Lance or Law | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lance or Law

OG54

Starter
Reaction score
Any word on these guys? did Miami offer Lance a contract? Is Law coming in for a second visit?

I want nothing to do with Law. He's nothing but a selfish Patriot, and thats all he'll ever be in my eyes

I would take Lance. Screw Law and his antics. I don't think Lance is as good (if Law is at 100%) but he is stable and gives us another strong hitting safety. He is also insurance. I think Saban will find a way to protect and hide our cornerbacks. I hope at least.

I hope we don't get Law.He's to ****y.He thinks he's the best but he's not even a top 7 cornerback. I'd rather have Lance cuz he's cheaper and i think we need safety's more then a cb that wants more then Pat Surtain.

MARINO1384 said:
I hope we don't get Law.He's to ****y.He thinks he's the best but he's not even a top 7 cornerback. I'd rather have Lance cuz he's cheaper and i think we need safety's more then a cb that wants more then Pat Surtain.

your kidding right, I agree he is really ****y and wouldn't be a good investement for the Dolphins financially, but come on when he is healthy he is top 3. Hate to say it but health Law is better than Surtain was.

Lance is the only guy that we need for more then one year, so we have to get him. Law willl just be Poole replacement this year.

AZfinfan said:
your kidding right, I agree he is really ****y and wouldn't be a good investement for the Dolphins financially, but come on when he is healthy he is top 3. Hate to say it but health Law is better than Surtain was.
Who says he's healthy and will be back to the old Law.His last few years before he got hurt he didn't do anything in the regular season. He'd have like one game during the year where he'd pick off like 2 passes then maybe pickoff another one the rest of the year.

AZfinfan said:

Well, Law was a better CB than Lance is a safety now, but you can't say that Law will ever be the guy he was due to age and injury...His injury (plantar fascia tear) is a difficult injury for a DB to come back from. Schulters is a better bargain for us.

I completely dissagree about PS and Law...I'd say they are (in their prime) really close in talent. They are different types of CBs for two different defenses. Law was, IMO, always overrated because of the system he played in. PS could have played as well as he did in JJs system in BB system, but Law would not have been as good a CB in JJs system as PS...

And for that very reason (since we will now be playing the same type of DB system) we are probably in a little better position in CB rotation than we all think right now (with Poole's injury). I am more concerned about safety (both SS and FS). I still feel that Tbuc Jones is a downgrade compared to Knight (and he wasn't that good, particularly last year). Tillman is an unknown, Bua is changing positions, Bell has been injured, although showed some good work in TC last year. So we have unknowns and holes in the safety positions. In the CB position, we at least have two guys who have and can play. We are weak in backups, nickel and dime guys. The only saving grace about both positions is that the secondary is Saban's particular forte.

PhinDude88 said:
Lance is the only guy that we need for more then one year, so we have to get him. Law willl just be Poole replacement this year.

if they signed Lance, it would be to a tebucky jones type deal....a 3 year deal that has a HUGE roster bonus after year 1, so thats its essentially only a 1 year deal.

that said, I'm not enamoured with either. Saban said from his intro PC that he wanted to get younger, and we are going in the exact opposite direction.

I actually think that we're perfectly fine without either one of them.

Lance is 30, and Tebucky will be 31 this year. The more older veterans they sign, thats one less spot for a guy for the future, whether it be a Bua, Bell, Elam or somebody like that.

Its obvious that Tillman was a guy that Saban had his eyes on since the beginning, and his injury isnt anything serious. What he did was stupid, but Saban wasn't going to cut the very first signing of his tenure.

I wont no part of Ty whatsoever and as many have already said, he's a me-first player.

Back
Top Bottom