Landry is not getting a contract this season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry is not getting a contract this season

it will get done one way or another. if not this front office is absolutely clueless. the other big problem is juice wants top 5 money. i wouldnt pay him that due to the fact he isnt in the endzone enough. jmo. but the other things he brings to the team are unquestionable. intensity, chain mover, the type of runner he is after the catch are 2nd to none. i honestly wouldnt go over 12 but who knows.

If he has a Top 5 season then it'd be hard to justify not paying him as such. I don't think he'll finish that high but a Top 10-15 isn't out of the question.

He's gone to me. Writing has been on the wall all offseason as I see it. Outside of a down season where he can be had for non-elite money.

It business, but it is very ****ed up for that guy to go into this season without a contract extension, based on what he's accomplished.

I personally would hold out. There's such a limited window for a non-quarterback in the NFL to truly cash in. And all it takes is one shot to the knee, and you'll never get that money.

The domestic abuse cloud isn't good for a signing right now. It looks mostly like BS, but you'd hate to do something and then have a Ray Rice video drop after. Need to let that play out.

Also, I think you could see him have a down year as Cutler will look to make use of DeVante and Stills more as they fit more the style he likes to play...

Even before the issue. I was predicting that he will not be resigned.
I feel that, especially since signing Stills, that they will trade him in the off season.

Of course, this is all pending on Parker stepping up big time this year.

Ridiculous to give Kiko and Branch the money they got and not Landry. That would make zero sense. I just think they're very far apart in money and the Dolphins FO have probably already decided to just tag him next year. Another mistake.

It's stupid really. He's not a one year wonder. Pay the man. I will lose all respect for this team and the whole "take care of our own" deal if our most consistently productive player isn't taken care of.

I'll always say it.... I love Adam Gase but that front office is idiotic from top to bottom. Still can't believe they prioritized Branch over a top flight guard in free agency.

Jarvis wants and expects top 5 NFL WR money. He's great, but let's see what he can deliver in terms of more touchdowns.

Jarvis wants and expects top 5 NFL WR money. He's great, but let's see what he can deliver in terms of more touchdowns.

He did have several plays where he was tackled inside the five yard line, for what it's worth

it will get done one way or another. if not this front office is absolutely clueless. the other big problem is juice wants top 5 money. i wouldnt pay him that due to the fact he isnt in the endzone enough. jmo. but the other things he brings to the team are unquestionable. intensity, chain mover, the type of runner he is after the catch are 2nd to none. i honestly wouldnt go over 12 but who knows.

Why say the FO clueless if not signed when you acknowledge he may just want too much cash? Like you say, there needs to be a limit for a guy that does not see the endzone much...slot receiver.

I want him back, but if his demands are unreasonable, thats on Landry, not the front office, who would be smart to not just bend over.

Back
Top Bottom