Landry traded to Browns for 2018 4th 2019 7th

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by phish, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Manning

Manning Scout Team

I can't. It's simple Baker loves football. Johnny doesn't

2. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs ಠ_ಠ Finheaven VIP Donator

Can you show me examples of where I blast gase in any post I make? I'll wait. (hint: it doesn't exist)

3. NoblePhin

NoblePhin Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

You know, I couldnt even trade Landry to the Browns in Madden for a third LMAO. In all seriousness though im going to miss Landry, he should have taken the offer we had on the table but hey what can you do.

Ray R likes this.
  4. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

Been gone since Thursday so a little behind....not surprising....good luck to him

5. phinking

phinking A True Fan

So the Dolphins invested a 2nd round pick and drafted Jarvis Landry. They developed him into a 3 time Pro-Bowl player. And now gave him away for a 4th round pick? Is that an example of a good organization? I don't think so.

Chuck-182, Vaark, Manning and 5 others like this.
  6. Albert Romano

Albert Romano Super Donator Super Donator

Nothing can be "official" until next week -

March 14 Trading period for 2018 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2017 contracts....

Manning likes this.
  7. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Don't some of you guys just get tired of being wrong? Or do you hit the reset button every morning and forget all the tired nonsense you posted the day before ... and day before that ... ad nauseum.

If only dolphin fans are praising this move, what does that tell you?

Vaark, CedarPhin, TheJetsBlow and 3 others like this.
  8. artdnj

artdnj Time is Now Finheaven VIP

I'll play...the blind leading the blind

TheJetsBlow and BobDole like this.
  9. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Sounds like an appropriate dolphins metaphor to me.

TheJetsBlow and artdnj like this.
  10. hoops

hoops exited stage left

Should make them wait til pick 123 is on the clock so they can see how empty the board is

Trade Viper and ForksPhin like this.
  11. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

And as I've been saying since his hire, in the NFL's infinite collective wisdom, the market for Tannenbaum was non-existent until one clueless Billionaire salvaged him from a supplier's shop, the equivalent of the NFL junk heap. No one wanted him even for a lateral position after the mess he made. Hell, he even was willing to be the Jets capologist if it hadn't created a problem for incoming replacement candidates.

So if our team president was a worthless general manager in the eyes of the league poobahs, just how worthy a football "czar" do you think we have entrusted the team to, including responsibility for retaining our better players and making trades that are advantageous to the franchise? Is it possible that supposedly only 2 teams showed an interest (and if that comes from the fins front office, then it's as unsubstantiated/suspect as Philbin claiming he wanted to draft Carr) because of our "leader's" inability to gin up competition and create a bidding war?

Jets forum members used to call him the "bean counter" and for good reason. Few aside from junc shed any tears over his firing. He may have been peripherally around football, but he's really a glorified capologist who thinks he's trading baseball cards without ramifications. I know this is a long-winded diatribe against Tannenbum, but I maintain that an even decent de facto GM (and don't tell me that Grier, who couldn't get arrested anywhere else in the league at the GM level, is more than a convenient figurehead) would not have ended up in this situation with so few options when it came to losing the most productive slot receiver in the league.

Hell, the fact that the Buffalo GM came in after and was able to extract a 3rd for a questionable QB who everyone in the league knew was history one way or another, just reinforces the reality that Tannenbaum couldn't negotiate his way into a whorehouse!

lurking, CedarPhin, superphin and 6 others like this.
  12. Trade Viper

Trade Viper Wicked Stop Hunter Finheaven VIP Donator

LTF, Post of the year, seriously.

The Ever Scratching My Head At The Fins Antics VIPER

Ray R likes this.
  13. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Please football gods, grace us Tua or Trevor Finheaven VIP

You can’t extend players 2 years before their contracts run out. Stop saying that.

Jarvis also was never going to sign for a cheap contract, he was always going to maximize his value.

He’s one of the leagues most inefficient receivers, they didn’t make a mistake moving on from him it’s all going to be ok.

Also, Stills has ranked better out of the slot than Landry has, Jakeem Grant is explosive on the outside, he’s not much of a slot. Miami will manage just fine putting the ball in the hands of guys who can actually make explosive plays anywhere on the field.

Ray R, TannDaMan17, Spiff and 3 others like this.
  14. Zounds

Zounds CPA4LYFE Donator

Its not backloading a contract, its income deferral. Its cash payout vs accrued earnings. There's a difference.

Yes, I should have just googled market mechanics to understand them. What was I thinking studying it in undergrad, then again in grad school, and then working 15+ years applying it in the real world? I should have just googled it instead. How stupid of me :facepalm

superphin likes this.
  15. Lovethefish

Lovethefish Well-Known Member

You are correct at end of his 3rd year - forgot he wasn't a 1st Rder. Premise remains. Should've resigned him year ago

Ray R likes this.