Landry traded to Browns for 2018 4th 2019 7th | Page 57 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry traded to Browns for 2018 4th 2019 7th

Landry doesnt want to play on the tag, he wants a long term deal... He basically ****ed himself because he now finds himself on a team he doesnt want to play for long term...

Of course, he's eventually going to get a long-term deal. So far in the process, he's gotten "a net profit" on whatever that long-term deal ends up being.
So from a business perspective, imo, it's a brilliant move. Now as far as where he plays, reputation etc. Who knows how stuff like this effects him. TIme will tell.

I can get the screens stuff but those were just about all rpo built ins. And Landry was out best rac and thru contact option which when your goal is to maintain the sticks by gaining 4 yards out of makes him the primary option for them.

But the route concepts from the slot are slot ask routes and he was the primary sticks concept route runner on the team.

And for the latter he was exceptional at it. Maybe Christian Kirk can replace the sticks/option route concept ask from the slot or maybe we get away from the 2 way go concept slot ask period
Least me and you both agree on Christian Kirk. I’m honestly projecting the Fins take him in Rd2. He’d be the ideal replacement. Decisive slot WR that runs routes well and moves the chains. Offers Return value too.

Last edited:
I can get the screens stuff but those were just about all rpo built ins. And Landry was out best rac and thru contact option which when your goal is to maintain the sticks by gaining 4 yards out of makes him the primary option for them.

But the route concepts from the slot are slot ask routes and he was the primary sticks concept route runner on the team.

And for the latter he was exceptional at it. Maybe Christian Kirk can replace the sticks/option route concept ask from the slot or maybe we get away from the 2 way go concept slot ask period

I’m not so sure many of those screens were RPO’s based up the catch and throw nature. Only a Few started with play action and those that did usually were flagged by OPI or blown up behind the line. Also if that’s us how Gase calls RPO’s then he is light years behind Pederson in play calling and design.

No you pulled it out your ***

They offered him $13 mil and drew a line in the sand which is fine but let’s not sit here and act like the guy was too dumb or catches 100 balls not knowing the offense

You don’t offer a guy $13 mil per if you don’t want to keep him and value him as a player.

Of course, they valued him and offered him up to the reported( from the folks here) $13M that's not in dispute. Further, he certainly knew enough to catch 100 balls. But it's also #facts according to the coach he didn't know what he was supposed to know to their liking.

Now he has an opportunity to show the Browns how brilliant he is and how badly we messed up.

Good luck to him.

I’m not so sure many of those screens were RPO’s based up the catch and throw nature. Only a Few started with play action and those that did usually were flagged by OPI or blown up behind the line. Also if that’s us how Gase calls RPO’s then he is light years behind Pederson in play calling and design.

Inside Zone read with built ins

I do agree we need to change it up some in terms of route concepts out of those looks

But remember the idea is to maintain sticks primary and it is essentially a extension of the run game

Least me and you both agree on Christian Kirk. I’m honestly projecting the Fins take him in Rd2. He’d be the ideal replacement. Decisive slot WR that runs routes well and moves the chains. Offers Return value too.

It’s just the right fit for the 2 way option routes concepts we have run.

If you want a little more juice dj Moore is that guy. But you can get a decent amount of his skill set with jakeem grant

Problem with grant is though the more you play him the more teams will get tells

You aren’t gonna have that with dj Moore at 6 foot and 210

Of course, he's eventually going to get a long-term deal. So far in the process, he's gotten "a net profit" on whatever that long-term deal ends up being.
So from a business perspective, imo, it's a brilliant move. Now as far as where he plays, reputation etc. Who knows how stuff like this effects him. TIme will tell.
As of right now, he's got 16M garenteed for 1 year on a team he doesnt want to play for... If he plays on the tag and gets hurt, his value plummets, especially if it means he loses a step... Landry cannot afford to lose a step...

Of course, they valued him and offered him up to the reported( from the folks here) $13M that's not in dispute. Further, he certainly knew enough to catch 100 balls. But it's also #facts according to the coach he didn't know what he was supposed to know to their liking.

Now he has an opportunity to show the Browns how brilliant he is and how badly we messed up.

Good luck to him.
Doesn't it seem Gase says our top performing players, Jay, Landry don't follow rules while the obviously less than stellar ones, Kiko, Phillips, Pouncey, seem to get a free pass. If you call people out at least be consistent. It's not like we've been lights out on either side of the ball.

Also if we are trying to get away from what Landry gives us and get more big play explosive I don’t think Kirk gives you that

The play speed isn’t sub 4.5

I’m not convinced that miami won’t stick with status quo and promote caroo and sprinkle in grant either as the offset

Might not be a bad idea for a year to see what caroo has. We can scheme production to him.

But he’s gonna have to read coverage more consistently and it depends on what the board looks like at pick 42

And you’d be a hell of a lot more comfortable doing it that way if you had a established plus player at tight end

You aren’t moving far with pick 123 as ammo though I know that much

As of right now, he's got 16M garenteed for 1 year on a team he doesnt want to play for... If he plays on the tag and gets hurt, his value plummets, especially if it means he loses a step... Landry cannot afford to lose a step...

Agreed! It’s defintely a huge risk.

Doesn't it seem Gase says our top performing players, Jay, Landry don't follow rules while the obviously less than stellar ones, Kiko, Phillips, Pouncey, seem to get a free pass. If you call people out at least be consistent. It's not like we've been lights out on either side of the ball.

He called them out for not knowing their play book. Who said anything about rules?

I just don’t get it anymore. Lamar, Vernon, Jay, Landry, etc... Why do we continue to NOT retain our young stud or stud-in-the-making players, and in the case of Jay and Landry, get low draft picks that should NOT excite anyone given our track record (see Asiata, Carroo, the list goes on).

Watch, they’ll be high-fiving on camera when they package 2 of those 4th rounders for a 3rd that turns into a player who won’t play.

Frustrating...

He called them out for not knowing their play book. Who said anything about rules?
Rules meaning doing what they're supposed to do, our top performers, you buy into that these players held us back and qouldnt be valuable...trade thwm for a song? I see jay doing fine in Philly and i would wait until 2019 to see what Landry foes but i bet he does well. A coach has to be able to deal with alpha players personalities and im not sure Gase can from what ive seen. If we get Baker it could be a circus cause he'll tell it like it is on those 2 yd bubbles when we need 8.

Suh is a stud but a quiet one, most alphas , not all have a tude. Hope im wrong here but im not sure Gase deals real well with those types of players.

I just don’t get it anymore. Lamar, Vernon, Jay, Landry, etc... Why do we continue to NOT retain our young stud or stud-in-the-making players, and in the case of Jay and Landry, get low draft picks that should NOT excite anyone given our track record (see Asiata, Carroo, the list goes on).

Watch, they’ll be high-fiving on camera when they package 2 of those 4th rounders for a 3rd that turns into a player who won’t play.

Frustrating...

None of those guys are studs. None are studs in the making. They all were really good players who wanted elite player money.

Teams get rid of good players who want to much money all the time. Nothing new.

Back
Top Bottom