***Landry Contract/Trade/Speculation Thread*** | Page 72 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Landry Contract/Trade/Speculation Thread***

when you play it forward the 2019 3 is essentially viewed as a 4th round return

so really that's a 2 a 3 and a 4 if it was all this year

pretty good haul
It's a bogus post.
You are not getting a 2&3 & 2019 4th.
Best case is RD2.

Sun Sentinel posted an article by a Raven's beat writer.

Apparently he thinks Miami would part with Landry for a third rounder. He further thinks Miami wouldn't sign Landry to a contract of 13 million / year (4 years 52 Million).

What Preston doesn't realize, is that Landry wants 16 Million a year. Miami would sign Landry in a heartbeat if they could get him on a 4 year 52 million dollar contract. In fact, I believe Miami HAS ALREADY OFFERED 13.5 million a year and Landry has rejected it.

Bottom line is this: We're not trading Landry for anything less than a 2nd rounder and that's only if we can't sign him to a 14 million a year deal which appears to be the floor of the contract he's seeking. Outside of a second rounder, we'll likely keep Landry for a year at 16 Million.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was indeed moved for just a third round pick. I would be livid, but it wouldn't surprise me considering all the obstacles that the team acquiring him would have to go through to get a deal done.

Personally, I think Miami should require a late 1/early 2 and nothing less. If no one wants to pay the asking price, then keep him with an open mind to re-negotiating next year when we'll have more cap space. I'd still like to keep Juice although it's obviously an extreme long shot.

I don't think he'll play on the tag. If nothing gets done before/during the draft due to the asking price of compensation, then I think team(s) would be willing to part with a higher pick in 2019 and the Dolphins will bite.

Wouldn't be surprised if teams interested in Landry attempt to sign Sammy Watkins first.

I can't see a team giving up a top 48 pick for Landry when a handful of decent/good WRs will hit the market in a week.
You are giving up a high pick and a lot of cap space for a wide receiver who isn't a game breaker.

I could honestly see Tannenbum giving him away for a fourth round pick on the assumption that it's better than a late third rounder one year later (and also feeds his trading obsession). I hope I'm wrong.

I can't see a team giving up a top 48 pick for Landry when a handful of decent/good WRs will hit the market in a week.
You are giving up a high pick and a lot of cap space for a wide receiver who isn't a game breaker.

None of them have Landry's production or durability though. And there seems to be a growing feeling that Landry can be that #1 type of WR who can play inside and outside in today's NFL.

The idea that he "isn't a game breaker" has just been a way to undermine his value . . . truth is if a team trades for him, any team, he will likely have his hands on the ball more than any other non RB in the offense. You don't make that the case if you don't think the guy can be special with the ball in his hands. Landry has been in a good setup here in Miami but a rather limiting one because of personnel . . . at worst you know you are getting a top tier slot WR that comes to play every week and I think that floor is what has teams excited in addition to the possibilities of him giving you more than that from a skill set POV.

If Landry were on another team and Miami was one of teams thinking about trading for him, I'd be livid at the thought of giving up pick 42 for him. Knowing what I know about him.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't love him on my team for the right price. If we can get a late 2nd I'd be a little surprised but pleasantly of course.

Certainly things would've played out different if Devante Parker had been the stud we had hoped. I still like his talent but he's not going to enter that elite category even if he never misses another game. I also think when he was healthy, far too often Julius Thomas's number was getting called inside the 10 yard line. Almost to a fault we weren't targeting Parker for the one thing he's more qualified to do.

TE has to improve and we need the picks from trading Landry to ensure it.

Was there a worse QB/TE combination than Cutler and Thomas last season?

Was there a worse QB/TE combination than Cutler and Thomas last season?[/QUOTE]

I don't think I have seen anyone play QB like Cutler, there not one aspect to his game that is positive. Not sure how Chicago dealt with him for so many years.

Allen Robinson and Sammy Watkins are both going to hit the market. Landry's value will be less and less every day. Granted he is 1000x more durable than Watkins, and AR has his knee injury he's coming from, but those are two damn fine wr's in competition for new teams

Allen Robinson and Sammy Watkins are both going to hit the market. Landry's value will be less and less every day. Granted he is 1000x more durable than Watkins, and AR has his knee injury he's coming from, but those are two damn fine wr's in competition for new teams

I’d take either of those guys over Jarvis.

I don’t know if Watkins missed a game but his ability was shown in the way teams played him last year. Opened up all of the offense.

Was there a worse QB/TE combination than Cutler and Thomas last season?

I don't think I have seen anyone play QB like Cutler, there not one aspect to his game that is positive. Not sure how Chicago dealt with him for so many years.[/QUOTE]

Matt Forte caught 80 passes and made it appear watchable. Alshon Jeffrey, Brandon Marshall and Greg Olsen gave him enough ammo to make him look better too. Ironically MF signed with Chicago so he could retire a Bear today. Underrated player who had a solid career.

Letting Greg Olsen go was a turning point. What a catastrophic mistake that was for that franchise.

Traded after his 4th season for a 3rd round pick (Like Landry is about to be) to Carolina. Dolphins missed the boat on that one.

Back
Top Bottom