Lamar Miller > Trent Richardson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lamar Miller > Trent Richardson

I am a Canes fan and I think Miller is the real deal..but if you want a guy that can carry the load for you and maybe even carry your team Richardson is your guy..He is an every down back day one...and he has upside. Bama handcuffed him as far as weight lifting went because they were afraid his spotters would get hurt..Miller is more of a break away threat via speed but Richardson is a guy that can do what Miller can with vision. Defenses dont wanna tackle him. I actually dont see durability as an issue. Players get hurt but this guy is in prime condition. He is a bull. I know Mike Shannhan does not take backs high in drafts( No history of) but if he is there and no qb is there how can you not take him? He would be a monster in that system.

We don't exactly need a RB (I wasn't impressed with Thomas this season), but if he was there and there was no QB to be had in the 1st, then he's the guy. I doubt Reggie stays healthy next season anyway.

Big fan of the U, love the Canes but the only thing Miller has over Richardson is speed. He can't create a hole, he can't move the pile and he has bad shoulders. He left early IMO because his shoulders aren't going to let him have a very long career so he better get the money while he can. There is so much of Miller's game that he needs to work on still too. Pass blocking, pass receiving, continuing to drive his legs after contact, getting his pad level down when he approaches the hole, squaring up to the LOS when he runs through the hole...a lot to work on. But, as I mentioned, because of his shoulders I fully understand why he left early.

i disagree, richardson is on adrian petersons level, miller is more on arian foster level, big difference. Put it this way, if richardson drops to us, we'd be crazy to pass on a phenom like that, even with reggie having a great year.

I don't want a running back in the first round period. The first running back off the board last year was at #28 to the Saints. Granted Richardson is a better talent than Ingram, but I don't think a running back's value is what it used to be. I think you can find quality depth in FA or in the later rounds.

LSU held trich in check last night. 96 yards on 20 carries and 34 on one run...

I like a lot of things about lamar miller, but I don't know if he's better than trent. I'd love to see lamar in miami though. damn.

Richardson is better. I see a lot of Ricky in him but that could be just me.

Richardson will go ahead of Miller, but Miller will be the better pick.

The bruising running back type is blah...give me game breaking ability and the threat to take it to the house.
You may be right, especially in today's NFL. That's one reason I also like Demps.

I think miller will be there in the second. As he should be. I hope we never take a runningback in the top ten again. As good as ap is, they cant beat greenbay and green bay doesnt have an AP. You need a qb and playmakers. Miller is a homerun waiting to happen. If miller is around at 42, or wherever we are, hed be quite enticing.

never really paid any attention but yeah thanks for the heads up...i think personally millers a little overrated to be honest...but i do think he's got some pretty good nfl talent...that said if its 1st round for miller i'm a pass guy

Interesting. I personally think that Richardson is VERY over-rated....

Richardson is overrated in the sense that most people will expect him to do in the NFL what he did in college.

This will not happen because the running game isn't as relied upon in the NFL as it is in the college game these days.

As far as Lamar Miller...his knee is a concern for me.

Back
Top Bottom