***Landry Contract/Trade/Speculation Thread*** | Page 73 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Landry Contract/Trade/Speculation Thread***

Allen Robinson and Sammy Watkins are both going to hit the market. Landry's value will be less and less every day. Granted he is 1000x more durable than Watkins, and AR has his knee injury he's coming from, but those are two damn fine wr's in competition for new teams

I would like to know the deal with Robinson because his play dropped way off (almost half) before the injury and he had the same QB. Combine that with the injury and ?????

Watkins played more snaps than any other receiver in LA last year and was outproduced yardage-wise by 3 players. Gurley, Kupp & Woods.

Personally I like Watkins but he is as injury prone as Parker even though more productive.

I would like to know the deal with Robinson because his play dropped way off (almost half) before the injury and he had the same QB. Combine that with the injury and ?????

Watkins played more snaps than any other receiver in LA last year and was outproduced yardage-wise by 3 players. Gurley, Kupp & Woods.

Personally I like Watkins but he is as injury prone as Parker even though more productive.

Allen Robinson may not of had the numbers the year before he got hurt, but he was still just as good, it’s just that Bortles was just awful. Robinson didn’t stop forgetting how to get open. He just had a qb that didn’t know how to get him the ball.

Watkins might be looking at a 1 year prove it deal like Alshon Jeffrey. Watkins has been even more banged up than AJ so I doubt he'll command 15 Million for 1 year. His best offer will likely be from the Rams who are building something he should want to be a part of.

Allen Robinson is a $14 Million player, but coming off an ACL pay him what you want, I am not interested.

I'd love to have Watkins for 1 year, $7 Million.

I am keeping on eye on Rishard Mathews too, hoping they make the mistake of cutting him in Tenn.

No way any team gives up a 2nd for Landry. Why would you trade a cost controlled asset for the opportunity to pay 16 million dollars to a WR who doesn't have game breaking ability ?

Maybe you do it if you are the Bears or 49ers, because they have tons of cap space. But it doesn't seem like a wise move. You only make a trade for Landry if you believe he will change your culture, or he is the missing piece for contender.

The FO massively ****ed up this situation, should have paid Landry a couple years ago. Locked him in at a reasonable contract long term.
He's one of the only homegrown alpha dogs we have. Regardless of his warts, he should have stayed here.

No way any team gives up a 2nd for Landry. Why would you trade a cost controlled asset for the opportunity to pay 16 million dollars to a WR who doesn't have game breaking ability ?

Maybe you do it if you are the Bears or 49ers, because they have tons of cap space. But it doesn't seem like a wise move. You only make a trade for Landry if you believe he will change your culture, or he is the missing piece for contender.

The FO massively ****ed up this situation, should have paid Landry a couple years ago. Locked him in at a reasonable contract long term.
He's one of the only homegrown alpha dogs we have. Regardless of his warts, he should have stayed here.

I would venture to guess most players have an idea of what value they can get well before they hit free agency. so yeah it sounds good to say that but not it's not that easy

I don't see Miami getting a straight draft pick of significance for Landry at this time. Those trades just don't seem to happen around here anymore. What did we get for Brandon Marshall, two 3rds?

More likely, if anything at all, I see miami acquiring a player with a contract that they feel comfortable with similar to the Robert Quinn trade. It would be a price another team doesnt like anymore, but with the guarenteed portion finished. Maybe it's a player another team is moving away from due to injury history, being outplayed by a new players, or a coaching/philosophical change. In addition it's clear theyre looking for pick swapping. They must have taken a note from the Eagles when they did that with us.

TL;DR whatever trade, if any, will be unpredictable and weird.

I would venture to guess most players have an idea of what value they can get well before they hit free agency. so yeah it sounds good to say that but not it's not that easy

Of course you are right. Landry's worth is what is someone willing to pay.

The Dolphins do not seem to value him at 16 million a year. So what does another team see that indicates they should pay Landry 16 million and lose an asset ?

He's not asking for 16 (that I am aware).

16 was the speculated franchise tag price (which turned out to be fairly accurate).

We offered 4 years 52. He asked for 4 years 58 (per the rumors).

The guaranteed money must be the hold up, or we would have signed him long ago.

Whoever is saying a team that trades for him would have to offer him 16 million per year on a long term contract is incorrect (based on the information that's out there).

"Whoever is saying a team that trades for him would have to offer him 16 million per year on a long term contract is incorrect (based on the information that's out there)."

Anything less than 14 and Miami will likely sign him long term. Agree it must have something to do with the signing bonus (guaranteed portion).

A-Rob didn't get tagged? I'd give him what Landry wants. He'd have much more value here and would completely open up our offense. True #1 WR and elite when healthy.

He's gonna get a huge deal though. If the Niners are smart they pay whatever the cost to get Jimmy G a go to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom