Lamar Gordon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lamar Gordon

PeterJNO

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
How do you think this 3rd round back feels in Miami now a days with all this running back talk? Like they have no confidence in him? Yes he is rather unprooven, but does anyone know his real potential? We're talking about drafting a QB at #2, then drafting a RB in the 3rd? He is a RB from the 3rd round with more experience. Waste of 3rd pic in IMHO.

PeterJNO said:
How do you think this 3rd round back feels in Miami now a days with all this running back talk? Like they have no confidence in him? Yes he is rather unprooven, but does anyone know his real potential? We're talking about drafting a QB at #2, then drafting a RB in the 3rd? He is a RB from the 3rd round with more experience. Waste of 3rd pic in IMHO.

true...remnence of the wanny era

When Ricky quit RS had to find the best RB available and in his estimation Gordon was that.Unfortunately Gordon has a history of injuries which apparently he did not consider.

I don't know.

We really don't know what we have with Gordon. He may just be the third-best #2 back in the NFL (DeShaun Foster, TJ Duckett).

I'm not saying he is... but he could be. The physical attributes are there. We just can't take the risk of not knowing. Draft Brown, play em both, trade Gordon if he produces.

I mean, Carolina is in a pretty good situation. It's a huge plus to have two good RBs.

We can't tell what he is yet, but I would go out on a limb and say he will be a great backup and can be valuable if he has to start a game or two. He has all the talent in the world, but he has been riddled with injuries for most of his career. I think I felt worse for him than any other player on our team. He never had the chance to learn that crappy playbook when he got here and for some god unknown reason ole' Wanny decided to have him play even when the guy had like a 102 degree temp. I'm not a medical expert, but I have a friend who's a nurse who said that Gordon was lucky something more serious didn't go wrong with him having that high fever and busting his shoulder up like he did.

Lamar Gordon is not the answer. I have no idea why we wasted a 3rd round pick on him last year. The Rams didnt even think he was worth somthing, otherwise they wouldnt have drafted Stephen Jackson last year. Gordon is probably our 2nd stringer at best

And get out of yer head the hope of us selecting a quarterback at #2. Saban has already said Feeley will start and Ferrotte will compete for it (yea right...) so there is no point in bringing in another qb. And it wouldnt make sense money-wise, if we WERE to take a qb we'd have to pay him similar to eli manning and his contract is ridiculous...so its not happenin

I guess both were desperate Gordon for starting and Wanny for having a starting back.

PeterJNO said:

I would much rather take a RB at #2(BENSON) and pick up a QB in the 4th(Orton).

lordlegel said:
Lamar Gordon is not the answer. I have no idea why we wasted a 3rd round pick on him last year. The Rams didnt even think he was worth somthing, otherwise they wouldnt have drafted Stephen Jackson last year. Gordon is probably our 2nd stringer at best

Not true. They drafted JAckson cause at this Time of Year it was very unclear if Faulk would ever return to them. He had another Knee sugery as every year there and not even Faulk was sure that he can return. Jackson falld deep in Draft so RAms made a good Pick, he will be their next Franchise Back. After Ricky quitted and Faulk was clear to start Gordon felt into #3 at Running Backs.Thats why Rams traded him but m sure he wouldnt have costed a 3rd Rounder with a better Management,,,,,....

lordlegel said:

And get out of yer head the hope of us selecting a quarterback at #2. Saban has already said Feeley will start and Ferrotte will compete for it (yea right...) so there is no point in bringing in another qb. And it wouldnt make sense money-wise, if we WERE to take a qb we'd have to pay him similar to eli manning and his contract is ridiculous...so its not happenin

The Rams went for BPA (Best Player Avaliable).

Stephen Jackson was just too good to pass up.

The Rams went for BPA (Best Player Avaliable).

Stephen Jackson was just too good to pass up.

stephen jackson was not supposed to be there by the time the rams came up. Think about this, if Eli Manning had fallen to our pick last year would we have taken him, YES.

PeterJNO said:

NOTHING has happened yet...Saban hasn't drafted anyone yet........and all this "talk" isn't from him.

Back
Top Bottom