Lamar Miller > Trent Richardson | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lamar Miller > Trent Richardson

Richardson will prob hit street free/clear.. talk about a guy who's career could use revival.. the big 3rd down back that gets a yard 'n moves the chains our O needs

Richardson will prob hit street free/clear.. talk about a guy who's career could use revival.. the big 3rd down back that gets a yard 'n moves the chains our O needs
He shows zilch every week. The good player in college has become a big dud. Maybe Saban squeezed all the juice out of him in Alabama, but I wouldn't go near him.

Ian Rapport Tweet

Trent Richardson is inactive for the #Colts vs the #Broncos today

He shows zilch every week. The good player in college has become a big dud. Maybe Saban squeezed all the juice out of him in Alabama, but I wouldn't go near him.

He really wasn't overused at Bama, being a bama guy I always felt he was overrated and knew Lacy and Ingram would be better out of the trio. But I sure didn't think he'd flunk this bad. I don't think he's worth taking a chance on. Better targets we could get later in the draft me thinks

lookatme-1.gif

The Colts will almost surely release him before next year. You've got to wonder at this point how much longer Richardson's career will last. He's still a good blocker and a conscientious, good locker room type. That might sustain him at a league minimum type salary. But he seems destined to end up one of the busts of the decade and one of the bigger running back busts of all time. Curtis Enis is a name that comes to mind, the old Penn State curse when a great OL made a series of running backs look better than they were.

The Colts will almost surely release him before next year. You've got to wonder at this point how much longer Richardson's career will last. He's still a good blocker and a conscientious, good locker room type. That might sustain him at a league minimum type salary. But he seems destined to end up one of the busts of the decade and one of the bigger running back busts of all time. Curtis Enis is a name that comes to mind, the old Penn State curse when a great OL made a series of running backs look better than they were.

I still think Richardson has a shot to make an impact in the NFL. He needs to slim down and regain that explosiveness. He never looked so square at Alabama. He looks like he's about 230, and at his height, he should get down to the 210-215 range.

I still think Richardson has a shot to make an impact in the NFL. He needs to slim down and regain that explosiveness. He never looked so square at Alabama. He looks like he's about 230, and at his height, he should get down to the 210-215 range.

His issue is his vision, or extreme lack of....he will be out of the league in a year.

His issue is his vision, or extreme lack of....he will be out of the league in a year.

It's an issue, but that was never a great aspect of his game. People compared him to Adrian Peterson, because he displayed great burst coming out of Alabama. Since joining the NFL, he's shown none of it, and he's much wider. I don't think his loss of explosion as a coincidence or some strange occurrence. He looks like a bowling ball.

Forget the plays, but just look at his physique in this highlight. He's not skinny, but he's much thinner - doesn't look like he's as wide as he is tall. I'd be all over Trent Richardson for the right price, and I'd tell him to get down to 215. At 5'9, he shouldn't be 230.

[video=youtube;JQ6rFi0LK2M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ6rFi0LK2M[/video]

Richardson vision is telling him one thing and his body is telling him another ~ siilar case to Peyton his mind is fine, vision is too, his body is holding him back...

In the case of Richardson the dude is a waaaaaaay to heavy to make the cuts we saw at his combine

If he slims down he can make a roster, and maybe he gets to play his way into an active role

Is he still a "bust" yes..., but he can still be serviceable

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

It's an issue, but that was never a great aspect of his game. People compared him to Adrian Peterson, because he displayed great burst coming out of Alabama. Since joining the NFL, he's shown none of it, and he's much wider. I don't think his loss of explosion as a coincidence or some strange occurrence. He looks like a bowling ball.

Forget the plays, but just look at his physique in this highlight. He's not skinny, but he's much thinner - doesn't look like he's as wide as he is tall. I'd be all over Trent Richardson for the right price, and I'd tell him to get down to 215. At 5'9, he shouldn't be 230.

[video=youtube;JQ6rFi0LK2M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ6rFi0LK2M[/video]

Very words I was going to sue he looks like a bowling ball

I've seen good running backs slim down to become great ones (we saw it with Ricky Williams and with 2007 Ronnie Brown, who had the best eight game stretch of his career). I've never seen it turn a bad running back into a good one, and Richardson has been bad. And it's not like 230 is a ridiculous number at his height. CJ Anderson is 5'8, 225 and isn't sluggish.

Don't get me wrong, maybe it would help. You never know. He should definitely try it. But mainly I see a sluggish mind when he plays, not a sluggish body. The main positive thing that he might need for his game back is confidence. I saw the problems with his vision in college and posted about them. But it seems to have gotten so much worse that maybe he's just been broken down mentally. He might just need to get the right coach in his ear who will tell him to stop thinking and start running.

If he's not he will be working on a vet minimum contract...from the penthouse to the outhouse

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah. Apparently Richardson missed the walkthrough and will miss the game due to a serious family emergency. I hope everything is okay. I don't take any pleasure in seeing these guys fail, especially guys with a reputation for being good people (which is what I've always heard about Richardson).

Back
Top Bottom