in game 6...

It could propose some problems for next season. Longterm? It's possible. Knee injuries are always serious business when it comes to bigs. It's why Bynum will never reach his full potential, and why Al Jefferson's career will be shortened. The MCL and PCL tears could make him susceptible to knee issues in the future though.

yeah i guess with bigs you never know...but perk is still relatively young like 26 or 27 i believe and his game has never been one of athleticism say like a kg so i don't think it will effect him as much...

but this also isn't right now at least microfracture or any other really debilitating injury so i think once it heals while you can never say he won't hurt his knee again the stability should be back to its prior state...

fully healed i think the odds of reinjury are pretty much the same as they would be of injuring your other knee...but you can't rush back...and i think the celtics will give perk plenty of time even into next regular season to get right...

i also don't think this is one of those deals like an acl etc that usually take about 18 months before you get back to your preinjury self...

yeah i guess with bigs you never know...but perk is still relatively young like 26 or 27 i believe and his game has never been one of athleticism say like a kg so i don't think it will effect him as much...

but this also isn't right now at least microfracture or any other really debilitating injury so i think once it heals while you can never say he won't hurt his knee again the stability should be back to its prior state...

fully healed i think the odds of reinjury are pretty much the same as they would be of injuring your other knee...but you can't rush back...and i think the celtics will give perk plenty of time even into next regular season to get right...

i also don't think this is one of those deals like an acl etc that usually take about 18 months before you get back to your preinjury self...

I agree. The chances are better that it won't affect him longterm, but as you said, you never know with bigs. As long as he isn't rushed back he will probably be fine. Luckily it wasn't an ACL.

I'm going to stick to my guns and say Boston takes it, but if I had money on the series, I'd be VERY nervous.

i already won my 5 hundo...but i'm very nervous about the celtics having enough to get it done tonight...sheed HAS TO stay out of foul trouble...i just hope the officials let the players decide it like a game 7 should be...

come on kg...give it to us one more time tonight...give me 20 and 10 boards and lead the celtics to the championship...will yourself to a championship...i know you can do it

and school that buttercup world cup soccer worthy flopping all over the place never called a foul on despite playing huge minutes in the post llama looking tranny pau gasol!!!

go celtics...man up tonight

come on kg...give it to us one more time tonight...give me 20 and 10 boards and lead the celtics to the championship...will yourself to a championship...i know you can do it

and school that buttercup world cup soccer worthy flopping all over the place never called a foul on despite playing huge minutes in the post llama looking tranny pau gasol!!!

go celtics...man up tonight

lol....

Yep.....just got back from camping in the wilderness......Lakers baby!!!! Didn't think the Celts could beat them 2 out of the last three games.

Back
Top Bottom