Landry and Stills #9 in top ten duo recivers for 17 season. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry and Stills #9 in top ten duo recivers for 17 season.

Have you ever seen Jackson block on a screen?

He's a better player at running in a straight line downfield.. that's it.

I like Kenny, but have you ever seen Stills block on a screen?

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for one player over another here in this comparison.

Randall Cobb & Jordy Nelson as #1 duo? Cobb has only had a single 1k season in 6 years and had 610 yards and 4 td's last year for a 10 yard average. Way too high.

I like Kenny, but have you ever seen Stills block on a screen?

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for one player over another here in this comparison.
I think ability to block is low on the list when comparing WRs. It is a factor though. Stills nor Jackson are great route runners either which is much more important for a WR. Maybe I'm biased but I do think Stills is better at this point at least

I think ability to block is low on the list when comparing WRs. It is a factor though. Stills nor Jackson are great route runners either which is much more important for a WR. Maybe I'm biased but I do think Stills is better at this point at least

I'm not arguing which of the two is better (honestly don't really care as they are both really good), just thought the blocking argument was a poor one.

I'd say Stills and Jackson are very good and nuanced route runners. It's not easy to get open deep in the NFL. Often you're dealing with two DB's in trying to sell the safety off your intentions while also having to restack the corner.

I'm not arguing which of the two is better (honestly don't really care as they are both really good), just thought a blocking aguement was a poor one.

I'd say Stills and Jackson are very good and nuanced route runners. It's not easy to get open deep in the NFL. Often you're dealing with two DB's in trying to sell the safety off your intentions while also having to restack the corner.
The Bengals game sticks out to me. Kenny rerouted to the corner away from the safety. You have to know when and where to make adjustments in your route. Thankfully he and Tannehill have built a good relationship and both saw the same thing

Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb #1? Cobb has been living off reputation for the past two years.

Ya and they both live off of the best QB in the league.

It's no surprise Jordy (14) and Adams (12) were #1 and #2 in TDs on the same team!! lol

That's no coincidence or greatness. It's A-rod

I would love to see Jordy on a team with a good Qb and not the "best I've ever seen"

Stills is the best deep ball WR in the NFL. Not because of his speed but because he is the best at adjusting to the ball in the air. Landry is the best slot in the game. I assume you mean Desean Jackson? He is not better then Stills imo. Vincent is too old if that's who you mean. Solid WR core though

Not to question your opinion because it's yours and we all have one lol

You honestly think Kenny is the best deep ball receiver in the NFL?

Does that mean guys that only go deep like Stills, Wallace, Djax or any receiver that are deep ball threats?

I'm kind of shocked by that only because there's tons of receivers that aren't known as strictly "deep ball" receivers that are way better at catching the deep ball than Kenny.

Deep Balls over 20 yds and over 40 yds
Julio(27)(5), Brown(22),(3), Beckham(20),(6), Evans(15),(1), Aj Green(15),(4) in 10 games, Michael Thomas(18),(1), Hilton(28)(2), Cooper(21),(5), Cooks(15),(6), Jordy(19),(4), Tyrell Williams(19),(6), Benjamin(10,(6) etc..

Desean had (19) and (5) 40 yds receptions
Stills had (10) 20 yds and (4) 40 yds receptions
Landry had (16) 20 yds and (3) 40 yds receptions
Parker had (9) 20 yds and (4) 40 yd receptions

It's crazy when people act like Landry can only play slot yet led his team in catches over 20 yds and 1 behind our two "speed" receivers. Parker will shatter that number this year IMO.

I'm assuming you mean the category of strictly "deep ball" receivers, that more than not, run a go route.

I do agree that Kenny contorts his body very well and above some of the best.

PHINS UP!!! Season is almost upon us!!

Not to question your opinion because it's yours and we all have one lol

You honestly think Kenny is the best deep ball receiver in the NFL?

Does that mean guys that only go deep like Stills, Wallace, Djax or any receiver that are deep ball threats?

I'm kind of shocked by that only because there's tons of receivers that aren't known as strictly "deep ball" receivers that are way better at catching the deep ball than Kenny.

