Larnel Coleman getting noticed | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larnel Coleman getting noticed

These guys practiced against each other for a few days before the game. I doubt McD wants to show anything darker than a shade of vanilla. Let's see how the line performs in game 2 ... the first half should be a better indicator of the progress.... The second half will probably be more "practice" for 2nd and 3rd team players IMO..... the third PS game will probably look bland as well.

I'm not overreacting to players struggling in the first PS game.... too many wheels turning to make any conclusions. Guys are learning a new language while trying to make the team ... lots of chaos in "trying" things while looking for cohesion and technique.

We will get a better eval the next two games.

But I think the key is having lighter more mobile players. That’s why they drafted signed guys who were in the 300 range.

The pass pro was generally pretty good. Coleman was not bad.

Run blocking has a long way to go.

Dude! I don't claim to be omniscient. But I didn't see much in the way of good and the bad plays stand out a lot more.

It also didn't help that I was watching a Bucs feed. That was incredibly annoying. They didn't even get Bowden's TD route. I didn't get to see it until someone posted it here the next day.
There is an old saying "we see what we want to see".
Your post makes it look like that's "truism" - LOL

You don't have your 1st WR, 2nd WR and even your 3rd WR and 1st TE on the filed. Stuff the line, see how that works out, if you are evaluating your straight smash mouth football and run these plays to determine what the issues are, then so be it.

The pre-season is a place to evaluate play in certain situations, several comments ring out here "if Tua was in I'd hope he's audible out of the play" and I am sure he would have. We don't know the intent of the play, if you line up 11 on 11 to see where your power run game is at, then it tells you "yeah we have an issue at this point".

Last edited:
I love how there's an expectation that you hire new staff and suddenly with minimal practice, minimal reps and no gameplay to that point all issues are supposed to be resolved.

We aren't going to know anything major until a few weeks into the year. Hopefully we see slow improvement until then.

It takes a lot of repetition to get rid of old habits and create better ones.

Here’s some film on oline, especially Coleman.

Glad I watched the second part of that video as he shows a lot of detailed plays and yes Coleman is gone and man Eichenberg needs to step up. He goes from whiffs to awesome blocks.

Here’s some film on oline, especially Coleman.

Wow...Coleman...so bad. Dallas Thomas level bad. I would say can't believe this guy was pumped up but I see it happen over and over where a camp OL star literally ends up on his butt once the games start.

He's a dolphin so I am rooting for him also. He has a lot of good tools, a great athletic profile, a great kick slide and has shown significant improvement in his anchor while at the same time slimming down. Those are all great and gives many fans hope. But these were all present early in his rookie year also. But here is the rub, I have written about this several times and wrote about it when we drafted him. His problem is processing speed. When something happens that he is not expecting it takes too long for him to recognize it. This is not being lazy or lacking intelligence, it is the speed at which synapsis in the brain relay data from what he sees back to the brain and then back to the muscles to change direction. When he is expecting outside speed rush and gets that he looks great, but when they fake outside and cross his face he can't react in time, and rarely gets a hand on the guy. This is not fixable. There are several conditions that cause this, one is CMT (Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease) which I was born with. It is not noticeable to those not looking for it but makes certain things, (like boxing and combat sports) nearly impossible.
He will look great until we are through with practice and preseason then someone watches tape on him and it is a free shot on Tua every time they want it. And now it is Tua's blind side. Go back and watch, or watch moving forward when the guy he is blocking changes direction and makes and inside move. It's kinda sad.
I like and Jackson because we did draft him but usually your third year or your fourth year usually all your experience comes out how many offense of coordinators have we gone through we’re always talking about implementing an office that fits the strength of Tua what about an office to implement the strengths of your office of lineman because if you got a bad offense of line I don’t care who you are you could be Marino , Montana , Brady Jim Kelly, if your offensive line are not making there doing their assignments those quarterbacks are not gonna do good they’re gonna be average quarterbacks this McDaniel guy I think how’s a good system that’s gonna benefit or offenseline and protect Tua and open up holes for our running back At least I hope they can

Glad I watched the second part of that video as he shows a lot of detailed plays and yes Coleman is gone and man Eichenberg needs to step up. He goes from whiffs to awesome blocks.
I understand where you’re coming from but it’s only one game in the preseason but you do make a valid point

I understand where you’re coming from but it’s only one game in the preseason but you do make a valid point

One game in the preseason with a new scheme, no prior game action, minimal time to work on correcting technique via practice.

If the coaches cut these guys or bench them, that's their decision. I think it's kind of negligent from the fan perspective to try and assess whether guys have im0roved or not yet.

Back
Top Bottom