Larnel Coleman getting noticed | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larnel Coleman getting noticed

Here’s some film on oline, especially Coleman.

I know little about Oline play, but this guy has opened my eyes big time. I can only hope that coach McD and his Oline staff are seeing the exact same problems that were highlighted here and have a way to quickly correct them before the season starts. Any chance coach called Grier and said start shopping for good, solid veteran player we can bring in.
Thanks to AZStryker for the film study, and great analysis.

Last edited:
You can't teach instincts and awareness and those appear to be the main problems for Coleman. He just doesn't read and react on the level needed to succeed in the NFL. We are one inury to Armstead away from having an awful O-line (again).

Technique vs getting pushed back 8 yards, sloppy feet etc. Looks like a 7th round picket best ...ohh wait!
Lately I’ve been reading on the Miami Dolphins and we’re bringing other players in for tryouts like that linebacker flowers that just got released I forgot what team it is why in the hell are we not bringing offense of lineman that offense of lineman from Cleveland I think it is I can’t remember his name it starts with a T he’s a Center before he retired why didn’t we bring him in

LC getting noticed for all the wrong reasons. I am worried about the snaps, I think this ongoing issue can't be corrected for some reason. One year maybe we'll find one that can play.

God I hope armstead doesn’t miss a lot of time.. I could see dieter playing if eich can’t put it together. When armstead doesnt play I see a lot of dominoes happening on the offensive line. Austin Jackson, Williams , dieter, hunt, eich at RT.

it's just idiotic in my opinion. to say we know anything about any of our line based on one game!
Fair enough, just like it is "idiotic" in my opinion to say those who have coached OL, even at lower levels, WOULDN'T know a lot about an OL from watching one game or even one series for that matter. Most fans don't watch OL during a game unless there is a sack or missed block, but for those of us who do, it is no more difficult to access the OL play than it is to watch Tyreek and say "dang that guy is fast".

My point is just because you can't understand what you are seeing doesn't mean someone with more experience can't do it. Don't project your knowledge level onto someone else.

Lately I’ve been reading on the Miami Dolphins and we’re bringing other players in for tryouts like that linebacker flowers that just got released I forgot what team it is why in the hell are we not bringing offense of lineman that offense of lineman from Cleveland I think it is I can’t remember his name it starts with a T he’s a Center before he retired why didn’t we bring him in
He hasn't been able to practice on a consistent basis for two years do to a broken down body.

He stated that he didn't want to play in the heat of Miami.

He is the president of the NFLPA, and is pushing for fully guaranteed contracts, therefore he was likely looking for that, else he would have appeared quite hypocritical.

There are three reasons off the top of my head.

He hasn't been able to practice on a consistent basis for two years do to a broken down body.

He stated that he didn't want to play in the heat of Miami.

He is the president of the NFLPA, and is pushing for fully guaranteed contracts, therefore he was likely looking for that, else he would have appeared quite hypocritical.

There are three reasons off the top of my head.
plus perhaps they knew he was pondering retirement.

TB lost their top 17 centers and didn't bring him in either.

"why didn't we bring him in before he retired?" such a microcosm of Finheaven.

LC getting noticed for all the wrong reasons. I am worried about the snaps, I think this ongoing issue can't be corrected for some reason. One year maybe we'll find one that can play.
are you talking about Larnel Coleman, our Center position, or both?

as far as snaps issues with Connor Williams, i don't think it's 100% solved, but I think it is much less a concern now than it was earlier in camp.

God I hope armstead doesn’t miss a lot of time.. I could see dieter playing if eich can’t put it together. When armstead doesnt play I see a lot of dominoes happening on the offensive line. Austin Jackson, Williams , dieter, hunt, eich at RT.
yes, there would be a lot of moving pieces if Armstead went down, and they don't include any of the backup tackles.

The drop off from Connor Williams to Michael Deiter at Center must offset the upside of Williams at LG over Eich.

not surprising to me, i think Eich can play.

as far as snaps issues with Connor Williams, i don't think it's 100% solved, but I think it is much less a concern now than it was earlier in camp.
Parnell C. Idk, snaps still seem like a problem from my viewpoint but we’ll see. Hate to see the QBs eyes taken off the defense to catch a high snap.

Parnell C. Idk, snaps still seem like a problem from my viewpoint but we’ll see. Hate to see the QBs eyes taken off the defense to catch a high snap.
still not sure what you're saying.

parnell? snaps? lol

i might just need coffee!

On the above posted video.

I have to disagree almost completely. This coach says that every NFL team will crowd up and stop Miami's run, because they'll want to see that Tua can beat them.

Umm... Hill and Waddle?

Honestly??? You REALLY think teams will 'crowd up' when Hill and Waddle are lined up and ready to go deep?

My response.

Please. Please crowd up... really, just please.

I didn't understand why people could not appreciate the possibility that Williams would improve his snapping as the pre season wore on.

It was as if there was zero chance he could get better at it. We saw him struggle early and that was it for him then. :shrug:

I am not saying he is great at it yet, but seems fair to think he will progress to the point where it won't be an issue.

I have seen some improvement from Jackson out at RT and Eich at LG so far and I am close to feeling decent to OK about the OL as a whole.I think having Armstead at LT will have a trickle down(across?)effect on the group as a whole as well.

I didn't understand why people could not appreciate the possibility that Williams would improve his snapping as the pre season wore on.

It was as if there was zero chance he could get better at it. We saw him struggle early and that was it for him then. :shrug:

I am not saying he is great at it yet, but seems fair to think he will progress to the point where it won't be an issue.

I have seen some improvement from Jackson out at RT and Eich at LG so far and I am close to feeling decent to OK about the OL as a whole.I think having Armstead at LT will have a trickle down(across?)effect on the group as a whole as well.
i never really had concern about Williams snapping.

if every other snap was sailing over Tua's head, i would be very alarmed (and Deiter would likely have replaced him).

Back
Top Bottom