Deep Balls over 20 yds and over 40 yds
Julio(27)(5), Brown(22),(3), Beckham(20),(6), Evans(15),(1), Aj Green(15),(4) in 10 games, Michael Thomas(18),(1), Hilton(28)(2), Cooper(21),(5), Cooks(15),(6), Jordy(19),(4), Tyrell Williams(19),(6), Benjamin(10,(6) etc..

Desean had (19) and (5) 40 yds receptions
Stills had (10) 20 yds and (4) 40 yds receptions
Landry had (16) 20 yds and (3) 40 yds receptions
Parker had (9) 20 yds and (4) 40 yd receptions

It's crazy when people act like Landry can only play slot yet led his team in catches over 20 yds and 1 behind our two "speed" receivers. Parker will shatter that number this year IMO.

I'm assuming you mean the category of strictly "deep ball" receivers, that more than not, run a go route.

I do agree that Kenny contorts his body very well and above some of the best.

PHINS UP!!! Season is almost upon us!!
Well to be clear I am excluding #1 types like Julio because yes I think Stills is more of a specialized deep threat. But stats cant really be the end all in this debate. If you consider Jackson a deep threat guy I think you have to factor in targets. He gets more targets then Stills, targets are something to consider. Average Ypc is something better for this comparisons sake

If this isn't the year Parker supplants Stills on the duo list, I'll have a hard time believing any further hype on the kid. I love hearing about how he is going to break out this year, but this is a definite "show me" scenario in my opinion. Curious how many others here are really pessimistic about Parker breaking out this year. I hope like hell I'm wrong to feel that way.

How long have Edelman and Cooks been realing in passes together? I mean hell they have to be right up there with the Mark's brothers in terms of years together and yardage combine amiright?

Well to be clear I am excluding #1 types like Julio because yes I think Stills is more of a specialized deep threat. But stats cant really be the end all in this debate. If you consider Jackson a deep threat guy I think you have to factor in targets. He gets more targets then Stills, targets are something to consider. Average Ypc is something better for this comparisons sake

Oh okay just dudes that are deep threats.

Makes sense.

I don't think Stills is the best deep threat in the NFL and trust me if he was I'd be the first to talk $hit to others lol

One pretty good season shouldn't trump Desean's career of being the league's best. (Had over a 1000yds still)

I hate to say it but we're going to have to put Desean on his A$$ in Week 1.

Who's a "deep threat" in your opinion? Just asking.. Not being a prick just to clarify a little better

IMO Desean is exactly what a deep threat is and always has been.

Wouldn't Stills get more targets if he was the "best deep threat in the NFL?"

Oh okay just dudes that are deep threats.

Makes sense.

I don't think Stills is the best deep threat in the NFL and trust me if he was I'd be the first to talk $hit to others lol

One pretty good season shouldn't trump Desean's career of being the league's best. (Had over a 1000yds still)

I hate to say it but we're going to have to put Desean on his A$$ in Week 1.

Who's a "deep threat" in your opinion? Just asking.. Not being a prick just to clarify a little better

IMO Desean is exactly what a deep threat is and always has been.

Wouldn't Stills get more targets if he was the "best deep threat in the NFL?"
No offense taken you are a good poster and I know your intent is not malicious.

When I think of deep threats Desean does come to mind as does a guy like Goodwin and Cooks. So that's my starting point, guys who aren't quite complete WRs but you have to account for them deep

No offense taken you are a good poster and I know your intent is not malicious.

When I think of deep threats Desean does come to mind as does a guy like Goodwin and Cooks. So that's my starting point, guys who aren't quite complete WRs but you have to account for them deep

Gotcha!! Thanks brother!! I appreciate that

Yes Kenny is def in that category. I do think he's capable of more and hopefully he shows us.

He does have an uncanny ability to contort his body better than most deep threats.

I think the Dolphins are hoping the same with that contract lol 4yr $32 million

PHINS UP!!! The season is almost here!! Now lets whoop some Tampa A$$!!!!

Kenny <3

Easily my faovurite Dolphins WR atm. Parker needs to step up this year

Back
Top Bottom