Larnel Coleman getting noticed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larnel Coleman getting noticed

Racefan99

Active Roster
Reaction score
Was listening to this video today, and at about the 5:00 mark, was surprised to hear Alain Poupart say "the guy who really, really jumped out" yesterday to observers watching the 1/1 pass-block drills was Larnel Coleman.

After watching the Dolphins lack of development of O'Line talent for years, it would be a huge get for the Dolphins if they might have already found young guy who can learn behind Terron Armstead, and possibly become his future replacement down the road.

Larnel Coleman should play a lot this preseason at LT, while Terron Armstead rests.

Good to see him progressing. You have to take a chance on someone with that frame and athleticism but he was very raw coming out of college. I doubt he is ready to be first man up for a tackle spot if someone goes down. Seems like he has the right attitude and will keep working at his craft. It’s nice to start having guys with the right skill sets playing where they should on the o line. I hated watching Eich at tackle and Jackson at guard last year.

Actually AJ has been very good as well. He and Hunt were the two that Armstead pointed out as playing well in Tampa. The other guy that's been mentioned positively is Robert Jones. I liked him in the brief glimpse we got last year. At his point I'm guessing that our line this year will be Armstead, Eich, Williams, Hunt, AJ with Deiter, Jones, Coleman and possibly Dietch as the back ups.

If
Actually AJ has been very good as well. He and Hunt were the two that Armstead pointed out as playing well in Tampa. The other guy that's been mentioned positively is Robert Jones. I liked him in the brief glimpse we got last year. At his point I'm guessing that our line this year will be Armstead, Eich, Williams, Hunt, AJ with Deiter, Jones, Coleman and possibly Dietch as the back ups.
healthy I think Little might get the nod over Dietsch. We will hopefully be able to keep the serviceable but not yet reliable guys on the PS.

Was listening to this video today, and at about the 5:00 mark, was surprised to hear Alain Poupart say "the guy who really, really jumped out" yesterday to observers watching the 1/1 pass-block drills was Larnel Coleman.

After watching the Dolphins lack of development of O'Line talent for years, it would be a huge get for the Dolphins if they might have already found young guy who can learn behind Terron Armstead, and possibly become his future replacement down the road.

Larnel Coleman should play a lot this preseason at LT, while Terron Armstead rests.

This is fantastic news if accurate.

The dude has good feet and is a good athlete but the get off has been inconsistent and when it’s bad it’s bad. Walk around me bad. I’ll be taking a long look at him this pre season. The cincy game last year and some tapes that we’ve seen this year are bad bad bad

If

healthy I think Little might get the nod over Dietsch. We will hopefully be able to keep the serviceable but not yet reliable guys on the PS.
IMO Diesch fits the system very well. In fact, the scouting reports on Diesch were similar to Armstead's when he came out. I think people are under-rating him b/c he went undrafted. And perhaps over-rating Little b/c of where he was drafted.

IMO Diesch fits the system very well. In fact, the scouting reports on Diesch were similar to Armstead's when he came out. I think people are under-rating him b/c he went undrafted. And perhaps over-rating Little b/c of where he was drafted.
What's the word on Dietsch so far?

What's the word on Dietsch so far?
I recall one comment from Applebaum praising his footwork and athleticism (but declined to mention weaknesses) and few positive mentions from camp reports. I didn't hear any negative reports. I suspect that like most rookie OL, he needs to develop NFL strength.

Would be an absolute Dolphins move to finally find a gem at tackle late in the draft the year they back up the brinks truck for a veteran tackle.

Better than the issues we typically have at the position i must say.

In the pre-season game against the Bears last year, he displayed excellent feet and hand placement, while playing LT the entire 2nd half. The kid has some talent to work with. Development will be key to how far he comes as a player.

In the final pre-season game last year he struggled mightily playing RT, a position he had never played before. At times he was bad, but as it happens; Coleman was playing on an injured right leg, the entire game. An injury that cost him a season long stint on the IR.

Whether or not Coleman can harness his talent and learning curve into something worthwhile, remains to be seen. Hopefully with the new coaching staff, he can develop into something worthy of an NFL player.

Back
Top Bottom