Landry traded to Browns for 2018 4th 2019 7th | Page 60 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry traded to Browns for 2018 4th 2019 7th

The Dolphins are either drafting extremely poorly or being incompetent in how they extend players. You cannot have it both ways. If you’re not going to extend so many players, then you’re not drafting the right guys. How many Dolphin draft picks are on extensions now? Pouncey. Jones. Tannehill. You could add Wake even though he was not drafted.

Not understanding the market value of your own players is an unforgivable sin. Vernon asked for $11 million the year prior to free agency. He then got like $17. Miami passed on the $11 M and then, laughably, paid Branch comparable money.

Exactly. Everyone keeps throwing out the nonsense that we wouldn't want to be paying Vernon $17M. It would NOT have cost the Dolphins $17M annually to keep Vernon. You sign these guys before they hit free agency.

Contracts in the NFL are not guaranteed. Players playing on rookie contracts, especially 2nd and 3rd round picks, are going to take the guaranteed money if it's a fair offer. You don't risk a career-ending injury for $800K when you can sign for millions in guaranteed money.

I’m not convinced that miami won’t stick with status quo and promote caroo and sprinkle in grant either as the offset

Might not be a bad idea for a year to see what caroo has. We can scheme production to him.

But he’s gonna have to read coverage more consistently and it depends on what the board looks like at pick 42

And you’d be a hell of a lot more comfortable doing it that way if you had a established plus player at tight end

You aren’t moving far with pick 123 as ammo though I know that much
I keep hearing its pick 123 but I don't see it anywhere. Draftsite does a 7 round mock and has us picking first in the 4th round

No! That's called being a Professional. Also, Baker seems way too ****y. I can understand the Johnny Manziel comparison.
I can't. It's simple Baker loves football. Johnny doesn't

It’s amazing how differently you and I see football. You are in here blasting Gase every opportunity you get, and I like Gase’s potential, here, or more likely, in his next stop. Conversely, I think management lacks any coherent plan, and fails at roster building, while you’re an apologist for management. You’d think on accident, we’d agree on occasion. I suppose that won’t happen until we start winning regularly like we did when I was young. You have to wonder if we are going to see that. It sure doesn’t look good over the foreseeable future.

Can you show me examples of where I blast gase in any post I make? I'll wait. (hint: it doesn't exist)

You know, I couldnt even trade Landry to the Browns in Madden for a third LMAO. In all seriousness though im going to miss Landry, he should have taken the offer we had on the table but hey what can you do.

Been gone since Thursday so a little behind....not surprising....good luck to him

So the Dolphins invested a 2nd round pick and drafted Jarvis Landry. They developed him into a 3 time Pro-Bowl player. And now gave him away for a 4th round pick? Is that an example of a good organization? I don't think so.

I keep hearing its pick 123 but I don't see it anywhere. Draftsite does a 7 round mock and has us picking first in the 4th round

Nothing can be "official" until next week -

March 14 Trading period for 2018 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2017 contracts....

Don't some of you guys just get tired of being wrong? Or do you hit the reset button every morning and forget all the tired nonsense you posted the day before ... and day before that ... ad nauseum.

If only dolphin fans are praising this move, what does that tell you?

Don't some of you guys just get tired of being wrong? Or do you hit the reset button every morning and forget all the tired nonsense you posted the day before ... and day before that ... ad nauseum.

If only dolphin fans are praising this move, what does that tell you?
I'll play...the blind leading the blind

Since we know you have a computer because you are posting here, you don't have any excuse for not looking up the definition for market mechanics.

The market for a NFL player is limited to exactly what what one of 32 teams are willing to pay. Period. We didn't think he was worth what he was asking. You can't argue that we were wrong because only two teams came knocking on our door for him, which suggested the markets view of him was pretty aligned with ours (the teams).

You can say what you want about how valuable juice is/was but until you can back that up with your cash, it's just another ranting post.

And as I've been saying since his hire, in the NFL's infinite collective wisdom, the market for Tannenbaum was non-existent until one clueless Billionaire salvaged him from a supplier's shop, the equivalent of the NFL junk heap. No one wanted him even for a lateral position after the mess he made. Hell, he even was willing to be the Jets capologist if it hadn't created a problem for incoming replacement candidates.

So if our team president was a worthless general manager in the eyes of the league poobahs, just how worthy a football "czar" do you think we have entrusted the team to, including responsibility for retaining our better players and making trades that are advantageous to the franchise? Is it possible that supposedly only 2 teams showed an interest (and if that comes from the fins front office, then it's as unsubstantiated/suspect as Philbin claiming he wanted to draft Carr) because of our "leader's" inability to gin up competition and create a bidding war?

Jets forum members used to call him the "bean counter" and for good reason. Few aside from junc shed any tears over his firing. He may have been peripherally around football, but he's really a glorified capologist who thinks he's trading baseball cards without ramifications. I know this is a long-winded diatribe against Tannenbum, but I maintain that an even decent de facto GM (and don't tell me that Grier, who couldn't get arrested anywhere else in the league at the GM level, is more than a convenient figurehead) would not have ended up in this situation with so few options when it came to losing the most productive slot receiver in the league.

Hell, the fact that the Buffalo GM came in after and was able to extract a 3rd for a questionable QB who everyone in the league knew was history one way or another, just reinforces the reality that Tannenbaum couldn't negotiate his way into a whorehouse!

Let's look at this logically. We weren't paying him 5/75 mill.
Options were Franchise & play 16 mill/ let him go for 3rd Rd comp/ franchise and trade.

If we got #65 2018 pick that's plenty better than 2019 #100.

Now the mistake was - we should've extended him 2 years ago when he was making pennies.
But that mistake was 2 years ago. Not today.

LTF, Post of the year, seriously.

The Ever Scratching My Head At The Fins Antics VIPER

You can’t extend players 2 years before their contracts run out. Stop saying that.

Jarvis also was never going to sign for a cheap contract, he was always going to maximize his value.

He’s one of the leagues most inefficient receivers, they didn’t make a mistake moving on from him it’s all going to be ok.

Also, Stills has ranked better out of the slot than Landry has, Jakeem Grant is explosive on the outside, he’s not much of a slot. Miami will manage just fine putting the ball in the hands of guys who can actually make explosive plays anywhere on the field.

Back
Top Bottom